I Know That Voice

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

I Know That Voice

Postby raptornx01 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:07 pm

Its a documentary, directed by John DiMaggio (Bender, Marcus Fenix, etc), about Vice actors, and the VA industry.

I've always been, and always will be an animation fan, and especially of voice actors. Both in american shows and anime (and video games ofcourse), and have had to pleasure to converse (at least online) with a few over the years. heh, and i even know every name listed in this trailer.

I defiantly can't wait to see it. They really are an under-respected bunch.

and its funny we were just talking about foster's and powerpuff girls since Tara Strong is one of the featured guests :lol:

EDIT: editted to add trailer 2

Last edited by raptornx01 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Re: I Know That Voice

Postby Dotsie » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:03 pm

You should edit your post - I was nearly at the end before I realised why you have so much respect for Vice actors :P
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby spideyGirl » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:07 pm

:lol: :lol:

I wouldn't mind being a voice actor, being able to perform without actually being seen sounds (no pun intended) great to me!
spideyGirl

Postby Conforumist » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:56 pm

When, I was in Italy the tour guide told us that the voice over actors are bigger stars than the on-screen actors.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby chris.ph » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:03 pm

ive got a face for voice acting :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby SimStars13 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:20 pm

I used to occasionally look at who voiced all the disney characters/cartoon shows I watched on imdb and then be amazed at how they all had the same voice actors, and then I'd rewatch clips and go :o they're the same!
I also did this with video games.
But I'm really looking forward to this documentary, the people on it seem really interesting :)
"Martin! I thought we sold you"

DFTBA
SimStars13

Postby raptornx01 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:16 pm

Listen to the commentaries for futurama, almost better then the series itself :lol:

i remember though when i was a kid trying to find out who the ninja turtles voices were. but since the actors are just a lump of text id have to sit down and compare cast lists with shows that i heard the same voice on. Meant my VCR gots lots of use :lol:

lol if it wasn't for the short run UPN comedy The Sparks I never would have gotten Barry Gordon (Donatello)

Though Finding out Uncle Phil from fresh prince of belair was the Shredder was a shock :lol:
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Dotsie » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:00 pm

raptornx01 wrote:Though Finding out Uncle Phil from fresh prince of belair was the Shredder was a shock :lol:

:o
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Joolz » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:57 pm

John Ratzenberger in Cars- “Wait a minute here, they're just using the same actor over and over! What kind of a cut-rate production is this?”
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby Sister Jennifer » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:57 pm

'Young Lady bring me a sandwich from the dumpster.' :D :D :D I thought Billy West would be younger.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Quatermass » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:05 am

I thought Michael Bell would be younger, as his voice for playing Raziel (from the Legacy of Kain video games) sounds young.

I've actually met a few voice actors at Supanova and other places. I've met Yuko Miyamura and Tiffany Grant (the Japanese and English voice actresses for Asuka Langley Soryu from Neon Genesis Evangelion respectively), Mike McFarland (too many to count, but includes Master Roshi and Yajirobe from Dragon Ball), and Brina Palencia (the current dub voice for Rei Ayanami in the Rebuild of Evangelion films).

Oh, and Tiffany Grant is a Doctor Who fan! :D
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby raptornx01 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:16 am

I wonder if she has a Who collection too.

Now keep in mind, she isn't just a fan, she actually the English Voice Actress for Asuka.

raptornx01

Postby Quatermass » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:39 am

raptornx01 wrote:I wonder if she has a Who collection too.

Now keep in mind, she isn't just a fan, she actually the English Voice Actress for Asuka.

Ugh, yes, I did mention that. I said I met her, and her Japanese counterpart, Yuko Miyamura.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby raptornx01 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:20 pm

That was for the benefit of the others ;) and to clarify who the video was by.
raptornx01

Postby ramtopsman » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:58 pm

YES YES AND MAJOR YES

These are actually some of my idols especially tom kenny and john dimagio ive done vocies since i was about 13 and these are the people i idolize when it comes to voices

I can not waite eeeeeeee :D
Check out all things pratchett at

www.youtube.com/user/ramtopsman
ramtopsman

Next

Return to TV, film, theatre