Frustration Thread 3

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 3

Postby Batty » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:11 pm

Last time your neighbours cut the grass for you. Any chance they'll help you again?? :think:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby deldaisy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:13 pm

Cant seem to catch him Batty.

But his mother came and mowed his last week when we had a sunny day. Hmmmm. He was mowing the yard for slabs of beer.... maybe hes gone on the wagon?

and ARRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! My internet keeps disconnecting every two minutes!!!!!!

By the way.....

Anyone else have Yahoo Mail on their mobile phone? All of a sudden I cant access my mail unless I agree to a new Yahoo app that wants ALL my mobile information. And when I read the reviews of the app every one was a scathing denouncement of how it closes or how it uses all the data allowance :o or is so slow or wastes the battery or wont close or wont give alerts or this or that... no one good comment for it.

I dont want to have to change my email account as I use it for business alot but sheesh...... no idea what to do.
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Batty » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:26 pm

Can't help you del, with the yahoo! problem.

My phone has google as the default IP. I really worry why google feels the need to collect every piece of information it can about you - AND your contacts - when I know that they are selling the information to marketing companies.

I try not to use the internet from my phone, or else use the wireless function to surf via my home computer, which although isn't wireless still allows the laptop and phone to use the IP signal.
I'm not technical (Can you tell) , but the guy in the shop who sold us the laptop told us that as long as the computer is turned on at the wall socket (the computer itself doesn't need to be switched on) then the wireless connection will work. And it does.
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby deldaisy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:02 pm

Yeah I try not to use the email on my phone BUT there has been the odd time on the way to a promotion when an email from the boss has the finer details about the job in an email...... UGH!

I only get 1G gigathingie on my phone and I dont want my yahoo turning on and using up all the download.
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Batty » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:11 pm

I have to make sure that the Packet Data is turned 'off', that the 'background date' is turned 'off' and the 'Back up my date' is turned 'off'. Otherwise google will charge me £1 per day just for turning on my phone!

Once I turn on the wireless function I can then turn everything else back on.

Life was much easier when people just used two cans tied together with string!! :lol:
Batty

Postby chris.ph » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:14 pm

bloody long pice of string to talk to del from where you are batty :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby deldaisy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:17 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: bit soggy that string too chris.....

OR...... The Gods forbide...... talked FACE TO FACE!!!!!

I was going down the highway last year with the kids in the car.... realised I had left my mobile at home and was running late for an appointment.... I said "I wonder if I should get off the highway and find a phone booth to call from?" They looked at me and asked "Whats a phone booth?" :roll:

I then tried telling them about the old days when people didnt have a phone on them 24/7 (or the internet).... how if they wanted to be contacted they had to BE AT HOME where the house phone was. How when you picked up the phone you didnt even know WHO was calling!!!! :o :o :o

Anyway... I couldnt have called because all the phone numbers were IN MY MOBILE!
deldaisy

Postby Batty » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:20 pm

That's where racing pigeons come in, chris! They carry the string can to the recipient, who places the response in the can, and the pigeon then returns to you!
You're not technically minded either, are you???? :ugeek: :lol:
Batty

Postby chris.ph » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:35 pm

how big are the bloody pgeons in east angular :shock: :shock: :shock:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Batty » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:43 pm

HUGE! You could get a good meal out of one of them!

Foul Old Ron could get one to last him a week!!! :lol:
Batty

Postby deldaisy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:46 pm

Batty releasing her pigeons for a conference call.....
deldaisy

Postby deldaisy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:53 pm

This rarely seen picture of Mr. Bernard Batty (an avid pigeon fancier, but a terrible judge of pigeon varieties) kept a few of his feathered friends in a coup down the back of the garden and passed his enthusiasm for his hobby on to his children. Following complaints of missing children from the neighbours in 1980, several members of the local Royal Society For Birds was called to investigate the family and were never heard of again.
deldaisy

Postby Batty » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:58 pm

deldaisy wrote:This rarely seen picture of Mr. Bernard Batty (an avid pigeon fancier, but a terrible judge of pigeon varieties) kept a few of his feathered friends in a coup down the back of the garden and passed his enthusiasm for his hobby on to his children. Following complaints of missing children from the neighbours in 1980, several members of the local Royal Society For Birds was called to investigate the family and were never heard of again.

That's nice! They must have all decided to go on holiday together ... pigeon fanciers are a strange breed!!!
:roll:
Batty

Postby deldaisy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:02 pm

Batty wrote:
deldaisy wrote:This rarely seen picture of Mr. Bernard Batty (an avid pigeon fancier, but a terrible judge of pigeon varieties) kept a few of his feathered friends in a coup down the back of the garden and passed his enthusiasm for his hobby on to his children. Following complaints of missing children from the neighbours in 1980, several members of the local Royal Society For Birds was called to investigate the family and were never heard of again.

That's nice! They must have all decided to go on holiday together ... pigeon fanciers are a strange breed!!!
:roll:

But they always come home......
deldaisy

Postby deldaisy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:08 pm

Unfortunately when Batty dispatched her "pigeon" to Del with her can and string attached..... her dear homing bird sadly never DID return home again........
deldaisy

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum