The Big Bang Theory

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: The Big Bang Theory

Postby author3 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:03 pm

Okay today I watched the second and third episodes of season one and I can clearly see that the humour and characters are definitely getting better.I've also come to the decision that so far Howard is my least favourite character and Sheldon is my favourite although he is a little creepy. :)

On Friday I'll be watching episode 4 and maybe episode 5
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby spideyGirl » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:19 pm

I love the Big Bang Theory, tho I think my temp crush on Sheldon has eased off now :oops: . I think we started watching it in series 2 so it was quite good to go back and watch it from the start with lots of 'oh I see, that's where that comes from' moments :D

Amy Fowler - so funny :lol:

Anyone else think that Leonard looks like a geeky Bono and Raj looks like a certain other scientist... Prof Brian Cox..look...
spideyGirl

Postby BobtheDrog » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:41 am

the brian cox one is pretty spot on, less sure about Bono
BobtheDrog

Postby pip » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:52 am

BobtheDrog wrote:the brian cox one is pretty spot on, less sure about Bono

True Leonard is much less of a nerd than Bono :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby BobtheDrog » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:04 pm

and a lot less annoying (attempting to quell anti bono rant)
BobtheDrog

Postby Sister Jennifer » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:50 am

pip wrote:
BobtheDrog wrote:the brian cox one is pretty spot on, less sure about Bono

True Leonard is much less of a nerd than Bono :D

And Leonard is taller.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby BobtheDrog » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:17 pm

and pays taxes to the country he lives in
BobtheDrog

Postby Del » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:28 pm

BobtheDrog wrote:and a lot less annoying (attempting to quell anti bono rant)

Whats the difference between Bono and Jesus?

Jesus doesn't think he's Bono. :lol:

Amy Fowler (Sheldon's "a friend who is a girl; not a girlfriend") is played by Malik Bialik, a very interesting person.

Bialik's character is a neurobiologist, which corresponds to Bialik's real-life educational pursuits, as described below.
Prior to her joining the cast in the episode "The Bat Jar Conjecture," Raj suggests recruiting the real-life Bialik to their Physics Bowl team, saying "You know who’s apparently very smart, is the girl who played TV’s Blossom. She got a PhD in neuroscience or something."

On March 6, 2012, her book, "Beyond the Sling: A Real-Life Guide to Raising Confident, Loving Children the Attachment Parenting Way" was released.

Personal life

Hayim Nahman Bialik, Israel's national poet, was Mayim Bialik's great-great-grandfather's uncle.

Bialik attended Walter Reed Junior High School in North Hollywood, CA, located in the San Fernando Valley. At the end of Blossom, she chose to attend UCLA, although she also had been accepted to both Harvard and Yale. She stated that she wanted to stay close to her parents and did not want to move to the East Coast. She earned a bachelor's degree in 2000 in neuroscience, Hebrew, and Jewish studies, and went on to the PhD program in neuroscience.
She took a break from studies in 2005 to return to acting. Bialik completed her PhD in 2008. Her dissertation was an investigation of Prader-Willi syndrome.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby spideyGirl » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Prader what syndrome??? :lol:

Is that about guys who buy handbags or girls who buy handbags because they don't have a guy in their life? :think: :P
spideyGirl

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:12 pm

It's about people with a disease that means they can't tell when their stomach is full, and they just eat, and eat, and eat.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby author3 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:16 pm

I sadly won't be able to watch episode 4 today or tomorrow so I'll watch them on Sunday :D
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby Del » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:21 pm

spideyGirl wrote:Prader what syndrome??? :lol:

Is that about guys who buy handbags or girls who buy handbags because they don't have a guy in their life? :think: :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bouncy wrote:It's about people with a disease that means they can't tell when their stomach is full, and they just eat, and eat, and eat.

Yeah. I am a dedicated "clicker". Get totally sidetracked while looking for ONE thing. :roll: Ended up reading that whole thing about the Prader-Willi syndrome.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby ghostsecurity28 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:23 am

Completely love the big bang theory I am sure its made me more proud to be a geek [inside anyhow]
Sheldon is completely my fave character though I love leonard :)
And in Heather's case, there were sometimes Third Thoughts and Fourth Thoughts, although these were quite difficult to manage and sometimes led her to walk into doors
ghostsecurity28

Postby Antiq » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:53 pm

ghostsecurity28 wrote:Completely love the big bang theory I am sure its made me more proud to be a geek [inside anyhow]
Sheldon is completely my fave character though I love leonard :)

Me too, I adore Sheldon :D I would totally adopt him, quirks and all. I looooove the series.
Carpe Jugulum
Antiq

Postby Catch-up » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:38 pm

Sister Jennifer wrote:As long as I don't think too hard about the fact they are grown men I can watch it. The one with the Korean child genius is very funny. Also when Sheldon tries to fight Leonard using mind control is hilarious but sad because, is he being serious?? Sheldon is definitely a stand out. His relationship with his religious mother is well done. Whereas Howard and his mother, while I get the joke, is just disturbing.

Sheldon's mother is hysterical! And, I agree about Howard and his mom.

Haven't gotten to the episodes with Sheldon and his girlfriend yet, though I've heard they're great. Sheldon definitely makes me laugh the most. Still have a bit of a crush on Leonard. :oops:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre