Doctor Who 2012 News and Rumours

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Doctor Who 2012 News and Rumours

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:31 pm

New Doctor Who companion Jenna-Louise Coleman has admitted that she knows little about her character.

The 25-year-old actress was unveiled to the public last week and will debut on the sci-fi drama this Christmas.

"I have an idea of the story, of the character and of a few surprises," she told the Radio Times. "But I don't know her name or where she's from.

"I just told Steven [Moffat] and [executive producer] Caroline Skinner, 'Don't tell me anything until I need to know it'."

Doctor Who star Matt Smith recently praised Coleman, claiming that she gave the "most interesting" audition in front of showrunner Moffat.

"Normally you're just reading in front of a camera, but with this, it was so physical," recalled the actress. "We were using props and running around so it felt like playing - and like a partnership straight away."

Current companions Karen Gillan (Amy Pond) and Arthur Darvill (Rory Williams) will both exit the sci-fi drama in late 2012. Their final episode will be shot in New York and feature the monstrous Weeping Angels.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:55 pm

Found on a website which posts funny office notices that have been "added" to. :mrgreen:

Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby spideyGirl » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:40 pm

:lol: For those Who need to do a number two of course :lol:
spideyGirl

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:58 pm

The people at College Humour have produced a spoof gameplay video Doctor Who on the NES (that's the Nintendo Entertainment System for those of you over/under a certain age).

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6749695/dr-who-rpg

Bouncy Castle

Postby Ash » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:59 pm

Im a bit disappointed that the series is been split again, I was hoping it would get shown in the more traditional format this year. Weighing in on the favourite Dr part of this thread I am a fan of Matt Smith's portrayal. For me he has certainly been the most fun since the reboot, he seems to have managed to capture the age of the Dr really well. Though everyone I have spoken to either loves or hates him.

This series I am looking forward to the return of the Daleks and for me it will be a shame to lose Amy and Rory as the Drs companions, they have been good fun to watch and Rory came into his own last series. On my wish list for this series, I would like to see the return of the Ice Warriors! Not the greatest villains from the past but since they have done such a good job rebooting the other ones, I would be interested to see what they would do with these.
Ash

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:49 am

Robert Glenister regrets appearing in Doctor Who.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/docto ... -role.html

Bouncy Castle

Postby The Mad Collector » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:01 pm

Quatermass wrote:
Bouncy Castle wrote:I couldn't remember where you lived, but at least I didn't say NZ! :mrgreen:

But, but, but, can weeping angels travel over water? Hmm?

Look, if one can replicate itself through a frakking TV screen, or cause a lightbulb to go kablooey, then I think it's safe to say that water can't stop them. Hell, it might be that they don't have to travel over water. They can probably travel under it.

Yes like the golems in Making Money, it's just a matter of walking about 11,000 miles no problem for a weeping angel and they seem pretty quick when nobody is watching :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Quatermass » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:31 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Robert Glenister regrets appearing in Doctor Who.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/docto ... -role.html

But he played an excellent role in an excellent story, especially as the human Salateen. :?
All you need to understand
Is everything you know is wrong!

-Weird Al Yankovic
Quatermass

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:53 am

As someone on the BBC boards said "He's too far up his own arse".

:mrgreen:

Oh, and for anyone on Twitter - Karen Gillan has joined.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:46 am

Thanks Bouncy I will have a look at what the gorgeous redhead is saying. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:58 am

@karengillan2 has nearly 50,000 followers already!

Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:57 pm

But has not tweeted yet.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:56 pm

John Simm has denied that he will be returning to Doctor Who.

The actor addressed rumours that he'd be reprising his role of The Master after his name appeared on IMDb's cast list for upcoming Doctor Who episodes.

"In reply to many, regardless of what it says on imdb, No i'm not returning to Dr Who. Got absolutely no plans to do so #hopethatclearsitup," Simm tweeted on Monday (April 23).

Simm first appeared as The Doctor's mortal enemy in the three-part third series finale, later returning for David Tennant's final episodes in 2010.

He spoke of an interest in returning to Doctor Who last summer, when he told The One Show: "I haven't spoke to anyone about it, but I would definitely consider it [if asked]. It was such fun to do."

Sherlock actor Benedict Cumberbatch has recently been linked to the role of The Master, but current Doctor Matt Smith dismissed those rumours in February.

"I know Ben and I've not heard anything about it. But he's a wonderful actor and a mate," Smith commented.

Torchwood star John Barrowman recently revealed that he shared his desire to return to Doctor Who in a chat with Smitth, adding that showrunner Steven Moffat "thought it would be a great idea".

Doctor Who will return to BBC One and BBC America in the autumn.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed May 09, 2012 1:04 pm

http://flavorwire.com/287898/watch-flop ... -who-theme

Listen to the Doctor Who theme, as performed by floppy drives.

Bouncy Castle

Postby author3 » Wed May 09, 2012 5:35 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:http://flavorwire.com/287898/watch-floppy-drives-perform-the-doctor-who-theme

Listen to the Doctor Who theme, as performed by floppy drives.

That is so cool 8-) :D :lol:
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre