THE CARROTS "LIVE"

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: THE CARROTS "LIVE" TO BE CONTINUED.....

Postby meerkat » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:10 pm

Well done Sjoerd and Crys! Excellent. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:41 pm

poohcarrot wrote:All that voting and it ends in a dead heat. :dance: :dance:

I will post the actual voting figures just as soon as I find them, but for some inexplicable reason they appear to have vanished - how bizarre! :liar: :liar: :whistle: :whistle:

:o a Golden Carrot ... to me...
I'm really on the podium with Sjoerd? :dance: I'm a happy crys now :D
Don't try too hard to find those figures Pooh, I feel the only one who might have something to say about it is Sjoerd, but since he's a gentleman ( :P ) he won't, so very selfishly I take my precious Golden Carrot home with happiness ^__^ :D :D

When I entered all my stories I never thought any of them would have made it any far, I just liked to play, and now I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who voted, everyone who played, everyone who wrote beautiful stories that I enjoyed and will keep with me as soon as Jan as completed the collection she promised ( :D thanks Jan, and yes, I knew those names might have been a big clue for someone that it was my story). It was my favourite story of mine, the others: I wrote 100° universal anniversary when I was looking for something to write about and was watching picture of a lot of universal films, Politics when I was feeling angry (the bat-house story is true,not invented), Live for living when I was feeling low and was trying to keep me up, and the chocolate one when I was in abstinence and couldn't think of anything else other than chocolates! so just forget it even existed, I wasn't on my right mind :lol:
:banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:
:happy :happy :sooo-happy
:banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby MongoGutman » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:54 pm

Congratulations Crys and Sjoerd
:greetings-clappingorange: :greetings-clappingyellow: :greetings-clappingorange: :greetings-clappingyellow: :greetings-clappingorange:
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

Postby michelanCello » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:39 pm

Congratulations Crys (Hard decisions was maybe my absolute favorite since the very begining) and Sjoerd! :D

And thanks for the Carrot, Pooh ;) Next year, same time, same place? :P
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Batty » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:26 pm

Well Done, Crys and Sjoerd! Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby SimStars13 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:12 pm

Congrats Sjored and Chrys! You deserved it :)
"Martin! I thought we sold you"

DFTBA
SimStars13

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:19 pm

I've won a Golden Carrot? You know ever since I was a little boy I dreamed of winning a Golden Carrot, and today that dream comes true!
I would like to thank my mother,my father, my sister, my granny, my girlfriend and my dog. This wouldn't have been possible without their support!
Further I would like to thank Pooh for making this competition possible and everyone who voted for me! Thank you! :bow-blue:

I would like to congratulate Crys for winning the Golden Carrot too and all other Carrot winners. Congratulations! :text-bravo:

I never thought one of my stories would make it to the final, considering most of the other stories were much better (except Pip's baby :lol: ) And I was certainly suprised that Slayer made it to the final, as I thought the Fourth Crusade was the better story (I also wrote the Minotaur).

Again a big thank you to all who voted for me!!!!!! :text-thankyoublue: :text-thankyouyellow: And hopefully I see you all again at the Carrots next year!
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby stripy_tie » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:45 pm

Congratulations Crys and Sjoerd, very well deserved. :D :clap:
It's all about the sun master, white snow and red blood and the sun. Always has been.
stripy_tie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:48 pm

The Souvenir Edition of the Forum Writer of 2012 Competition is being finalised as I write and will appear for download on this thread some time tomorrow with luck :D

:dance: :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: - Congos once again to all the writers but especially the 'Big Carrot' winners :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Willem » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:58 pm

Well done and well deserved Crys and Sjoerd!
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:57 pm

Well done Sjoerd and Crys! happy carrots to you both. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:04 am

CrysaniaMajere wrote: Politics when I was feeling angry (the bat-house story is true,not invented),

:shock: :shock: :shock: I thought the bat-house was a spelling mistake. I thought it should have been bath-house!! :o :o

You were inches away from winning the Best worst line Crys! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And regarding prizes, if you had read the main thread, you'd have seen that I've got 3 copies of Drabble Double Century, which I'll deface with the winners stories and Crys can also receive my scoring notes (on 3 pieces of tatty pink A4 paper) - mind you, you might have difficulty reading them coz they was only written for my consumption. 8-) 8-)
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Penfold » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:06 am

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: WELL DONE CRYS AND SJOERD! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

And a big THANK YOU to Pooh and Jan for all your hard work which made the competition a success and so much fun! :clap: :clap: :clap: :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:35 am

Just for the record, I wrote the following;

Serious entries :dance: :dance:

Happy Snapper
School Project
1st Encounter - Which was an anti-textspeak story, hence the "Lingua Franca" in the title
Change the world
The Internet - which i thought was bloody good, but was entered too late so even I couldn't vote for it. :roll:
X-ray eyes

Silly entries written for a laugh which had no chance of qualifying

AEIOU
Newlyweds
Pip's Baby!!! :shock: :shock:
Shakespeare - the balcony scene in Romeo and Juliet
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby MongoGutman » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:28 am

I thought AEIOU was really clever
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Discworld books