Worst Film Ever Watched!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Worst Film Ever Watched!

Postby chris.ph » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:21 pm

any of the police academy films truly awful everyone :doh: :doh:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Dotsie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:24 pm

Except the first one :P
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:26 pm

author3 wrote:Worst film I ever saw was Mr Poppers Penguins starring Jim Carry.Jim Carry is normally really good but this was just rubbish.My mum and my sister enjoyed it though :roll:
His originality for giving names to those penguins is outstanding....
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby raptornx01 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:50 pm

There's nothing that came out in the last 20-30 years that could be considered the worst anything (except maybe worst of the last 20 years :lol: ). 40's, 50's, and 60's now, that's different. Between Elvira, MST3k, Joe Bob Briggs, random blockbuster rentals, TNT's 100% weird, USA late night and rifftracks, i've seen 1000's of the most horrible creations to come out of hollywood.

ofcourse quite alot of them are entertaining in their own right, some are even ambitious, The Crawling Eye (an early MST lampoon) actually could have been a decent movie save for a few flaws. Plan 9 is hilarious. and Most of Roger Corman's stuff is fun.

One movie i was disappointed in though was Skyline. Now, let me be clear, i had heard people complaining in a general way about it. and watching it i was thinking, whats the big deal? its actually pretty decent. the effects are good. I liked the fact the premise is really a big 50's sci-fi homage. Hell it somewhat reminded me of "Destroy All Humans!", a great game. i was getting into it, i was rooting for the characters, even the main dude who i thought was a douche at first. I saw some of the events coming and was glad they did, i WANTED those things to happen. and as it went along i was getting on the edge of my seat. and just as the movie was about to reach a whole new level of badassery, just as i was out of my seat going "**** YEAH!", just as i was about to become the champion for this movie, telling people "are you ****ing crazy, that was badass". the credits rolled. "WHAT! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE ****ING KIDDING ME!? NO ****ING WAY YOU CAN END IT THERE! THERE?!!" it ends 20 minutes before the story is finished. Its like ending District 9 just as he's getting into the mecha. its like ending Aliens on the line "Get away from her you BITCH!".

:cry:
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby chris.ph » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:00 pm

i loved elvira :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Dotsie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:01 pm

Me too!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Joolz » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:11 pm

Me three :lol: :lol:
Bob Redding: How's your head?
Elvira: I haven't had any complaints yet.
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby Penfold » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:44 pm

Jaws 4 - The Revenge always ranks high in my list. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby ghostsecurity28 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:45 am

the muppets new movie sucked [though I adore kermit/animal/piggy]
And in Heather's case, there were sometimes Third Thoughts and Fourth Thoughts, although these were quite difficult to manage and sometimes led her to walk into doors
ghostsecurity28

Postby author3 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:56 pm

ghostsecurity28 wrote:the muppets new movie sucked [though I adore kermit/animal/piggy]

I thought that wasn't even out yet :?
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby raisindot » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:48 pm

raptornx01 wrote:There's nothing that came out in the last 20-30 years that could be considered the worst anything (except maybe worst of the last 20 years :lol: ). 40's, 50's, and 60's now, that's different. Between Elvira, MST3k, Joe Bob Briggs, random blockbuster rentals, TNT's 100% weird, USA late night and rifftracks, i've seen 1000's of the most horrible creations to come out of hollywood.

I'd say the exact opposite. With nearly every Hollywood movie being either based on comic books or 70s TV shows, or some totally inane CGI-laden blow up fest, low-budget and horribly sadistic slasherfest, inane double-digit IQ "romantic comedy" or idiotic testosterone-driven action flick, I'd say the last 20 years have been the worst in the history of films. At least in the 40s, 50s and 60s you had people like John Ford, Billy Wilder, Sidney Lumet, Hitchcock, William Wyler, Fellini, Kurosawa, Goddard, Truffaut cranking out masterpieces whose quality made up for the thousands of B movies made during this time. Today, the only time you see a movie of good quality is the when Martin Scorcese comes up with a true winner every now and then. :D
raisindot

Postby chris.ph » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:56 pm

youve not seen rise of the planet of the apes then rainsdot :shock:
chris.ph

Postby Conforumist » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:09 am

It's hard to pick one but..

Fargo (what a piece of st!t!)

and Gerry (Matt Damon movie; scary awful)
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Sister Jennifer » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:21 am

Fargo is brilliant.

I'm gonna say, the movie of my favourite book - The Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy. Good cast, pretty good effects. Why, why, why! Why was it so bad?
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby BobtheDrog » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:53 am

saw 'The sitter' recently closest I've ever come to walking out a film.
BobtheDrog

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre