what is your next book purchase

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: what is your next book purchase

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:30 pm

Half Sick of Shadows by David Logan

Apocalypse Cow by Michael Logan

They are both the joint winners of: The Terry Pratchett First Novel Award, coming out 20 days. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bickaxe » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:26 am

I don't know if we'll ever see the next 2 Shades of Grey books from what Jasper has said, sales were not great which is why The Last Dragonslayer books were released. Shame as I was enjoying it.
Glad they were, both have been good so far, can't wait for the next one. Want the next Nursery Crimes too, not that fussed on TN .

Was going to get Robin Hobbs next Dragon book, but reviews are not great so will wait for the paperback version next year
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:20 pm

Had a new Argeneau vampire story delivered to the Kindle yesterday.

:oops:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:51 pm

Bickaxe wrote:I don't know if we'll ever see the next 2 Shades of Grey books from what Jasper has said, sales were not great which is why The Last Dragonslayer books were released. Shame as I was enjoying it.
Glad they were, both have been good so far, can't wait for the next one. Want the next Nursery Crimes too, not that fussed on TN .

Was going to get Robin Hobbs next Dragon book, but reviews are not great so will wait for the paperback version next year

Really enjoyed Shades of Grey but the last two Thursday books were only so so. Have the Dragonslayer books but haven't read em yet. Next Planned purchase is the Third book in Ben Aaronovitches series called Whispers Under Ground. Can't wait . :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:49 pm

Oooh. When's that out, Pip?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:56 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Oooh. When's that out, Pip?

Well its out in June but your not allowed buy it as someone has put in a special order for a prepublication signed copy that might fall into an envelope addressed to London.
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby chris.ph » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:12 pm

they keep delaying publication of this book ive been waiting since last year :|
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby pip » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:15 pm

chris.ph wrote:they keep delaying publication of this book ive been waiting since last year :|

there was a big rewrite as the publishers and test readers didn't like a chunk of it. june is definite though
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby chris.ph » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:17 pm

excellent :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Phoenix » Thu May 03, 2012 10:42 am

I don't know what book it will be, but it will be some urban fantasy... If I can get my random trawlings of amazon to bring up something half decent. I'm having a slight brain meltdown trying to find something!
Hah! I laugh in the face of danger... Then I hide until it goes away.

+++ Out of Spoons Error +++ Redo From Start +++
Phoenix

Postby pip » Thu May 03, 2012 11:01 am

Phoenix wrote:I don't know what book it will be, but it will be some urban fantasy... If I can get my random trawlings of amazon to bring up something half decent. I'm having a slight brain meltdown trying to find something!

If you haven't read it try 'Rivers of London' By Ben Aaronovitch. Best bit of Urban Fantasy I've read in years. Sequel is excellent as well and third part is out this year in June (see above) :D
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu May 03, 2012 2:09 pm

Both the Pratchett winners ones out on the 10th of May but Apolcalypse Cow is sold out on Amazon pre orders. :o
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby pip » Thu May 03, 2012 3:19 pm

try book depository
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu May 03, 2012 3:51 pm

pip wrote:
Bouncy Castle wrote:Oooh. When's that out, Pip?

Well its out in June but your not allowed buy it as someone has put in a special order for a prepublication signed copy that might fall into an envelope addressed to London.

:shock: :o :shock: :o

Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu May 03, 2012 6:51 pm

pip wrote:try book depository

Oh I could get it local from Waterstones I just did not want to pay £15 for the priveledge instead of £9 from Amazon. :)
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Discworld books