NADWcon 2013 site is up!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

NADWcon 2013 site is up!

Postby Catch-up » Fri May 11, 2012 12:46 pm

“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Re: NADWcon 2013 site is up!

Postby raptornx01 » Fri May 11, 2012 1:14 pm

FINALLY!

Been waiting for them to announce the next NA con.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri May 11, 2012 7:00 pm

Seen it on twitter about a couple of hours or so ago. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby KarenM » Fri May 11, 2012 8:51 pm

I really hope I can save up enough to actually go to it this time - and not volunteer for *anything*!

Should the tag line be 'wander' or 'wonder' though? Is it a pune on wandering around?

K
KarenM

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri May 11, 2012 9:28 pm

I registered and booked the hotel for the 2011 one but left it too late to get a resonably price flight, when it topped £1100 for the airfare I cancelled it all. :cry: hotel is a bit pricey at £95 +tax so I will wait and see before I commit myself again,pity Boston did not win it's a lot easier to get to direct flight.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Fri May 11, 2012 10:19 pm

Baltimore is really no distance from such places as New York, Philadelphia and Washington DC, Dug. Only a couple of hundred miles from the furthest and there's plenty of public transport between. :)

Look at flights to Newark, or Philadelphia. I have a non-driving friend who went to the US for the first time to visit friends in Baltimore. She landed at Philly and had no trouble at all getting to Baltimore and New York.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby raptornx01 » Fri May 11, 2012 10:24 pm

$704 not counting the flight, or food, or transport, or suvies :doh:
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Catch-up » Fri May 11, 2012 11:26 pm

Find someone to room with to bring the hotel cost down. I was hoping the hotel would have a shuttle from the airport, but it looks like we're on our own for transportation. Maybe people can coordinate if they're arriving close together and share transport.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat May 12, 2012 12:57 am

Tonyblack wrote:Baltimore is really no distance from such places as New York, Philadelphia and Washington DC, Dug. Only a couple of hundred miles from the furthest and there's plenty of public transport between. :)

Look at flights to Newark, or Philadelphia. I have a non-driving friend who went to the US for the first time to visit friends in Baltimore. She landed at Philly and had no trouble at all getting to Baltimore and New York.
That means 3 flights in one day for me from here Tony. :roll:
@ Catch up it's the flight costs that bother me more. :think:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Sat May 12, 2012 1:18 pm

Yes, I can definitely understand the flight costs being the bigger worry from your perspective Dug! Could you get a direct flight into one of the other nearby airports mentioned on the site, then share transport with others flying over? Of course, that's assuming you can coordinate your flights with enough other people.
Catch-up

Postby The Mad Collector » Sat May 12, 2012 7:17 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:That means 3 flights in one day for me from here Tony. :roll:

You can fly direct from Glasgow to Newark for about £500 return
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat May 12, 2012 7:32 pm

That depends on the airlines who fly from there as there is one I would not set foot again for long haul.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Sat May 12, 2012 7:41 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:That depends on the airlines who fly from there as there is one I would not set foot again for long haul.

That one is United. But you can fly to Philly with US Airlines from there. :)
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat May 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Tonyblack wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:That depends on the airlines who fly from there as there is one I would not set foot again for long haul.

That one is United. But you can fly to Philly with US Airlines from there. :)

No it's American Airlines Tony, a more unhelpful,unfriendly bunch of arseholes would be hard to find it was my misfortune to fly to Boston with AA I did not book it with them but they were a co-share. :evil:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Sun May 13, 2012 3:42 am

I've only flown with AA when all the BA flights got disrupted a few years back and the flight to Phoenix got cancelled. I was able to fly with BA to San Francisco and transferred to AA to Phoenix. United are pretty good and I've flown with them quite often. Never flown with US Airways though. :?
Tonyblack

Next

Return to Terry Pratchett