The Elder Scrolls V

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: The Elder Scrolls V

Postby Penfold » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:25 pm

Have you tried any of the mods through Steam Workshop yet?

I never bothered with them before as I wasn't too keen on some of the stuff on 'Nexus' and it seemed like a lot of faffing about for someone like me who doesn't know much about computers and installing/changing files. However, with Steam's versions just require one click and are automatically updated as they go along. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby raisindot » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:28 pm

I'm using the PS3 version. We don't need no stinkin' mods! Just a version that actually doesn't freeze every hour.

Also discovered that Skyrim's a PS3 killer. Mine had been working fine for four years (okay, I share it with my teenage son, who uses it exclusively for Call of Duty). Then I got Skyrim. It crashed the PS3 at least ten times in a month, until finally it died the yellow light of death. Had to get a whole new one because I had to disassemble the damn thing to get the stuck disk out of the blue ray player. Fortunately, I had done a complete backup last month, so I only lost 30 hours worth of progress.
raisindot

Postby author3 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:33 pm

raisindot wrote:I'm using the PS3 version. We don't need no stinkin' mods! Just a version that actually doesn't freeze every hour.

Also discovered that Skyrim's a PS3 killer. Mine had been working fine for four years (okay, I share it with my teenage son, who uses it exclusively for Call of Duty). Then I got Skyrim. It crashed the PS3 at least ten times in a month, until finally it died the yellow light of death. Had to get a whole new one because I had to disassemble the damn thing to get the stuck disk out of the blue ray player. Fortunately, I had done a complete backup last month, so I only lost 30 hours worth of progress.

I got the red ring of death once on my XBOX 360 and it was so complicated to fix.Skyrim works fine on the XBOX though.
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby Bickaxe » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:01 am

Not got any of the mods yet, some look very tempting and would definitely add more to the game without ruining it such as dragonbone/scale weapons and the house markers.
Currently having a second play through more as a High Elf stormcloak (yeah, i know) spellsword rather than my first Breton Imperial sneaky fighter. Making a point of sleeping 8 hours a night too which I haven't done before.

A friend had his PS3 die on him, he played a lot of Skyrim, not sure if they are connected. Have the 360 version here too and only a couple of freezes so far. PC version is the best from what I've seen as errors can be fixed.
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Shawsy » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:19 pm

I still havnt finished Oblivion yet, but I have Skyrim sitting waiting, I wanted to try and get either the add ons for Oblivion, or the game of the year edition depending what works out the cheapest, I also wish I never got rid of my first XBox, Ive got another old type aswell as my 360 but when I sold it a few years back I included Morrowind, which Im finding hard to get a hold of (I have it on the PC) but I prefer XBox, I was stuck looking for the Ring in the mountains..
A Shaw Burnopfield UK
Shawsy

Postby Cohen » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:43 pm

Update 1.5 should be live hopefully this week http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1255755-game-updates/
"Sorrow comes from a world upturned"
Cohen

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:34 pm

I've restarted it from the beginning. Having more fun now ^_^
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Willem » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:24 pm

I've bought it last week, pretty impressive and engaging game! I've got a sneaking archer who's just learned how to shout :)
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby Cohen » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:41 pm

Going to be an announcement with regard to some Skyrim DLC next week: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news ... -week.html :D
Cohen

Postby Penfold » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:10 am

Just thought I would mention that someone has done a 'Luggage' mod on the Steam Workshop. Basically, it's just a normal treasure chest placed on Dwemmer 'legs' that follows you around and has near unlimited carrying capacity. Whether or not it was intentional on the part of the modder, many of the comments recognize the Terry Pratchett element to it and say it needs to be more aggressive. :lol:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Bickaxe » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:17 am

Will take a look later...it'll go well with my potential wizzard character I may create.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... earchtext=

Steam summer sale is taking up a lot of my time right now...
Fiendish til the en-
Bickaxe

Postby Cohen » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:06 pm

I thought that the Dawnguard DLC was pretty good. Has anyone else played it? And what do you think of it?
Cohen

Postby Bickaxe » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:13 pm

Not got it yet as too much to play at the moment. I did overdose in Skyrim when it was released so need to take some time off from it, might get it at Christmas if its in a Steam sale.
Fiendish til the en-
Bickaxe

Postby ShortStacked » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:02 pm

I'm waiting not-so-patiently for Dawnguard for the PS3. Though I will say, I'm enjoying the crap out of the mounted combat the latest patch enabled! Note: dismount for dragons or you'll run through horses like crazy!!
She's the type of girl that can be so hurt but can still look at you and smile
ShortStacked

Postby raisindot » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:32 pm

ShortStacked wrote:I'm waiting not-so-patiently for Dawnguard for the PS3. Though I will say, I'm enjoying the crap out of the mounted combat the latest patch enabled! Note: dismount for dragons or you'll run through horses like crazy!!

Might be a long wait, SS. We PS3ers are always last on the list.

I haven't download the latest update because I've heard it does some nasty things to certain quests I've haven't done yet.
Heck, I don't need no DLC--I'll settle for a bug-fix update that actually REMOVES all the 'repeat quests' that I can't do because the map shows the areas as "cleared" or lets me get rid of all the stupid things in my inventory I no longer need because the quests are done. And I don't use no stinkin' horses anymore because the stupid dragons keep killin' em all off.
raisindot

PreviousNext

Return to Games