The Horus Heresy Series.

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

The Horus Heresy Series.

Postby Cohen » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Has anyone been reading the Horus Heresy novels by Black Library? If so, what's your favourite(s)?

My favourites to date are 'Legion' and 'Prospero Burns' by Dan Abnett. I like the sneaky Alpha Legion but you can't beat the ferocity of the Wolves of Fenris :twisted:
"Sorrow comes from a world upturned"
Cohen

Re: The Horus Heresy Series.

Postby spideyGirl » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Hello and welcome Cohen, not heard of them meself- what are they about? :D
spideyGirl

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:08 pm

Spidey, Black Library publish Warhammer novels, and Dan Abnett has written a few I have a couple of his, Gilead's Blood
Bloodstorm: A tale of Malus Darkblade they were Ok but not great and also written in conjuction with another author, but that was 10years ago when he was just starting out. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Quatermass » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:05 pm

The only Warhammer 40K books that I have read, or feel inclined in the first place to read, are the Ciaphas Cain series.
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:05 am

I've only read his fantasy apart from the 2 novels some short stories, but there is also..... which he has written. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Cohen » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:50 pm

spideyGirl.

The Horus Heresy series covers perhaps the single most important period with regard background of WH40k. So far there are nineteen novels, not including limited edition and audio books, written by a variety of authors for Black Library.

Please checkout this site for more information: http://www.blacklibrary.com/horus-heresy
"Sorrow comes from a world upturned"
Cohen

Postby Homeless Hublander » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:45 pm

the only one I've read is The First Heretic - it was an interesting read, but I don't feel overly compelled to read others :D
Come check out my (fairly) regularly udated blog - it has words and everything! Honest!
http://rstbt.blogspot.co.uk/
Homeless Hublander

Return to Non-Discworld books