Game of Thrones trailers

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Game of Thrones trailers

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:09 pm

Renly was in Season 1. This is him ;)

There are 2 surviving Baratheon brothers
Spoiler: show
for now :twisted:

Stannis and Renly and both lay claim to the Iron throne ;)
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:00 pm

Ah yes - that's the one I knew I'd seen already (perving with the Flowery Knight :lol: ) but there was someone who looked like him in the bit where Stannis was dictating his 'I'm coming to claim my rightful Throne' letter - maybe that's another rellie then? :roll:

Anyhoo - everyone wants to be King of somewhere so it's not too hard to follow :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Penfold » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:25 pm

I've only just started watching this from series one and am only up to the fourth episode. So far, I'm really enjoying it with most of the acting and script being of a good standard. :D One thing I am a bit uncomfortable with, however, is the very strong language used around (and by) the kids (including a very unpleasant four letter name for a "twinkle"). :?
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby spideyGirl » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:32 pm

Sjoerd3000 wrote:Just watched the first episode. Pace was a bit slow and I could imagine some of it could be a bit confusing for someone who hasn't read the books.

But I'm glad it's back! :D

Phew! Thought I was being a bit thick or had a very bad memory as I couldn't follow some of it at all! :D
spideyGirl

Postby Antiq » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Brienne!!!! :D One of my favourite characters. Really well cast.
http://film-book.com/wp-content/uploads ... nes-01.jpg
Gwendoline Christie is 6' 3"!

Just watched episode 3 of this season. Squeeee! Won't spoil anything for anyone, but I'm really enjoying it.
Carpe Jugulum
Antiq

Postby pip » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:58 am

Only watched episode one but i have the second and third so i'll probably watch tomorrow :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:36 am

Watched the third episode yesterday. Thought it was a lot better than the first 2 :dance:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby BatrickPatrick » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:13 pm

I wish I had a dire wolf to protect me from the dangers of the world, that's all I can say
Fus Ro Dah!
BatrickPatrick

Postby jessicat » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:21 pm

i have been wathcing this series eversince my brother introduced it to me. at first i though it was something that i would not be interested in but i did watch a few episodes ust to give credit to my brothers nonstop persuation bu then to my surprise! i actually kept watching it until now! i am catching up on some episodes still though as i have missed a lot but it is really a good one and it is something that i recommend for my friends especially to guys
jessicat

Postby raisindot » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:30 pm

Antiq wrote:Brienne!!!! :D One of my favourite characters. Really well cast.
http://film-book.com/wp-content/uploads ... nes-01.jpg
Gwendoline Christie is 6' 3"!

Agree with you. I was afraid they were going to case someone who looked as ugly as Brienne seemed to be described in the book, but Christie, while no great beauty (at least here), is a much more pleasant looking Brienne.
raisindot

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:40 pm

Just watched the 4th episode. Remember Conan Stevens who played Gregor Clegane aka the Mountain that rides last season?

The Mountain returns in the 4th episode but he's now played by a different actor, who Is quite tall (Charles Dance looked small next to him, yes Tywin also returns :P ), but not as imposing. I know it's just a small role, but still....it bugged me :P

Other than that I thought it was quite good :P
Sjoerd3000

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:46 pm

I was searching the internet and found this, the guy behind Charles Dance is the new Mountain
Sjoerd3000

Postby MongoGutman » Tue May 22, 2012 7:19 pm

AS far as I'm concerned GoT is the best show on telly atmo. And isn't the dwarf good? In terms of acting ability (with the exception of Charles Dance) he stands head and shoulders above the rest of the cast.
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

Postby raisindot » Wed May 23, 2012 3:36 pm

Some of the fanboy contingent are complaining about how parts of Season 2 deviate from the narrative in the books, particularly the Arya and Daenys plotlines. Personally, I think that most of these changes are for the better, since one of Martin's literary flaws is narrative incongruity and illogical character motivations and actions. As long as he keeps the main plot points moving forward, the little changes are fine with me.

Season 2 will probably just finish book 2. Now, if the producers don't pander to commercial concerns and instead leave the important set pieces from Book 3 as they are, Season 3 could be the best one of all. Everything that happens in the books after it pales by comparison.
raisindot

Postby Antiq » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:48 am

Well, another season over :violin:
Loved the last episode, the Walkers were amazing!!
Carpe Jugulum
Antiq

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre