Once Upon A Time

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Once Upon A Time

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:09 am

Channel 5 have announced that they'll be showing this series in the spring, so we don't have too long to wait.

If you want a sneak preview, tune in before the Celebrity Big Brother final - they are going to be giving us a 60-second clip to savour! [I'll give that a miss, I think!!]

Apparently, Jennifer Morrison (House) is great fun, there are witches and dwarves and all your favourite fairytale characters, and fans of Lost will have a great time picking out all the references to that show. Plus, there will be shocks.

Ooooooh.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Re: Once Upon A Time

Postby raptornx01 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:48 pm

You're in for a treat. its a great series. Ginnifer Goodwin makes a pretty hot Snow White.

I watch it along side Grimm (dunno if you guys can see that, or if there are plans or not). which is the same basic premise, but told from a different angle. and more bloody. But fun.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:12 pm

Grimm is being advertised on Sky but I don't know which channel. :?:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby ghostsecurity28 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:52 pm

I have watched the links for once upon a time so I am presently episode 11 and I also watch grimm
OUAT is pretty good and you really want to see the good guys win only thing that gets complicated is the vast amount of characters they bring in such as king midas , jiminy cricket you kind of wish they would stick with a particular character database Semi spoiler: * plus furious about the huntsman [what they did to him is unfair]*
Grimm however is pretty cool kind of reminds you of buffy in some ways they do stick to the german named characters which is kind of cool to learn on the side.
advice watch both and see which you prefer !!!
And in Heather's case, there were sometimes Third Thoughts and Fourth Thoughts, although these were quite difficult to manage and sometimes led her to walk into doors
ghostsecurity28

Postby MongoGutman » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:04 am

I'm intrigued. I've just dl'd ouat 1x01 and am watching it as i write, looks good so far. and now you say theres another? grimm? hmm. most of my shows are in the off season - true blood, dexter, walking dead, eureka, warehouse 13 or have been cancelled, so these could fill the gap nicely
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

Postby ghostsecurity28 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:23 am

Lol I know how you feel !! walking dead is back feb 12th so looking forward to it with glee :dance:
but have to wait for trueblood all I know is Russell is back.
also have to wait till autumn for dexter and american horror story which i think is the best ghost series to hit our screens in years
True blood teaser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cnX4ZSd0RE

walking dead next episode teaser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moTLn9MP ... re=related

grimm is cool love the Wieder Blutbad monroe :D
And in Heather's case, there were sometimes Third Thoughts and Fourth Thoughts, although these were quite difficult to manage and sometimes led her to walk into doors
ghostsecurity28

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:05 am

Love Warehouse 13, but the one that is closest to my heart is Eureka, and that's been cancelled, so I'm heartbroken.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Catch-up » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:22 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Love Warehouse 13, but the one that is closest to my heart is Eureka, and that's been cancelled, so I'm heartbroken.

I didn't know Eureka had been cancelled. :cry:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby raptornx01 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:33 pm

ghostsecurity28 wrote:I have watched the links for once upon a time so I am presently episode 11 and I also watch grimm
OUAT is pretty good and you really want to see the good guys win only thing that gets complicated is the vast amount of characters they bring in such as king midas , jiminy cricket you kind of wish they would stick with a particular character database Semi spoiler: * plus furious about the huntsman [what they did to him is unfair]*
Grimm however is pretty cool kind of reminds you of buffy in some ways they do stick to the german named characters which is kind of cool to learn on the side.
advice watch both and see which you prefer !!!

Well, it is kind of a character of the week, and trying to figure out who is who is part of the fun. but the chars in the flashbacks you don't really need to follow THAT closely. besides, if you want a war between good and evil you kind of have to have an army :lol:

on Grimm yeah, i always have to remember blutbaden is the werewolves.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:17 am

Catch-up wrote:
Bouncy Castle wrote:Love Warehouse 13, but the one that is closest to my heart is Eureka, and that's been cancelled, so I'm heartbroken.

I didn't know Eureka had been cancelled. :cry:

http://screenrant.com/eureka-canceled-s ... co-127496/

They've given the producers 1 episode to tie everything up.

I've never been so angry (and devastated) at the cancellation of a television show before.

Bouncy Castle

Postby author3 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:37 pm

Apparently Amy Acker is going to appear in Once Upon A Time 8-)
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:38 pm

I liked Amy Acker in the shows I've seen with her. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby MongoGutman » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:02 pm

I'm up to episode 5 and it's OK, quite engaging. Robert Carlyle steals every scene, of course.
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

Postby Conforumist » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:22 am

WOOHOO; Amy acker, my favourite!!

We were just talking about the show at work today. I have been watching it since it started. It's on Sunday night here, but I usually watch it online the next day. Frankly, all 3 ladies are hot in it! :)

I watched the first 3 episodes of Grimm, but I could not stick with it. I find it's lacking a little depth and the effects leave a little to be desired.

A lot of people watch Dexter, but I have not seen it.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby MongoGutman » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:31 am

Oh, Dexter's great - but you have to watch it in sequence

here's a link to download s01ep01 - http://www.filestube.com/f145f83cc1261eef03ea/go.html
MongoGutman

Next

Return to TV, film, theatre