2013 WRITER OF THE YEAR- OPEN!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: 2013 WRITER OF THE YEAR- OPEN!

Postby pip » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:12 am

poohcarrot wrote:
stripy_tie wrote:I think I've got something for you Pooh, it's going to need a fair bit of tinkering though. I just can't get it to flow properly. In any case it'll be a nice guilt free distraction from a problematic chapter I'm working on.

I might even get into the habit of doing these drabbles, they're like sudoku for writers.

I love killer sudoku especially designing my own, somewhere on this forum there's a 12 sudoku's of Xmas I posted for Batty.

As for tinkering and being a writer, I'm not the latter, so don't have problems with the former. 8-)

BTW in your avi it says "Land of Sea and Granite." How can a land be a sea? :? :lol:

To go nerdy the Dothraki Sea in A Song Of Ice and Fire is land :dance: :dance:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:20 pm

...which also isn't Guernsey! :roll:

For the record, if you include any smileys or write in a different colour in your stories, it won't be posted. Black or Black only! :dance:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:37 pm

poohcarrot wrote:...which also isn't Guernsey! :roll:

For the record, if you include any smileys or write in a different colour in your stories, it won't be posted. Black or Black only! :dance:

The above comment about black only was a fib! I thought I'd have to put all the colour bits in myself, then realised if I clicked on "quote" I could get all the colour codes. :P

Just posted #31 (in colour) & 32
poohcarrot

Postby Batty » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:25 pm

poohcarrot wrote:Not really, coz land and sea are opposites. Something is either the land, or it's the sea. Tulip is not the opposite of land. :dance:

If you are being literal, then what about the Land of the Rising Sun?? Image

One of the drabbles mentioned that Scorpio is an animal of the Spider family. Really? Scorpio is a water sign.
If a scorpion is classed as an arachnid, then I've learned something! Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:34 pm

Batty wrote:
poohcarrot wrote:Not really, coz land and sea are opposites. Something is either the land, or it's the sea. Tulip is not the opposite of land. :dance:

If you assume Greenwich to be the centre for longitude and Japan is in the "Far East", then the sun rises in Japan. 8-)
poohcarrot

Postby Batty » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:07 pm

poohcarrot wrote:
Batty wrote:

If you assume Greenwich to be the centre for longitude and Japan is in the "Far East", then the sun rises in Japan. 8-)

Not really, coz land and the Sun are different. If something is the land, then it cannot be the Sun ... :whistle: ;)
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Batty wrote:
poohcarrot wrote:One of the drabbles mentioned that Scorpio is an animal of the Spider family. Really? Scorpio is a water sign.

Definitely are arachnids and they do have 8 legs, as do ticks and mites who're also in the same class. It's thought that scorpions did evolve in the oceans (they do look similar to lobsters if you think about it ;) ) and are Arthrapods like them and crabs and, back in the fossil records, trilobites. They all have jointed legs in common with spiders who're obviously the most well-known archnids :ugeek:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby stripy_tie » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:42 pm

It's definitely a land of sea Pooh, some things go beyond logical inconsistencies.
It's all about the sun master, white snow and red blood and the sun. Always has been.
stripy_tie

Postby meerkat » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:17 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:
Batty wrote:
poohcarrot wrote:One of the drabbles mentioned that Scorpio is an animal of the Spider family. Really? Scorpio is a water sign.

Definitely are arachnids and they do have 8 legs, as do ticks and mites who're also in the same class. It's thought that scorpions did evolve in the oceans (they do look similar to lobsters if you think about it ;) ) and are Arthrapods like them and crabs and, back in the fossil records, trilobites. They all have jointed legs in common with spiders who're obviously the most well-known archnids :ugeek:

You beat me to it, Jan! Yes, they are arachnidy are Scorpions! And they did begin in the sea! :D
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Batty » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:09 pm

meerkat wrote:
Jan Van Quirm wrote:Definitely are arachnids and they do have 8 legs, as do ticks and mites who're also in the same class. It's thought that scorpions did evolve in the oceans (they do look similar to lobsters if you think about it ;) ) and are Arthrapods like them and crabs and, back in the fossil records, trilobites. They all have jointed legs in common with spiders who're obviously the most well-known archnids :ugeek:

You beat me to it, Jan! Yes, they are arachnidy are Scorpions! And they did begin in the sea! :D

Is that why I enjoy playing Spider Solitaire?? :lol:
Batty

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:09 pm

Just posted #32 & 33
poohcarrot

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:40 pm

poohcarrot wrote:
Not really, coz land and sea are opposites. Something is either the land, or it's the sea. Tulip is not the opposite of land.

Batty wrote:
Not really, coz land and the Sun are different. If something is the land, then it cannot be the Sun ...

Not quite true Batty, the sun is made from paper, paper is made from tree's, tree's come from the land..... :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Batty » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:43 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:poohcarrot wrote:
Not really, coz land and sea are opposites. Something is either the land, or it's the sea. Tulip is not the opposite of land.

Batty wrote:
Not really, coz land and the Sun are different. If something is the land, then it cannot be the Sun ...

Not quite true Batty, the sun is made from paper, paper is made from tree's, tree's come from the land..... :lol:

I wish that I was scientific like you, Dug!! ;) :lol: :lol:
Batty

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:51 pm

poohcarrot wrote:Just posted #32 & 33

Isn't that 33 & 34? :whistle:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:35 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote:
poohcarrot wrote:Just posted #32 & 33

Isn't that 33 & 34? :whistle:

:o :o You evil, puppet-master mastermind, you :twisted: ! This whole getting me to post numbers plan was designed to catch me out. :twisted:
poohcarrot

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Discworld books