Alcatraz

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Alcatraz

Postby raptornx01 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:14 pm

So far Sam Neil is good, but shady. he knows more then he lets on, but i can't say that its in a bad way. But he's the one that gets the main chars involved.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby ghostsecurity28 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:16 pm

Definitely Shady I am starting to think the experiments performed by the doctors will be the cause of the mass disappearance poor prisoner 2002 I feel a little sorry for him .
And in Heather's case, there were sometimes Third Thoughts and Fourth Thoughts, although these were quite difficult to manage and sometimes led her to walk into doors
ghostsecurity28

Postby meerkat » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:26 pm

Cheers me dear! Might have a look.
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Conforumist » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:14 am

I watch episode 4 and half of 5 last night Then, I went up and read instead. I just find it boring.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby deldaisy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:43 pm

Have seen three episodes so far.... GOOD!

I loved Lost to start with but it just got sillier and sillier after a while and I gave up the day I saw an interview with the writers saying they had no idea where it was going either and that they made it up as they went along... hmmmmmm.

Sam Neil..... not sure about him yet. Very suspicious. I think they are just going through the motions at the moment... like a whos who of bad and evil villians and crimes. I must admit that the crims seem to fit in very very easily to the worlds new technology considering they disappeared in 1963. I am wondering if that is part of the story.... perhaps they have been "briefed".
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Batty » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:37 pm

deldaisy wrote:I must admit that the crims seem to fit in very very easily to the worlds new technology considering they disappeared in 1963. I am wondering if that is part of the story.... perhaps they have been "briefed".

I have only seen the trailers for this programme, but that is one of the questions that immediately struck me.
Not having seen the programme, I do not know if the prisoners have been living somewhere else (without aging) or if they have reappeared within (to them) minutes of disappearing.

In which case they will not have the foggiest notion of of how to use any new technology or even how to operate ATM's and machines that we take for granted today.
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby raptornx01 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:03 pm

deldaisy wrote: I must admit that the crims seem to fit in very very easily to the worlds new technology considering they disappeared in 1963. I am wondering if that is part of the story.... perhaps they have been "briefed".

was one of those eps the first one? the guy in that one woke up with a ticket off the island in his pocket and other items. and didn't seemed shocked at being in the future (none of them have). its clear they were taken and are being brought back for a purpose (targeting certain people possibly). but it seems they almost been conditioned to not remember. a couple of them seemed confused (or even a little in pain) that they couldn't remember.

also, its weird that as soon as they come back that start up again doing the things that got them sent to Alcatraz in the first place.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby deldaisy » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:54 am

Totaly agree....

They "fit the type" far too easily and quickly.
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby ghostsecurity28 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:27 pm

definitely odd they all get sent back and they all start off doing the same stuff they were sent down for except the guard guy hastings he took a different root.
And in Heather's case, there were sometimes Third Thoughts and Fourth Thoughts, although these were quite difficult to manage and sometimes led her to walk into doors
ghostsecurity28

Postby deldaisy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:23 pm

And yet the last ep I saw, the girl gets out of trouble while she is driving and being abducted at knifepoint by crashing the car while driving (she was buckled in, he wasnt).... she makes the point that seatbelts werent in cars in 1963...... so is that supposed to be something we take for granted? Buckling up as muscle memory when we get in a car? Something they may have learnt about but not got used to doing automaticaly? But its an American show... they dont always buckle up like us Aussies or English.... and what the hell happened to the air bags in that late model car?
deldaisy

Postby raptornx01 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:37 am

ah, i guess that answers it.

Spoiler: show
it appears it isn't just coincidence they come back and start killing again. i thought as much.
raptornx01

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:17 pm

Alcatraz scoop please! — Jesse

Spoiler: show
NATALIE: Bloodletting, shmoodletting. Dr. Beauregard is about to take Lucille's shock therapy methods to new heights! Pity the '63s — yes, really. We'll also learn why a certain chatty inmate we saw in a previous episode hasn't reappeared in present day.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:41 am

From what I'm reading round about the Net, it is not looking good for renewal.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby raptornx01 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:36 pm

Typical, i've already lost Terra Nova this season :evil: they are trying to shop it out to other networks, but they always do that and it usually never works.

Grimm and misfits are the only shows currently running that i've gotten into that i know are getting another season. still waiting on Revenge and Once Upon A Time.
raptornx01

Postby ghostsecurity28 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:03 pm

Watched the finale and slightly disappointed on how it ended Thats why I think it won't be up for renewal but I enjoyed the series thoroughly.
Disappointed that terra nova is going I liked it , Roll on true blood /dexter / american horror story and the walking dead back in the autumn [true blood is in summer]
ghostsecurity28

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre