Once Upon A Time

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Once Upon A Time

Postby MongoGutman » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:56 am

I dont know what you mean by i.e info bar, but then again i use firefox
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:27 pm

It's a yellow warning bar that pops up when I download anything like that a bit of further security saying they stopped the download, and if you click on it to permit it to go ahead and usually it's no problem.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby MongoGutman » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:52 pm

Well if its gonna be shown its not that urgent. Not that great either, don't get your hopes up too much.
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

Postby MongoGutman » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:54 pm

I've just downloaded and started to watch a mini series called "The 10th Kingdom" made about 10 years ago that seems to have many parallels with OUAT. Anyone remember this? Somehow passed me by at the time.
MongoGutman

Postby pip » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:59 pm

I watched it for a while when it came out. I can't quite rememebr why i drifted from it though
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Willem » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:40 pm

I remember the 10th Kingdom - should even have it on DVD somewhere. From what I remember, it wasn't bad per se, but a weird mash-up of very childish parts (some trolls, IIRC) mingled with some interesting ideas. It's either in the attic at my ex-wife's or in an unopened moving box.
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:02 pm

I watched it it's Ok somethng that was better than what was on at the time.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby MongoGutman » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:49 pm

I'm finding it tough going - it's just too childish, I mean there are some good ideas but it's played with all the conviction of a muppet show
MongoGutman

Postby Conforumist » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:57 pm

MongoGutman wrote:I'm finding it tough going - it's just too childish, I mean there are some good ideas but it's played with all the conviction of a muppet show

Really!?!?!
..guess I'm too busy watching the hotties. :oops:
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby raptornx01 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:45 pm

stick with it. i can't say more then that :lol:
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby MongoGutman » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:16 pm

I was talking about the 10th kingdom
MongoGutman

Postby raptornx01 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:17 pm

Oh, ok then :P

And as of this ep now i can definetly say Rumplestilskin is the best character in the show. Robert Carlyle is a great actor.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby MongoGutman » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:37 am

yeah I really enjoyed it; I like the power play between the Queen and Rumpy, so much more interesting than the tiresome tug of love over the brat
MongoGutman

Postby ghostsecurity28 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:48 am

MongoGutman wrote:I've just downloaded and started to watch a mini series called "The 10th Kingdom" made about 10 years ago that seems to have many parallels with OUAT. Anyone remember this? Somehow passed me by at the time.

I enjoyed 10th kingdom I was a teen at the time I don't like the trolls they were cheesy and they still grate but the wolf was fun :)
OUAT is still ok in my opinion unfortunately fairy tales are big for 2012 and snow white is at the top of the genre so be prepared to be fairy tale slapped it will be coming from all angles :mrgreen:
And in Heather's case, there were sometimes Third Thoughts and Fourth Thoughts, although these were quite difficult to manage and sometimes led her to walk into doors
ghostsecurity28

Postby raptornx01 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:44 pm

yeah, THREE SW films. Snow White and the huntsman, mirror mirror, and the order of the seven. all pretty much covering the same territory covered in the flashbacks in OUAT. badass SW kicking butt.

why Snow white though? seems odd they would all come around the same time.

Edit: BTW the Amy Acker ep of grimm was great.
raptornx01

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre