Doctor Who 2012 News and Rumours

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Doctor Who 2012 News and Rumours

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:26 am

The Who news is indeed coming thick and fast as filming on the sci-fi drama's seventh series continues! Last year, we had Mark Sheppard (Supernatural, Battlestar Galactica) as the show's big name guest star and this time round it's the time of Farscape and Stargate SG-1 star Ben Browder, who'll appear in a Wild West episode written by Being Human creator Toby Whithouse.

And it appears that those reports of the show filming in Spain were true - Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill have been spotted jetting into the land of the setting sun, which will apparently double for the plains of the Old West!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Re: Doctor Who 2012 News and Rumours

Postby DaveC » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:07 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:From: Digital Spy

The Who news is indeed coming thick and fast as filming on the sci-fi drama's seventh series continues! Last year, we had Mark Sheppard (Supernatural, Battlestar Galactica) as the show's big name guest star and this time round it's the time of Farscape and Stargate SG-1 star Ben Browder, who'll appear in a Wild West episode written by Being Human creator Toby Whithouse.

And it appears that those reports of the show filming in Spain were true - Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill have been spotted jetting into the land of the setting sun, which will apparently double for the plains of the Old West!

So more 'Paella Western' than 'Spaghetti Western'? :mrgreen:
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:13 pm

Actually, a lot of the Spaghetti Westerns were made in Spain, by Italian companies. I remember reading that the Italian director of one convinced the locals that he was making a Biblical epic so that they could film on Sundays. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Del » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:23 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wild west ep.

Cant wait. Mind you.... They could make an ep set in a supermarket and I would still be excited.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:30 pm

Or an episode set in Brisbane? :shock:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Del » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:13 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Or an episode set in Brisbane? :shock:

They could never set an episode in Brisbane...... or else they would have to write the storyline to include the sound of a womans constant whining screams of excitement in the background. :lol:
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby author3 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:45 pm

Oh no not another series with Matt Smith :cry: :x .I hate Matt Smith :x :evil: :twisted: :x :evil: :twisted: :x :evil: :twisted:
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:09 pm

Well, who else would it be, honey?

Bouncy Castle

Postby author3 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:17 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Well, who else would it be, honey?

I thought Doctor Who wouldn't return this year as it was getting really bad in the last 2 years :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:30 pm

Well I like Matt Smith. :) I like the way he manages to seem like a really young man who is incredibly old. And I like the way they have moved away from the eye candy type of guy from the last few incarnations. Doctor Who was never about that and having everyone fall madly in love with the last guy was just silly.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Quatermass » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:48 pm

I have to sort of agree with author3. Not quite about Matt Smith, who is a competent, if not actually stellar, Doctor, but about the declining quality of the show ever since Steven Moffat took over as showrunner. It's still perfectly watchable, but his scripts were on the whole much better when he wasn't showrunner.
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby Penfold » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:13 am

I sort of agree that several of the episodes were a bit hit and miss (although I still generally enjoyed them) but rather doing individual episodes, I wish they could go back to the old days of making one whole story last for four or more episodes (a bit like what they've done with the last two series of Torchwood). Some of the episodes felt a bit 'rushed' (sort of thing) to reach the finale and spreading the sory out should enable better pacing and scripting. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Quatermass » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:50 am

Penfold wrote:I sort of agree that several of the episodes were a bit hit and miss (although I still generally enjoyed them) but rather doing individual episodes, I wish they could go back to the old days of making one whole story last for four or more episodes (a bit like what they've done with the last two series of Torchwood). Some of the episodes felt a bit 'rushed' (sort of thing) to reach the finale and spreading the sory out should enable better pacing and scripting. :D

Agreed. Multi-episode serials were better. :think:
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby Catch-up » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:40 pm

I thought I wouldn't like Matt Smith, but I think he's doing a great job! Really entertaining to watch. Can't think of any Doctors that qualify as "eye candy" though. :?
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby chris.ph » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:36 pm

i can think of plenty of assistants tho :D :D leela mmmmmmmm
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Next

Return to TV, film, theatre