For kindle and ebook owners

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: For kindle and ebook owners

Postby spideyGirl » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:58 am

Bout time :D
spideyGirl

Postby author3 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:49 am

I got my Kindle on Wednesday.It's really cool.I'm allowed to buy books once a month so for this month I bought 7 books :D
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby author3 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:40 am

I just have one question.When I was buying the books I was buying the books from Amazon.com which is where my Kindle directed me to,but is there any way for me to change it so that I'm buying from Amazon.co.uk?
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby spideyGirl » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:33 pm

You can go to that website first, login and then buy your books through the website and they send it to your Kindle as a download. :D
spideyGirl

Postby author3 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:29 pm

spideyGirl wrote:You can go to that website first, login and then buy your books through the website and they send it to your Kindle as a download. :D

yes I know that but how do I get to Amazon.co.uk.I have the Kindle 4 by the way in case this helps.
author3

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:01 pm

author3 wrote:
spideyGirl wrote:You can go to that website first, login and then buy your books through the website and they send it to your Kindle as a download. :D

yes I know that but how do I get to Amazon.co.uk.I have the Kindle 4 by the way in case this helps.

I would suggest you Google Amazon.co.uk and then bookmark it once you get there.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:06 pm

if you cant just go to the dot com amazon and on the homepage scroll right to the bottom and you can chose which country you wish to shop in
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby author3 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:58 pm

chris.ph wrote:if you cant just go to the dot com amazon and on the homepage scroll right to the bottom and you can chose which country you wish to shop in

Thanks,I'll try that the next time I order :D
author3

Postby author3 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:40 pm

chris.ph wrote:if you cant just go to the dot com amazon and on the homepage scroll right to the bottom and you can chose which country you wish to shop in

I couldn't find that either,I'll just keep buying from America,hopefully the books will eventually become cheaper. :pray:
author3

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:42 pm

Author this is the bottom of the Amazon.com page, the listing of countries under the Amazon.com logo UK is on the end just click on it and it takes you to the site.

Amazon.com
Canada China France Germany Italy Japan Spain United Kingdom
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby author3 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:00 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Author this is the bottom of the Amazon.com page, the listing of countries under the Amazon.com logo UK is on the end just click on it and it takes you to the site.

Amazon.com
Canada China France Germany Italy Japan Spain United Kingdom

Thanks,I'll do that the next time I order :D
author3

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:52 am

Don't forget to keep your WiFi switched off, to preserve battery life.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby author3 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:18 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:Don't forget to keep your WiFi switched off, to preserve battery life.

Of course,I only use WiFi for buying the books. :D
author3

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:52 pm

He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:52 am

To be honest, the books I've bought for my Kindle are usually priced a few pence cheaper than you would pay for a paperback.

Having said that, since there's no paper, postage, or packing involved, they should really be a bit cheaper.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Discworld books