Worldcon

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Worldcon

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:41 pm

Hi guys, just to say see all in two weeks I am off to WorldCon be good and don't talk about me too much. :D
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:50 pm

Who said that? :shock:

Have a great time Dug! :D
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby poohbcarrot » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:45 pm

Personally, I'd be a bit suspicious about something called "Worldcon" :P

It'd be funny if WWD coughed up $200 for a ticket, flew to where ever it was, went to the venue and there was absolutely nothing there apart from a sign saying "Sucker!".
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:46 pm

Have fun, and be good! :wink:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:47 pm

poohbcarrot wrote:Personally, I'd be a bit suspicious about something called "Worldcon" :P

It'd be funny if WWD coughed up $200 for a ticket, flew to where ever it was, went to the venue and there was absolutely nothing there apart from a sign saying "Sucker!".
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby chris.ph » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:33 pm

its like the americans calling their natonal baseball championship the world series :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Cheery » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:17 pm

Dunno if you've already gone, but have a good time, Dug! Hope you have fun!
Cheery

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:35 pm

poohbcarrot wrote:Personally, I'd be a bit suspicious about something called "Worldcon" :P

In Holland something like that happened. With April fools'day a nudist congress was announced somewhere in the country (can't remember where). When people showed up(and a lot of people did actually showed up) on april first there was only press there saying that it was a joke and how they feeled about it. A lot of people where not amused :wink:
Sjoerd3000

Postby Batty » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:12 pm

Is that what is known as a Bare Faced lie?? :lol:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:56 am

I believe it is :lol:
Sjoerd3000

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:39 pm

poohb why don't you try that in 2017, Japan will put in a bid for a WorldCon again then and as it is just down the road from you so to speak. ImageImage And it was a lot more than £100 to fly to Montreal.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby poohbcarrot » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:48 pm

I'll go if it's in Japan! :lol:

(What is it again?)
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:02 pm

It's the World Science Fiction Society's Convention. It's in Australia next year. :D
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:53 pm

poohbcarrot wrote:I'll go if it's in Japan! :lol:

(What is it again?)
They have got to win the bid first, but nearer the time you can pre-support and vote or just vote and pay the rest for membership. :)
I voted for Reno in 2011 they won becase they were unopposed and presupported Chicago's bid for 2012. 8)
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:09 pm

Dotsie wrote:Have fun, and be good! :wink:

HAH! like that's gonna happen.

Oh today is GenCon Indy in Indianapolis Indiana, US.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Next

Return to The Broken Drum