Doctor Who 2012 News and Rumours

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Doctor Who 2012 News and Rumours

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri May 11, 2012 12:38 pm

Writing Amy and Rory's exit was a tremendous challenge, says The Moff.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/docto ... lenge.html
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby spideyGirl » Fri May 11, 2012 4:57 pm

Speaking of The Doctor :D
spideyGirl

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri May 11, 2012 8:56 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue May 22, 2012 10:38 am

Digital Spy:

Steven Moffat has blasted people who claim Doctor Who and Sherlock are "too clever".

The BAFTA-winning writer encouraged disgruntled viewers to "pay attention" and "think about" his dramas.

"There's been a weird backlash among, I presume, fairly stupid people about the fact the shows are complicated and clever, but they're both huge international hits," the 50-year-old told BAFTA Guru.

"We make no apology. Don't expect to do the ironing; sit down, pay attention and think about it. Audiences like complexity.

"They follow intricately plotted soap operas all the time. It depresses me when people say, 'It's all far too clever'."

On not having any plans to move on from the two programmes, he added: "The moment it's time to stop on a show is not an ambiguous feeling - you just suddenly think, 'I can't do it anymore; I've had enough'."

Ex-This Morning presenter Fern Britton spoke out against Doctor Who earlier this year, claiming it was "dreary".

Fern Britton = pot, kettle, black.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Quatermass » Tue May 22, 2012 10:42 am

Sometimes, I think that Doctor Who has the opposite problem: not clever enough. But then, that may be me, someone who enjoys the story Ghost Light. :think:
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby spideyGirl » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:12 am

Soooo excited!

spideyGirl

Postby Bouncy Castle » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:10 am

The snowmen look behind-the-sofa-worthy.

Pity it looks like we'll be in for more of Murray Gold's over-loud music again.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:29 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Digital Spy:

Steven Moffat has blasted people who claim Doctor Who and Sherlock are "too clever".

The BAFTA-winning writer encouraged disgruntled viewers to "pay attention" and "think about" his dramas.

"There's been a weird backlash among, I presume, fairly stupid people about the fact the shows are complicated and clever, but they're both huge international hits," the 50-year-old told BAFTA Guru.

"We make no apology. Don't expect to do the ironing; sit down, pay attention and think about it. Audiences like complexity.

"They follow intricately plotted soap operas all the time. It depresses me when people say, 'It's all far too clever'."

On not having any plans to move on from the two programmes, he added: "The moment it's time to stop on a show is not an ambiguous feeling - you just suddenly think, 'I can't do it anymore; I've had enough'."

Ex-This Morning presenter Fern Britton spoke out against Doctor Who earlier this year, claiming it was "dreary".

Fern Britton = pot, kettle, black.

We need MORE clever TV series, not less.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Del » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:03 pm

But thats the point !!!

At our house so many TV shows are the sort that we get up from and wander into the kitchen to get a cuppa or whatever.....

When Dr Who is on the only sound you will ever hear is an occassional SHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! to anyone silly enough to say anything... (usually its a "Ohhhhhh! Did you see that on the wall !! SHHHHHH!!!!!!!) Screams and leaping up in fright are always excusable!

Me and the girls suddenly begin animated discussion once its over! :dance: :dance: :dance:

In fact... I do believe its the ONLY show we all watch together where SILENCE FALLS ;)
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:55 pm

From Twitter:

Calvin Dean ‏@calvinadean

Had the best time filming @neilhimself's episode of #DoctorWho. You Whovians are gonna love it!!

Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:14 pm

And Rose and Amy. ;) :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:40 pm

Neil Gaiman ‏@neilhimself

I saw Doctor Who Xmas episode. You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll move somewhere warm where it never snows & you'll hide under the bed there.

:shock:

Bouncy Castle

Postby Quatermass » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:28 pm

And I've heard, via the Doctor Who News website, that a certain famous actor voices the Snowmen...

Spoiler: show
Ian McKellen. :shock: :o :clap:
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:09 am

Bouncy Castle

Postby Quatermass » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:35 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:New Tardis interior revealed.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/docto ... cture.html

Oh, my. It's actually better than the previous consoles in the new series! Finally, it actually looks properly like the TARDIS! :)

-the Master
Quatermass

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre