Once Upon A Time

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Once Upon A Time

Postby Willem » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:29 pm

Had high hopes for both Grimm and OUaT but stopped watching both due to lack of keeping me interested :cry:
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby Conforumist » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:29 pm

That's weird Dug,
I've never had a problem on the site; other than fighting a few pop-up windows.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:46 pm

I will try again I managed to get the clip of True Blood and it played Ok with no warnings. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:18 pm

Going to give up on this, said I needed realplayer to watch downloaded it went back and got this screen. :evil:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby MongoGutman » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:22 pm

streaming shows suck - always glitchy, always problems. Just download the show you want as an avi and watch it on your media player, so much simpler.

the is Once pilot

https://rs75l3.rapidshare.com/#!download|75dt|1354484462|once.upon.a.time.s01e01.avi|367153|R~A4856532E66E1944B95031A9D7DF611B|0|0
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

Postby MongoGutman » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:54 pm

And I'm up to date on both series, near enough, and I'd say Once is better than Grimm.
Once is a bit more
Spoiler: show
ridiculous, but it's played with a straight face and that works as fun (star wars anyone?), and it's cleverer - the current crisis of each episode relates back to a developing back-plot and contributes to an ongoing storyline. The girls are pretty enough but the acting is run of the mill, except for Robert Carlisle who gives it a touch of class. I like it. Not sure if it's got legs though - once the current story arc climaxes then what they got? Could be like Heroes: killer first season, rapid decline.

Grimm on the other hand, is a bit
grittier and, well, grimmer, but just seems flimsy. Not much of a story arc going on, series doesn't seem to be going anywhere, seemed to just fall immedietly into the monster of the week format - except the monsters aint really monstrous enough. I don't think the lead is much of an actor, and though his two main supports try they can't generate much chemistry with such an innert subject. No strong female character in it at all - a couple of minutes of the lead's wife each episode and maybe a bit-part villain or victim or witness.
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:40 am

Thanks Mongo I will give it a go later. :)
Who's Wee Dug

Postby raptornx01 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:19 pm

MongoGutman wrote:And I'm up to date on both series, near enough, and I'd say Once is better than Grimm.
Once is a bit more
ridiculous, but it's played with a straight face and that works as fun (star wars anyone?), and it's cleverer - the current crisis of each episode relates back to a developing back-plot and contributes to an ongoing storyline. The girls are pretty enough but the acting is run of the mill, except for Robert Carlisle who gives it a touch of class. I like it. Not sure if it's got legs though - once the current story arc climaxes then what they got? Could be like Heroes: killer first season, rapid decline.

Grimm on the other hand, is a bit
grittier and, well, grimmer, but just seems flimsy. Not much of a story arc going on, series doesn't seem to be going anywhere, seemed to just fall immedietly into the monster of the week format - except the monsters aint really monstrous enough. I don't think the lead is much of an actor, and though his two main supports try they can't generate much chemistry with such an innert subject. No strong female character in it at all - a couple of minutes of the lead's wife each episode and maybe a bit-part villain or victim or witness.

Well for Once
Yeah, Robs rumplestilskin always steals the show, such a creepy character. and you get the sense that he's the bigger threat, not Regina (the evil Queen). as for story, well the overall arc is leading to a final battle. frankly i hope they'd have the balls to build an end in. but ABC doesn't have alot of luck keeping shows with story arcs.

for Grimm
they have, especially with this most recent ep, been setting up this over arching story with the lead cop and whatever his deal is with the reapers. and the most recent showed more with the wife and i suspect she is either going to be a more integral part as it goes along, or a sacrifice.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby MongoGutman » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:32 pm

[quote="raptornx01"
for Grimm
they have, especially with this most recent ep, been setting up this over arching story with the lead cop and whatever his deal is with the reapers. and the most recent showed more with the wife and i suspect she is either going to be a more integral part as it goes along, or a sacrifice.
[/quote]

let's hope the later.
MongoGutman

Postby raptornx01 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:18 pm

Lol thats not what you said before :lol:
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:30 pm

Downloaded it and checked it works, Cheers Mongo. :mrgreen:

Will I be able to find Grimm on there as well. :?:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby MongoGutman » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:44 pm

MongoGutman

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:20 am

Do you have to register to download the file there. :?:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby MongoGutman » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:08 am

no, just click on free download, 12 seconds later your download should start
MongoGutman

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:04 am

Tried it a few times gets as far as downloading then click the IE info bar to continue but nothing seems to happen even if I leave it a while, Iwill just wait wait until it comes to Five.
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre