Atlas Shrugged Forced Reading

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Atlas Shrugged Forced Reading

Postby DaveC » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:26 pm

This ones for you, Q! :D

On Mark Reads/Watches, website I'm currently addicted to, Mark is doing a forced reading of a bad book for every $1000 he raises for a the AIDS/LifeCycle charity cycle he is doing soon. :clap:

Check out his Atlas Shrugged reading! :lol:

(Possible bad language, I've not finished watching it yet...)

Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Re: Atlas Shrugged Forced Reading

Postby Quatermass » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:03 pm

I haven't watched it myself yet, but if he's doing Atlas Shrugged for charity, then he'd better be given more than a grand. :(
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby DaveC » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:34 pm

Forgot to mention, video is only 14 mins, if's read it before, the read is what readers voted for for him to read on camera! http://www.markreads.net/reviews/2012/04/mark-reads-bad-fic-1-atlas-shrugged/
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby raptornx01 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:39 am

I'm a fifth of the way through it, its not THAT bad, so far.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Quatermass » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:40 am

raptornx01 wrote:I'm a fifth of the way through it, its not THAT bad, so far.

Pfft. You must be a masochist.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby meerkat » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:15 pm

:shock:

Dear God, it's like walking your eyeballs through Treacle! Dreadful book. The word 'enjoy' doesn't even enter into it!

Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Quatermass » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:08 pm

meerkat wrote::shock:

Dear God, it's like walking your eyeballs through Treacle! Dreadful book. The word 'enjoy' doesn't even enter into it!

Unless, like I said, you're a masochist. You know, enjoying pain?

I had to admit, though, d'Anconia was interesting, and a few characters here and there. But, as I mentioned in a blog I did on another forum while reading Atlas Shrugged, the Aristocracy of Pull has got to be one of the biggest unintentional double entendres in the whole of literature. Oh, and I giggled a bit at the train being destroyed in the tunnel. But seriously, why is Galt considered a hero when he indirectly causes the death of millions who were neither so-called looters or moochers?

As far as philosophical novels are concerned, Atlas Shrugged, to quote Little Dorrit, is an example of How NOT To Do It.

What book would I point to as a philosophical novel that is better? I'd probably choose Stanislaw Lem's Solaris.

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby raptornx01 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:52 pm

Ain't got that far into it yet. :x

I actually like Rearden so far.

for the philosophy, i know of it, and though i'm curious on her take its not why i got the book or something that effects me enough to not want to read it because of that.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Return to Non-Discworld books