Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 3

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 pm

That's great news! :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:06 pm

Thanks guys! Breathing a little easier now.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:24 pm

Yay! for the police :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:29 pm

I hope he goes down for a long time. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby raptornx01 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:19 pm

grrr i hate inspections. the maintenence here at my apartments does occasional inspections, they come in, look around, and leave. even if you aren't home, or sleeping. such an invasion of privacy. they don't even wait till you open the door. they knock once then immediately start opening. what if i was..... in the middle of something.....
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby meerkat » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:25 pm

Like what, Rap? Come on, I want to know now! :D ;)
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby spideyGirl » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:10 pm

:lol:

But yeh that is quite rude
spideyGirl

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:16 pm

Put a chain lock on when you go to bed that will stop them. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Dotsie » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:50 pm

raptornx01 wrote:grrr i hate inspections. the maintenence here at my apartments does occasional inspections, they come in, look around, and leave. even if you aren't home, or sleeping. such an invasion of privacy. they don't even wait till you open the door. they knock once then immediately start opening. what if i was..... in the middle of something.....

Is that legal? Here they have to give a monthe's notice, and even then they can't just walk in!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby raptornx01 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:32 am

meerkat wrote:Like what, Rap? Come on, I want to know now! :D ;)

What if i'm, cooking, stirring takes alot of concentration. :shifty:

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Put a chain lock on when you go to bed that will stop them. :)

Thought about that :lol:

Dotsie wrote:Is that legal? Here they have to give a monthe's notice, and even then they can't just walk in!

a month? HAH they'll leave a note saying they'll be doing it (and with pest control too, which they do the same thing), but i work overnight, so i'll find the note on the door as i'm leaving giving the date and it will always be for the next day.

and will say like, between 9am and 4pm. geez, its like waiting for the cable or UPS delivery guys.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby ChristianBecker » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:54 am

Ah... the land of the free!

I understand that this behaviour frustrates you. Can't imagine my landlord just turning up. Then again, me and my girlfriend have the only two keys to the flat, so they'll be bound to ring the bell.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby Del » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:03 pm

Well after a month of healing the ripped apart leg that H suffered last time she went bike riding at the local park, and with a week good skin growing over the wound, we went back to the park this afternoon; Ohhhhhhhh so exciting!

While at the park her foot slipped and she took a chunk off the back of her heel :roll: and as I didnt take my wallet we searched the car and managed to scrap up the $7 (!!!!) it cost to get some bandaids off the local service station 100 metres from the park. She gritted her teeth and kept on riding! Yay.

So on dusk.... I told her she could ride home! (Its a few blocks) OMG! Excitement! Only one very short part where I could not drive along beside her at a snails pace but hey ... a VERY short part!

Yep! She came a massive cropper! My heart was in my mouth as I zoomed ahead and parked in the school carpark and RAN back to scrap her off the pavement. Both knees bleeding, her screaming, me sitting on my bottom cuddling her and my car up the road with the keys still in it. Took her awhile to pull herself together. Both knees bleeding but nowhere like last time.. just little scrapes.

But she soldiered on and insisted on riding the rest of the way home. By this time it had suddenly got alot darker so I followed like some kind of personal lighting system with the lights on highbeam and the car moving at 5 klms/hour :D Thank goodness there was no traffic.

NOW she wants to ride the 500 metres to her school on Monday. I am tempted but sheesh, while following her I noticed she gets so distracted while she is riding that if she sees a dog she stares at it and has NO idea she is heading on a collision course with a telegraph pole!
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby spideyGirl » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:09 pm

What great perseverance, well done H! :D
spideyGirl

Postby Batty » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:49 pm

Get her to sit and ride on the giant spider!
Then you can control the speed and direction she goes in! :lol:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:52 pm

Del get some knee pads for H.
;)
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum