Frustration Thread 3

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 3

Postby Batty » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:10 pm

Where is it then??????

.................... Only the parson's nose!!!! :lol: :lol:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby ghostsecurity28 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:59 am

grrrrrr cant log into my bt yahoo account on flickr had to add an extra photostream account
And in Heather's case, there were sometimes Third Thoughts and Fourth Thoughts, although these were quite difficult to manage and sometimes led her to walk into doors
ghostsecurity28

Postby Catch-up » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:31 pm

Fighting off panic attacks. Just got an email from the school district reporting that someone in a white van tried to pick up a girl that had gotten off alone at one of the bus stops. If they don't find this piece of _____, I'll be losing sleep for many nights to come.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby deldaisy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:42 pm

I hear you catch-up. I decided to let H try walking home a few months ago and at the last minute decided to go get her (we live SO close to the school.. maybe two blocks) and there were police everywhere checking for a car trying to pick up kids.

Its not just kids.

One of the girls at work (shes 25) got followed into the underground carpark in a shopping center last week and this guy came up and made lurid comments about her posterior. Thank gods another guy heard it and came over to see if she was okay and waited til she got into her car and called security. Turns out CCTV showed he had been following her for about two hours around the shopping center.
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:09 pm

:shock:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:07 pm

Catch-up wrote:Fighting off panic attacks. Just got an email from the school district reporting that someone in a white van tried to pick up a girl that had gotten off alone at one of the bus stops. If they don't find this piece of _____, I'll be losing sleep for many nights to come.

That's horrible! I hope they catch him very soon.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby ghostsecurity28 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:10 pm

awful stuff hope he gets caught nasty people around.
And in Heather's case, there were sometimes Third Thoughts and Fourth Thoughts, although these were quite difficult to manage and sometimes led her to walk into doors
ghostsecurity28

Postby Dotsie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:12 pm

Hope they catch him and feed him to the parents :evil:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Catch-up » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:29 pm

Thanks guys. I'm desperately trying to keep busy to keep my mind off it. I've done my work out, now I think I'll do some organizing. If I start thinking about it, I'll start panicking again. That and stuff my face with tons of food.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby deldaisy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:26 pm

At least you know about it catch-up.

Years ago I had one of the girls in a "very nice school" in a "very nice suburb". I saw police in the park that bordered the school one afternoon and asked at the office the next day what was up. "Nothing Nothing! I have no idea! I am sure its nothing!" None of the other parents knew either. So I went to the police. They were looking for a guy who had been leaning through in the school bushes taking pics of the pre-schoolers and ANOTHER different one who had tried to grab a kid out of the park. :o

So I went back to the office and told them and they were most insistent that if it wasnt on school grounds then it was not up to them to "alarm" the parents. :evil: I told some of the parents and they caused such a ruckus we finally got a notice in the school newsletter that parents should not let their children to play in the park as there had been an "incident" in the park and left alone children could get hurt in the playground. (it had a huge playground in it and alot of the parents (not me) used to let their kids play there til they picked them up after school) It made it out that perhaps one of the kids had fallen off a swing or something similar..... NOT predators!!!!
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby deldaisy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Heres something to frustrate you uplander Discworld enthusiasts....... :twisted:

ABC Australia is giving away "Going Postal" on DVD for anyone who sends in a pic of their science fiction collection and wins the comp.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/outland/competition/

Its only frustrating for me because I don't HAVE a science fiction collection :lol: :lol: :lol:

.....and no going on and on about how you already have it on DVD.... I mentioned it because this is the DW forum and the prize is a DW prize.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Q might have some stuff.... the books for one.
deldaisy

Postby Catch-up » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:18 pm

Yes, I am very grateful that the schools are on top of communicating this to the parents. The police are great about sending out email notices as well. Slightly less panicky today. Kept busy yesterday so I didn't eat everything in sight, or buy stuff. That's another thing I do when I'm anxious, shop.
Catch-up

Postby Catch-up » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:51 pm

The police got him!! So grateful to get that news.
Catch-up

Postby meerkat » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:56 pm

Result! Good! :clap:
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Batty » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:57 pm

That's a Relief! Good for them! :clap: :clap:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum