NADWcon 2013 site is up!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: NADWcon 2013 site is up!

Postby Catch-up » Mon May 14, 2012 1:11 am

I didn't think American Airlines existed anymore! You must have a few others to choose from?

I was just having a look around the site. Lots of interesting info there already! Lots of things to do close by. I would love to go to the cliffs and fossil hunt, but it looks like that's about an hour and a half from the hotel. I'm definitely going to try to get in at least a couple of days early to do some stuff and see the fireworks. Looks like another place with lots of fabulous restaurants around. There's a Ruth Chris! Great steak house. Also noticed tapas and sushi restaurants. There's a mention of pre-convention tours being offered. Looking forward to finding out what they are. :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon May 14, 2012 12:44 pm

Yes but I'm careful not to be lumbered with then again, they still fly out of Heathrow and if they are going out of business GOOD. :twisted: Virgin fly into Dulles but I will need to wait until later this year to see what their fares cost, and there are flights from Glasgow with United to BWI I will have to ask a friend of mine who lives in Silver Springs what they are like as he comes to Cons in the UK. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue May 15, 2012 10:18 am

Dug.

Not knowing about these things in the slightest, could you train-it to Manchester and fly from there?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue May 15, 2012 11:47 am

It would be easier to fly to London Bouncy, as the Manchester airport is on the outskirts I have flown into that once from London.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Tue May 15, 2012 12:00 pm

Really hope you're able to work it out! You were missed last year.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue May 15, 2012 12:49 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:It would be easier to fly to London Bouncy, as the Manchester airport is on the outskirts I have flown into that once from London.

Ahh.

What's the flight time from Glasgae tae Lunnon?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby raisindot » Tue May 15, 2012 1:17 pm

Are any of you folks seriously planning on going?

I'm thinking...thinking...thinking about it. I could conceivably drive from Boston, but it's about 8 hours through the worst driving corridor (I-95) in America. Also, it being around the July 4th weekend means that traffic and crowdedness if going to be abysmal...particularly i you're going through Washington DC.
raisindot

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue May 15, 2012 1:22 pm

You could ask Nanny to pick you up on her broomstick. :mrgreen:

Bouncy Castle

Postby Catch-up » Tue May 15, 2012 4:56 pm

raisindot wrote:Are any of you folks seriously planning on going?

I'm thinking...thinking...thinking about it. I could conceivably drive from Boston, but it's about 8 hours through the worst driving corridor (I-95) in America. Also, it being around the July 4th weekend means that traffic and crowdedness if going to be abysmal...particularly i you're going through Washington DC.

For whatever it's worth, I am definitely planning on being there. Lots of people came from overseas for the first two. You should really consider coming, everyone is so nice and you will have a wonderful time!
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue May 15, 2012 10:50 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:It would be easier to fly to London Bouncy, as the Manchester airport is on the outskirts I have flown into that once from London.

Ahh.

What's the flight time from Glasgae tae Lunnon?
Don't know as I fly from Edinburgh Bouncy, as I'm only 20 Mins away from it by train, but I think it should be about the same just over an hour depending how long you have to circle at Heathrow.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed May 16, 2012 11:43 am

Sorry. My JockGeography is somewhat lacking!!

3 flights does seem a bit excessive.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed May 16, 2012 6:58 pm

If you remember Edinburgh is on the East (coast) Glasgow is more to the West, Sorted mush. :mrgreen:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby raisindot » Wed May 16, 2012 7:36 pm

Catch-up wrote:Find someone to room with to bring the hotel cost down.

That's a very good idea. It's $154 a night for singles and $174 for double occupancy. If I do go (and I'm leaning very much toward coming in on the 5th and leaving very late on the 7th) I'd be happy to bunk up with either a U.S. or 'fereign' forum member. I am reasonably housebroken. :D
raisindot

Postby Catch-up » Wed May 16, 2012 8:28 pm

So glad to hear you're thinking of going! :D Last year I didn't know if I would be able to get someone to room with. The person I shared a room with at the 2009 con wasn't able to make the one in 2011. When I bought my membership I went ahead and booked a room with two double beds. I figured if I couldn't find someone to room with, I'd just switch to a room with a king bed. But I ended up rooming with someone from the CA forum and it worked out great! :D I'm going to be lucky enough to room with her again this year. So, book the room with 2 doubles and keep the word out that you're interested in sharing.
Catch-up

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu May 17, 2012 10:27 am

Bloody good job I'm not going. Whoever shared with me wouldn't get any sleep whatsoever. I snore like a really loud snorey thing.

So I'm told. :oops:

Bouncy Castle

PreviousNext

Return to Terry Pratchett