Worst Film Ever Watched!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Worst Film Ever Watched!

Postby ghostsecurity28 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:00 pm

author3 wrote:
ghostsecurity28 wrote:the muppets new movie sucked [though I adore kermit/animal/piggy]

I thought that wasn't even out yet :?

Its called internet links it is released elsewhere watched it last week via an upload site ;)
And in Heather's case, there were sometimes Third Thoughts and Fourth Thoughts, although these were quite difficult to manage and sometimes led her to walk into doors
ghostsecurity28

Postby raptornx01 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:03 pm

raisindot wrote:I'd say the exact opposite. With nearly every Hollywood movie being either based on comic books or 70s TV shows, or some totally inane CGI-laden blow up fest, low-budget and horribly sadistic slasherfest, inane double-digit IQ "romantic comedy" or idiotic testosterone-driven action flick, I'd say the last 20 years have been the worst in the history of films. At least in the 40s, 50s and 60s you had people like John Ford, Billy Wilder, Sidney Lumet, Hitchcock, William Wyler, Fellini, Kurosawa, Goddard, Truffaut cranking out masterpieces whose quality made up for the thousands of B movies made during this time. Today, the only time you see a movie of good quality is the when Martin Scorcese comes up with a true winner every now and then. :D

As opposed to nearly every Hollywood movie being based on a play, or musical, spaghetti western, cheap sci-fi, government propoganda films, And today and the last 30 you have Miyazaki, Spielberg, Cameron, Niel Blomkamp, Peter Jackson, Baz lurman, Chris Columbus, John Landis, Jim Henson, Tarentino, Coppola, etc etc.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:14 pm

ghostsecurity28 wrote:the muppets new movie sucked [though I adore kermit/animal/piggy]

I'm looking forward to watching it. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Quatermass » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:21 am

raptornx01 wrote:
raisindot wrote:I'd say the exact opposite. With nearly every Hollywood movie being either based on comic books or 70s TV shows, or some totally inane CGI-laden blow up fest, low-budget and horribly sadistic slasherfest, inane double-digit IQ "romantic comedy" or idiotic testosterone-driven action flick, I'd say the last 20 years have been the worst in the history of films. At least in the 40s, 50s and 60s you had people like John Ford, Billy Wilder, Sidney Lumet, Hitchcock, William Wyler, Fellini, Kurosawa, Goddard, Truffaut cranking out masterpieces whose quality made up for the thousands of B movies made during this time. Today, the only time you see a movie of good quality is the when Martin Scorcese comes up with a true winner every now and then. :D

As opposed to nearly every Hollywood movie being based on a play, or musical, spaghetti western, cheap sci-fi, government propoganda films, And today and the last 30 you have Miyazaki, Spielberg, Cameron, Niel Blomkamp, Peter Jackson, Baz lurman, Chris Columbus, John Landis, Jim Henson, Tarentino, Coppola, etc etc.

Agreed. Modern movies aren't all shit, though I imagine Sturgeon's Revelation applies to both modern and old movies as well as literature. If you don't know what Sturgeon's Revelation is, it states "90% of everything is crap".
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby Ziriath » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Star trek TMP (1979)

A very disappointing movie. There were some good parts (transporter failure, main theme) and the FX are not bad, but it was seven hours of Enterprise flying out of the spacedock. Or it seemed to me that way. My favourite characters were reduced to some kind of walking equipment, wearing godawful vomit-colored jumpsuits, walking there like they had a stick shoved up their ass and were stuck in shallow, boring conversations.I am a Trekkie, but it doesn't mean I have to like everything named Star trek. In fact, only movies II and VI I find good.
Ziriath

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:03 pm

Ziriath wrote:Star trek TMP (1979)

A very disappointing movie. There were some good parts (transporter failure, main theme) and the FX are not bad, but it was seven hours of Enterprise flying out of the spacedock. Or it seemed to me that way. My favourite characters were reduced to some kind of walking equipment, wearing godawful vomit-colored jumpsuits, walking there like they had a stick shoved up their ass and were stuck in shallow, boring conversations.I am a Trekkie, but it doesn't mean I have to like everything named Star trek. In fact, only movies II and VI I find good.

I completely agree! I was very disappointed when it came out. Thank goodness for Wrath of Khan! ;)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby spideyGirl » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:07 pm

:oops: I liked it and preferred it to KHANNNNN!!!!! ;)
spideyGirl

Postby Willem » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:00 pm

Ziriath wrote:Star trek TMP (1979)

Yup, number one is sllllllooooooowwwwwwww. II and VI are awesome, don't care much for the rest either.
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby raptornx01 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:29 pm

did you try the special edition directors cut? its actually shorter :lol: the new effects were pretty good too.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Dotsie » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:56 pm

It was appalling, I agree, but I'm not so much against the rest - except V, which was pretty dreadful.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre