starting out with disc world, could really use some help! :)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:38 pm

endoscopies are a good punishment jan :evil: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:49 pm

:lol: *tuts* such obsessions with 'ends' - perhaps we'd better end this particular tangent and get back to quarrelling - sorry debating over which book's supposed to the best to start getting acquainted with Discworld :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:13 pm

My first toe-dip into the Ankh was Going Postal.

No wonder I was traumatised, and it took me a year to get up the courage to try again (from the beginning!!).

:lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:49 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:My first toe-dip into the Ankh was Going Postal.

No wonder I was traumatised, and it took me a year to get up the courage to try again (from the beginning!!).

:lol: Actually, I don't think it's too bad a place to start, but I can see what you mean. :lol:
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby chris.ph » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:48 pm

CoM was my first terry novel :) and i had caught up by reaperman which was the first hardback :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:53 pm

Tonyblack wrote:
Bouncy Castle wrote:My first toe-dip into the Ankh was Going Postal.

:lol: Actually, I don't think it's too bad a place to start, but I can see what you mean. :lol:

It took me ages to realise that I should just ignore reality and go with the flow.

I'm still concerned about Pin Collecting! :wink:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby perditax » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:20 am

I started with 3 rincewind books then onto thud then maskerade, just the order i'm able to find them in the library but they're surprisingly easy to pick up anywhere! I suppose reading discworld books involves a lot of putting aside of common sense and chronological order!
People who don't need people need people around to see that they don't need people
perditax

Previous

Return to Discworld novels