New Look Covers

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

New Look Covers

Postby RJH » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:18 pm

As I mention the other day 10 of the first 11 novels are getting a brand new look for 2012 with the first 5 getting a facelift in June and the next 5 (not including Eric) getting a facelift in October, here is the cover of the first novel, the rest can be found by clicking here

colourofmagic by Bricksandbooks, on Flickr
RJH

Re: New Look Covers

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:44 pm

:clap: I love Josh's cover art and just might start collecting these despite my Scrooge-like tendencies (also my original copies are getting a little tatty...) :shifty:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby pip » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:46 pm

Still prefer the original Colour of Magic Artwork to Kirbys but overall the new covers look great and nice to see they're not dumping the cover art we know and love :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby spideyGirl » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:09 pm

pip wrote:Still prefer the original Colour of Magic Artwork to Kirbys but overall the new covers look great and nice to see they're not dumping the cover art we know and love :D

What Pip said! :D
spideyGirl

Postby raptornx01 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:17 pm

Better than ours :cry:

"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby raisindot » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:29 pm

raptornx01 wrote:Better than ours :cry:

Oh, Lord, Raptor...did you have to show that? The American PB covers are SOOOOOOOOOO embarrasingly bad. That's why I paid a fortune to import the Kirby cover versions.
raisindot

Postby RJH » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:55 pm

My issue is there will be no Eric one, about time they sorted that issue out.
RJH

Postby author3 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:37 pm

I quite like the new covers.If I had a choice between these covers and the one I own I'd still chose my ones.I just prefer them.
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby raptornx01 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:09 pm

raisindot wrote:Oh, Lord, Raptor...did you have to show that? The American PB covers are SOOOOOOOOOO embarrasingly bad. That's why I paid a fortune to import the Kirby cover versions.

Night watch wasn't too bad, and men at arms was ok only because i liked the design of the gonne on the cover. the rest..... if only i had the money.

BTW how much did you pay all in all? i still need the illustrated eric and last hero books (and any other illustrated ones), which you know we ain't got here. i'd be curious to know what i'd be looking at as far as payment.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby raisindot » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:58 pm

The books themselves weren't that expensive...it was the shipping that gotcha. I think, on average, I paid about $4 per book, which would include shipping for that book. So, multiply that by every book through TFE (except for Pyramids) and it comes to over $100. A sizeable investment.

You might want to take a look at amazon.ca. They often carry the original British versions of books and the shipping is far less.
raisindot

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:11 pm

I prefer Josh Kirby covers but I also like the Kidby artwork covers. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Penfold » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:51 pm

I'm pretty much with Doug on this one but I would really love to have Kemar's covers as well. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby MongoGutman » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:54 pm

Why not just a completely blank cover, but coloured octorene?
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

Postby DaveC » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:54 am

I don't like the Equal Rites, with it's lack of Granny and Esk...
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby pip » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:57 am

RJH wrote:My issue is there will be no Eric one, about time they sorted that issue out.

Its an annoying anomoly all right :cry:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Next

Return to Latest books