Favourite one liners

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Favourite one liners

Postby CJDobs » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:29 pm

My favourite one liner is an intentional mis-quote by Paul Calf (Steve Coogan).

It's a bit sweary so turn away now if easily offended......

(Mr Calf tries to respond using his favourite Chuck Norris quote which goes something like 'You got shit on your shoes..and I'm the shoe shine king"....but in his innebriated state, all that comes out of his mouth is.....)

"you got shit shoes on, you shitty shoed bastard"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"If you put butter and salt on it, it tastes like salty butter. "
CJDobs

Postby raptornx01 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:40 pm

"See, I can turn into a car too" - Lisa Ortiz
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby MongoGutman » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:44 pm

"Logic is only the beginning of wisdom." ~ Spock, ST6

That blew my mind.
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

Postby Catch-up » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:11 am

CJDobs wrote:My favourite one liner is an intentional mis-quote by Paul Calf (Steve Coogan).

It's a bit sweary so turn away now if easily offended......

(Mr Calf tries to respond using his favourite Chuck Norris quote which goes something like 'You got shit on your shoes..and I'm the shoe shine king"....but in his innebriated state, all that comes out of his mouth is.....)

"you got shit shoes on, you shitty shoed bastard"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Haven't seen either one of those, but this still made me laugh!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby raptornx01 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Russell: (in an extremely sad monotone) This was her favorite candy bar. Because you sent her away, there's more for you.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Quatermass » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:52 am

You know, people make a fuss about the catchphrases of adversaries from science fiction. The Daleks have 'EX-TER-MIN-ATE!', and the Borg have 'You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.' But did the Cybermen have a catchphrase? Not exactly, but they had one of the best lines that could have been one. During the events of Doctor Who: The Tomb of the Cybermen, the villain, Klieg, has succeeded in reviving the Cybermen so that they can help his organisation conquer Earth. He makes an impassioned speech to the Cybercontroller demanding help. The Cybercontroller is impassive at first, before grabbing Klieg's arm, crushing it and flinging him to the floor. The Cybercontroller then says one of the most chilling lines ever delivered by an adversary in the series:

You belong to us. You shall be like us.

Here's the scene (low quality):

"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Sister Jennifer » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:58 am

^ Nice.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre