Thanks for all the list!
My favorites have the same dry wit as TP.
Dry humour. MASH, Hogan's Heros
(Down on the list are 60 Minutes, 20/20, Frontline, Bill Moyers, Charlie Rose, Ellen Degeneres, Doctor Oz...)
(Dead Walking has terrible directing, too bad I didn't like Lost)
Northern Exposure takes place in a remote town in Alaska.
The Native Alaskans are normal people but the white people from Canada and the US are slighly insane. A few that are not-regulars are sometimes TRULY insane.
In one episode, the native people pelt the white townfolk with tomatoes.. The doctor (Joel) that is new to Alaska and hates everything abou it, is smacked one morning as he gets out of his truck, and the native that just gpt him with a big juicy one waves wIth a freindly "good morning Dr. Fleishman!" Joel enters the little grocery store, incredulous, and Ruth Anne (from Portland) answers him, "It's one day each year. It's the least we can do, considering ...
The music is really terrific. I highly recommend it just for that.
So many people like Firefly, but it doesn't make my top 20. I think other dry-wit shows are not as well written.. 2 1/2 Men. Thanks for the input for The X-Factor and Top Gear and all the rest.
1. Suppose we've chosen the wrong God. Every time we go to church we're just making Him madder and madder.
2. Dear Mr. President, there are too many states nowadays. Please eliminate three. I am not a crackpot
3. And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?
4. To start press any key (reading screen). Where's the "any" key? I see Esc, Catarl, and Pig Up. There doesn't seem to be any "any" key. Wo! All this computer hacking is making me thirsty. I think I'll order a Tab. (presses TAB key).
5.Always remember that you're representing your country. I guess what I'm saying is, don't mess up France the way you messed up your room.
6.I tell ya. It's hard, tiring work. But when I see the smiles on their little faces... I just know they're getting ready to jab me with something
7. Look at all this great stuff I found at the Marina. It was just sitting in some guy's boat!
8.No! No-no-no-no-no-no! Well, yes
9.Aaah! Natural light! Get it off me! Get it off me!
10.Kids, kids. As far as Daddy's concerned, you're both potential murderers
11. If something goes wrong, blame the man that doesn't speak english
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.