Books that changed your world

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Books that changed your world

Postby Homeless Hublander » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:51 pm

The knife of Never Letting Go -read it far too young and traumatised me so much that I can't bring myself to read the next couple of books.....
cheers,
hublander.
Come check out my (fairly) regularly udated blog - it has words and everything! Honest!
http://rstbt.blogspot.co.uk/
Homeless Hublander

Postby author3 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:03 pm

Homeless Hublander wrote:The knife of Never Letting Go -read it far too young and traumatised me so much that I can't bring myself to read the next couple of books.....
cheers,
hublander.

I borrowed that off a friend once and never got around to reading it. :roll:
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby Homeless Hublander » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:11 pm

author3 wrote:
Homeless Hublander wrote:The knife of Never Letting Go -read it far too young and traumatised me so much that I can't bring myself to read the next couple of books.....
cheers,
hublander.

I borrowed that off a friend once and never got around to reading it. :roll:

I'd recommend reading it, but if you are an animal lover prepare to take one straight to the jaw!
cheers,
Hublander.
Come check out my (fairly) regularly udated blog - it has words and everything! Honest!
http://rstbt.blogspot.co.uk/
Homeless Hublander

Postby author3 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:45 am

The only life changing books I've read are Discworld by Terry Pratchett and Goosebumps by R.L Stine,I read them when I was about 5-8 years old and they are the reason why I love reading and why horror is my favourite genre :D
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby meerkat » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:48 pm

The ones that affected me the most were Charles Dickens and his relervations of Victorian life. Bleak House made me cry at the tender age of six (death of Joe, oh Gods I'm filling up now) and it still does now whenever I watch the DVD.
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:11 am

When I was a kid I got a library book called "How to go Plastic Modelling" by Chris Ellis. I'd made model kits for quite some time before, but this book took me to a whole new level. It changed my way of modelling forever and made me take the whole thing a lot more seriously.

Thanks to the wonders of the Internet, I've just got a copy of that book again. :D

It was published in 1968 and cost (originally) 25/- or £1.25 in Decimal. All these years later it cost me £1.51. I'm very pleased as the book is in excellent condition.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:05 pm

Oh that's wonderful when you get hold of one of those 'magic' old books that really grabbed you when you were young. :D

Did your fingers tingle when you held it in your hands again after all those years? :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:09 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Oh that's wonderful when you get hold of one of those 'magic' old books that really grabbed you when you were young. :D

Did your fingers tingle when you held it in your hands again after all those years? :P

They did indeed - and I even remembered some of the pictures. ;)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Previous

Return to Non-Discworld books