Sir Terry on Museum of Curiosity

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Sir Terry on Museum of Curiosity

Postby LilMaibe » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:21 pm

(in i-am-almost-certain-vain hopes noone has posted this before)
Click Here
Prepare to have your synapses twisted into a string theorist's nightmare, as Professor Lloyd and his new curator, the startlingly insightful comedian Jon Richardson, hurriedly throw the dust covers off the Museum's clump of empty plinths for a brand new series of the BBC's most improving comedy panel show.

This week, fantasy novelist Sir Terry Pratchett offers them a Secret And Personal Extra Day Of The Week; cosmologist and author Marcus Chown donates a bizarre but plausible scientific theory of the afterlife known as the Enigma Point; and Shappi Khorsandi has somehow finds herself in a position to offer none other than Charlie Chaplin.
LilMaibe

Re: Sir Terry on Museum of Curiosity

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:26 pm

Ooo! :D I like Shappi thingie as well. Will have a listen tomorrow ;) ;)
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Ash » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:48 pm

Good show, it was very funny! Thanks for posting the link.
Ash

Postby Penfold » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:01 am

I was there for the recording so I caught the edited out stuff as well. :D I managed to meet Rob before the show (it was him who sorted my invite) and was invited to stay behind afterwards for after show drinkies. :D :D Unfortunately, it was already cutting it a bit fine to catch my last train back to Worthing (the recording was in North London) so I had to decline. :cry: In hindsight I should have just checked into a hotel and made the most of the opportunity. :cry: :cry:

It was a great show,btw, and well worth listening to even if much of the banter between Sir Terry and Marcus Chown on the science of quantum physics sailed miles over my head! :lol:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:08 pm

Yes Rob is a good guy like that. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Return to Terry Pratchett