Monstrous Regiment Cardiff

Moderators: Tonyblack, Jason, Toothy

Re: Monstrous Regiment Cardiff

Postby Bickaxe » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Just found where this will be playing.... The friends that would make up our party of 7 or so live opposite. Thats like a whole load of awesome in just one bag!
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:18 pm

Let me know what day you are planning on going, Bickie. Hopefully we can arrange for chris to make it the same day. ;)
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby chris.ph » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:22 pm

yip no problem :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Bickaxe » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:44 pm

Friends have declared an interest, one of them already knew about it. Might be the friday evening if possible but won't know until nearer the time.
Fiendish til the en-
Bickaxe

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:21 pm

DaveC is in Bristol, isn't he? Surely he could pedal over the bridge? :D
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby DaveC » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:39 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:DaveC is in Bristol, isn't he? Surely he could pedal over the bridge? :D

It is possibility. :)
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:52 pm

Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby eskarina54 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:46 pm

Hey, check it out; we're now advertisied on the Venue website!

http://www.thegate.org.uk/2011/12/monst ... rday-only/

Its getting closer! :D
eskarina54

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:01 pm

:D Hey Amy! Best wishes for the opening tonight.

Chris.ph and I will be there on Friday - looking forward to it.
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby chris.ph » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:25 pm

and so am i :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby eskarina54 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:59 am

Thanks guys! It was a great success and I'm looking forward to you seeing it tomorrow!
eskarina54

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:01 am

Hi Amy!

Congratulations to you and everyone involved in the play. I really enjoyed it and I think chris.ph did too. Some great casting and real laugh-out-loud moments. I liked the minimal use of props and scenery the acting was good enough that elaborate scenery wasn't necessary. :D

I particularly enjoyed the performances by Polly, Blouse, Jackrum and Tonker, but I couldn't fault any of the cast. Otto was just perfect and that's how I'll imagine him when I read the books in future. :lol:

My only gripe had nothing to do with the production - it was the seating. Three hours sitting on a church pew was tough. :?

And it was really great to meet up with Chris. We met up in the coffee shop before the performance and had a chat. I've always found forum meet-ups interesting because, although you've never met the person before, after a very short time you 'know' who the person is from their online postings, it's just that now you've got a face to put to that online persona. I enjoyed meeting you Chris! :D
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Bickaxe » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:55 am

Had some friends there last night and they loved it. Do more is the general consensus :D
Fiendish til the en-
Bickaxe

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:20 am

Yes please! I'll bring a cushion next time. :lol:
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby chris.ph » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:05 pm

my arse still aches :cry: :lol: :lol: but as tony said i thoroughly enjoyed it, igor stole the show for me :lol: :lol: very good use of the theatre itself utilising all the doors as means of access to the stage, i agree with tony about otto he had him down to a tee :D my only criticism is that vimes was to posh, he was basically a street hardened thug until he met lady s so didnt talk with a plum in his mouth more of a pebble :D i thought the barmaid was a very buxom wench and very well cast in her rolr but thats just me being an old perv :roll: :roll: seargent jackrum was very good and had a good stage presence :D

it was really nice to meet tony after talking on here for 4yrs and he is right its like you know somebody but its a complete stranger sitting in front of you but it did only take a couple of minutes to get chatting just a shame it finished so late and we couldnt really continue the conversation as i had a long drive home after it finished. so all in all a very good evening other than us serving penance on those bloody pews :D :D :D :D
chris.ph

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre