Divergent

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Divergent

Postby Tris » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:14 pm

Has anyone read Divergent by Veronica Roth? I can't wait for Insurgent to be released!!! If you haven't read Divergent, you can read the first 100 pages on the publishers' website here:

http://browseinside.harperteen.com/index.aspx?isbn13=9780062024022
Tris

Re: Divergent

Postby author3 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:43 pm

I've been thinking about reading it for a long time but I'm not too certain anymore.I'm not really interested in dystopian novels.
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby Tris » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:27 pm

Have you read The Hunger Games? Or Matched by Ally Condie? I'm not interested much in dystopian books either, but some are pretty great.
Description of DIVERGENT:
"In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue—Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is—she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.

During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles to determine who her friends really are—and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes infuriating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers a growing conflict that threatens to unravel her seemingly perfect society, she also learns that her secret might help her save those she loves… or it might destroy her."
Tris

Postby author3 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:27 pm

Yes I have read The Hunger Games and enjoyed it,but I'm not very interested in continuing to buy and read dystopian novels but if I find this book for a cheap price I'll buy it.
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby Tris » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:20 pm

Don't you go to a library???
Tris

Postby author3 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:38 pm

No I have a fear of libraries.
author3

Postby pip » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:58 pm

Irish libraries out in the country suck as well
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Tris » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:41 pm

You live in Ireland?
Bibliophobia- fear of books. I don't know what a fear of libraries is called.
Tris

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:42 pm

Both Pip and Author3 are in the ROI.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby author3 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:45 pm

Tris wrote:You live in Ireland?
Bibliophobia- fear of books. I don't know what a fear of libraries is called.

No it's not really the libraries that I'm afraid of,it's that when you give the book back you have no idea what condition it could end up in,which makes me sad and so I try and stay away from them.I also hate giving the books back ;)
author3

Postby Tris » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:51 pm

I can understand that. But my library keeps the books in good conditions, so I'm okay with it. :)
Tris

Postby author3 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:50 pm

I bought it yesterday on my Kindle I'll read soon(hopefully).
author3

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:55 pm

Oooh. How you getting on with the Kindle, Author?

You like it?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby author3 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:45 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:Oooh. How you getting on with the Kindle, Author?

You like it?

It's so amazing.I already own seven books they're all great.
author3

Postby author3 » Tue May 01, 2012 6:42 pm

Insurgent came out today.I started it this morning in school and now I'm finished it :cry: Tris have you read it yet?if you haven't
you must as soon a possible.

IT'S SUCH A GOOD BOOK :D
author3

Next

Return to Children's Books