Frustration Thread 3

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:07 pm

Time for a new thread. :D

You can find Frustration Thread 2 here.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 3

Postby Willem » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:38 pm

Catchup - I've seen these dolls in shop in Holland too. You might want to ask around on the forum a bit if you're looking for something special - we might be able to help you cheaper than the ebay-thugs :)
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:59 pm

Willem.

You had any book deliveries yet?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Willem » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:47 pm

Not yet, will let you know when they arrive. Will it fit through the mailslot?
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:11 pm

Doubtful, unless your mailslot is the size of Ankh-M. :mrgreen:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby chris.ph » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:40 pm

MMMMUUUSSSSTTTTTT behave myself after an opening like that :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :ugeek:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Catch-up » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Willem wrote:Catchup - I've seen these dolls in shop in Holland too. You might want to ask around on the forum a bit if you're looking for something special - we might be able to help you cheaper than the ebay-thugs :)

That's so sweet! The same offer to you guys too. I'm happy to look for stuff here and ship it over. The doll I've been trying to get her is Abby Bominable. She's in this cool outfit with big fuzzy boots. There's a beach version out now, so I could always get her that one at the store and try to buy her a similar outfit for it. Do you see what I mean though? She'd be happy with either one, and I'm trying to get the hard to find one. :? It's my own collecting sickness infecting this. :oops: However, on the upside, I did just sell something else on eBay for $45, so that helps make up for some of what I spent. :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby deldaisy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:18 pm

Catch-up wrote:Both great questions! I can't seem to get out of her why she did it, she may not really know herself. The bangs I get. They were in her eyes, bugging her, so she just fixed it. The eyelashes and eyebrows definitely give me pause. I don't know what that's about. She is kind of impulsive so it may have just seemed like a good idea at the time. One of the most frustrating things about being a parent is that you can come up with about a thousand explanations for things they do and just never know which, if any, are it.

Okay.... bit of clarity here.... H did this just a little while ago.... some of you may remember the post... the teacher who stopped me in the carpark and asked... "What kind of parent would shave a childs eyebrow off?... You dont KNOW about it? HOW could you not notice????".... whereupon I took the childs low slung hat off and :o saw for the first time her missing eyebrow.... :lol: :lol:

It was like this.... first she cut her fringe.... well part of it... why?.... because it was that ONE bit that kept coming out of her ponytail... damned annoying so she cut it off... Problem solved!

The missing eyebrow? The teen left her razor in the shower.... well she (H) had been told VERY loudly and OFTEN... "Never shave your legs or underarms by yourself.... if you HAVE to do it then ask me or the teen and we will help but NEVER do it yourself!!!"...... sooooooooooooooo... razor..... hair.... where is some hair... hmmmmm... not a good idea to shave my head... mum wasnt so impressed when I cut my fringe let alone SHAVE my head.... ohhhhhhhhh!!!!! AN EYEBROW!

Nothing deeply psychological.... just boredom and an available razor. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby deldaisy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:28 pm

You know whats really frustrating?

When you are trying to hide away and pretend the world doesnt exist in its present form or any form for that matter and some annoying do-gooder sends you Sarah Jane Adventures Series 5 in the mail stuffed in amongst all the bills in the mailbox and you HAVE to come on line to let her know you got them and the child is thrilled they arrived in time for the weekend she gets to spend at home with Mum so she CAN watch them and you know you have to come on line to let her know you got them and the child is in your ear for a day saying you have to come on line to say thank you (and of course I was coming on to say thank you) and to really press the point it has been raining for days on end and every moment the child puts on her London raincoat she makes YET another point that I have to come on line (I know! I know! I have four appointments today ... I will the moment I get home! Use your internet on the phone! I haven't been on for AGES.. I will when I get home!)

Bouncy..... the DVD's arrived :D We are thrilled. Thank you! You shouldn't have!

Bloody hell... I will be on here for ages now...... Dont you people have a life? Posting helter skelter..... will take me forever to catch up.
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:33 pm

:dance:

It's a box of Kleenex moment when you watch the DVD extra. Soo sad.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Catch-up » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:30 pm

That's ok Del, her teacher was the one who noticed that she cut her eyelashes first.

And, :lol: ! That was some thank you Bouncy got. :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby deldaisy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:38 pm

Its been raining non-stop for days now. Its still Summer here so the weather has been hot and humid with the rain, though thankfully the rain has cooled it down somewhat and its not such a big deal getting wet in it as its warm rain and cools you off.

The frustrating part is that it has been torrential and I have had to close all the windows up 24/7 and its sooooooooooooo hot in the house. I can open the back door to the rear deck if its not blowing too hard but the air just wont circulate. I opened the dining room window this afternoon when we got home but ten minutes later had to dash to close it when the dining room and the cedar blinds got a drenching. The grass is knee high as the ground wont dry out for mowing...and it keeps growing... and by the time the ground does dry out it will cost me $150 to get it mowed. Arrrghhhhhhhhhhh..... the rain should stop on Tuesday.... then the temps will skyrocket again.

Dont mind me.... in a few months I will be whining about the cold. :lol:
deldaisy

Postby Conforumist » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:00 pm

Here's one for you del'!

The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Batty » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Perhaps you could fix a lawn mower to the stern of a boat and row up and down the garden ...??

:music-singing: Mow, mow, mow your boat
Gently down the green ....
merrily, merrily, merrily merrily,
Life is just a scream.... :music-singing:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby deldaisy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:07 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah yeah! I should stop complaining.... at least we havent had flash flooding at our place... though the creek at the back was flowing so fast it was roaring.

and..... I havent checked downstairs in the second storage area.... :oops: (where the giant spiders dwell) I suspect that got flooded with the water from the driveway..... and I havent the heart to see what it destroyed this time.

H stole her bike out from under the house today and rode down the drive around the side path and into the back yard as she usually does.... when I looked out and saw her all I saw was this little girl from the waist up in the grass :lol: :lol: :lol: Its most probably alive with snakes.
deldaisy

Next

Return to The Broken Drum