Social Media makes children behave badly says TP

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Social Media makes children behave badly says TP

Postby raptornx01 » Thu May 10, 2012 3:35 am

maybe, but you know what, i can over look it. i'm used to it. (hell, i've DONE it) but the ones that use it in actual speech makes me cringe.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby SimStars13 » Thu May 10, 2012 3:49 pm

What annoys me is when people use text speak in emails. Which are free.

I do correct them when I reply though...
"Martin! I thought we sold you"

DFTBA
SimStars13

Postby Tonyblack » Thu May 10, 2012 4:32 pm

SimStars13 wrote:What annoys me is when people use text speak in emails. Which are free.

I agree. To a degree I can see that a limited text message might be cheaper if shorthand is used, but not an email. That makes no sense.

Actually, if someone is sending a short text that is way below the limit of characters they are allowed, they might as well write a proper message. How much harder is it to reply 'Thanks' than 'Thnx'? :?
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby author3 » Thu May 10, 2012 6:22 pm

Tonyblack wrote:
SimStars13 wrote:What annoys me is when people use text speak in emails. Which are free.

I agree. To a degree I can see that a limited text message might be cheaper if shorthand is used, but not an email. That makes no sense.

Actually, if someone is sending a short text that is way below the limit of characters they are allowed, they might as well write a proper message. How much harder is it to reply 'Thanks' than 'Thnx'? :?

I agree,in 2010 one of my best friends got addicted to emailing(because he didn't have a phone so this was the equivalent of texting for him) and when he started to first use the email he would write normally but then by the end of the summer he was emailing using abbreviations,thankfully his parents knew they couldn't trust him with a phone
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby spideyGirl » Fri May 11, 2012 4:53 pm

I think there could be a good (though probably quite limited) side effect of all this. It's essentially a form of shorthand and would be quite useful when having to make notes in classes :D
spideyGirl

Postby Antiq » Wed May 16, 2012 2:21 pm

Lyke omg lolll r u srs? :D
I use some text-speak when I'm texting because I'm a reaalllly slow texter :lol: Doesn't make me illiterate or aggressive or badly behaved. Ok, I'm not a kid, but my kids are not like that either.
Parenting is everything, we need to stop blaming everything else.
Carpe Jugulum
Antiq

Previous

Return to Terry Pratchett