Postby Joolz » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:58 pm

I'm @R3pilot :D
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Re: Twittering

Postby chris.ph » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:03 pm

how did you get away with that name joolz :lol: :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Joolz » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:08 pm

Was difficult Apparently some strange GIRL has stolen my name to use on Twitter :shock: :shock: :lol:
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby meerkat » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Am I missing something there? I don't get it. :?:
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby DaveC » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:24 pm

Kin Arad wrote:Can I follow you? - I have joined the band of people who have no idea of what they are doing...

Of course. :) anyone can!
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Kin Arad » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:36 pm

Ok - I'm following you now, but it can't seem to make up its mind about how many people I'm following :think:
“Wouldn’t that unplug your heating pad?”
Kin Arad

Postby Jason » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:38 pm

I'm on twitter as @dwmoook
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby meerkat » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:39 pm

Kin Arad wrote:Ok - I'm following you now, but it can't seem to make up its mind about how many people I'm following :think:

On my page you are pending. Perhaps that is why. Will watch it!

@Jason. Better follow the guy with the big stick! :lol:
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Del » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:55 am

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the blind leading the blind :lol: :lol: :lol:

H has a twitter account. She got one to follow Justin Beiber :roll:

The teen is on tumbler thingie and she loves that.

I have facebook and I logged in for the first time in months today. It is good to see pics of the far flung nieces and family, and friends and to keep up with their news without invading their space. My oldest daughter sent me a recipe I have been wanting for aaaaaaaaaaaaaages.

When I do get on the puter its usually to come here if I can grab a night. Annoys me to have to do the whole email thing and stuff because its mainly work there. Always a lovely suprise when I get an email that isn't work. I mean SERIOUSLY!!!!! I hate it when friends (you know.. the ones who breath the same air as I do) contact me via the web when they can pop by or just PHONE! :roll:

Because dear gods.... EVERYONE knows you have to pick up your mobile just because it rings or they will ring five more times!!!!!

I love technology.... I really do.... I love technology. It has power to change lives. But if I don't answer my phone it is most probably because I can't, so leave a goddamn message and I will call back.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:33 am

I have twitter too but I don't use it much, I'm Sjoerd3000 :P
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby ghostsecurity28 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:39 am

I really don't get twitter I do try and have a go on it once and a while mine is @steampunkhlg
I have a fb account that all i do is update my status when I feel like it though I was a complete addict 3 years ago [then work banned our own laptops and fb is restricted access]
And in Heather's case, there were sometimes Third Thoughts and Fourth Thoughts, although these were quite difficult to manage and sometimes led her to walk into doors
ghostsecurity28

Postby raptornx01 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:28 am

Rise from the grave, RIIIISE!

Ok, couldn't think of a better place, *shrugs*

Been following this group of twitter role-players. i generally don't pay attention to them though cause it's usually just regular banter, and if they do do a plotline i use twitter so infrequently i only catch bits of it and can't follow (not to mention there far too many of them).

But i caught the tail end of this and went back and read the whole thing. one of the character was telling a group of kids a story, and I thought it kind of cute little children's story.

There was a time, many years ago, when the world only had one tree.

This was the World Tree, and everyone lived there. It was only right, who would want to live out in the open?

The rest of the world was ocean or plain, the wind whooshed upon it, the sun shone down hard, the nights were very cold.

So the animals of the world made homes in the great Tree.

One day a little bird came to live in the Tree. She wasn't very large, or a very strong flier. But she still wanted to live in the branches

She hopped up to the first branch. "Go away!" said the brown bear, who was living there. "This is my branch, no room for you."

The little bird didn't want to disturb him, so she flew a little higher to the next branch, where a great big leopard was lounging.

"This is my branch," threatened the leopard, showing her long teeth. "You can stay, but only for lunch."

The little bird didn't like the sound of that! She flew up to the next branch, where a family of squirrels had built their nest.

"No no no!" chittered mother squirrel, "I have enough mouths to feed, you cannot stay here!"

Up and up the little bird flew, but there was an animal on every branch, and none would share their home.

One branch had a pelican, who promised to gobble her up. Another branch had a falcon, who screeched at her.

Up, up, up, she went. It was night time by now, and all the animals were scared of the dark, but not so scared they'd share their home.

Finally, at the very top branch, there was a moth. A single moth. "Surely I can stay with you?" the little bird asked.

The moth shook her head "no," but at least had sympathy.

"I'm sorry, little bird, my branch is so tiny it can barely hold me. I'd let you stay if it could."

"Well, then I'll just have to find a higher branch," said the bird, and up she flew.

Oh how the animals laughed! Look at the silly bird, trying to find a branch higher than the treetop! Soon the little bird was out of sight.

Up, up she flew, into the dark night, up past the moon, which watched her with its great silver eye. Up past the other planets, too.

Finally, the little bird had flown as high as she could, and was on the sun!

"Are there any animals that live here?" she asked, calling out over the fiery surface of the sun.

"No, no one is here but me," replied the sun. "But you can't stay. I'm too hot."

The little bird had flown enough. "I can fly no higher. This is where I shall stay. If it's too hot, then I'll just have to get used to it."

And the bird made friends with the sun. She flew around him, delighting the little sunsparks who lived there.

She told the sun stories of the animals, of the world and its blue waters.

She even got used to the hot, hot sun. But she was lonely. The sun saw, and said, "Why don't you return to your home?"

It was true, the little bird had to go back home. She had to be with the other animals. So she hugged the sun and thanked him.

And down she flew, down past the planets, down past the moon with its great silver eye.

Down to the world. But you know something?

She had gotten so used to the sun, that she shared its glow!

Like a fire in the sky, she returned. And the little bird was...the first phoenix!

The moth saw her, and fell in love. To this day, moths try to follow flames everywhere.

And as the phoenix flew down the tree, her light pushed away the chill night air, and the animals all said, "I want her to live with me!"

"I want warmth and light in the dark. Stay with me!" said the squirrel.

"Stay with me!" said the pelican and the falcon.

"No, no, stay with me!" cried the bear and the leopard.

But the phoenix didn't need to stay in the World Tree any more. She had her own light. Off she went, carrying seeds.

And soon we had many forests, and room for all the animals.

So when you see a moth, remember, he's looking for the phoenix, so he can share in her light. And when you get lucky and see a phoenix?

Thank them for the trees. Now the animals aren't so crowded, and the world has lovely forests.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:58 pm

Well that must be a first for Twitter - something truly creative :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum