Saturday Controvesy

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:13 pm

Trish wrote:
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:HEY Trish, shall we work on a trebuchet to try and fling buns? hmm, could be a bad idea, in order to get there, they would have to go very high and freeze or become meteors on re-entry. Could be fun tho. :twisted: :lol:

Why don't we fling cabbages? By the time they re-enter the atmosphere frozen, we will have created a "green" and environmentally-friendly ballistic missile that we can then sell to the Pentagon for untold riches.

No! Send buns :wink:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Stultus Saxum » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:19 pm

I thought I'd read this thread to find out what happened on Saturday that was so controversial.

As it is, I find that the matter is a discussion. Excellent.

*Pulls out soap box, dusts off and steps up*

Oh my. Is that the time?

I've got a train to catch.

:arrow:
Stultus Saxum

Postby chris.ph » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:28 pm

Dotsie wrote:Men like farts. Simple.

sorry dotsie i dont fart :wink:
its medically impossible, but theres was nothing better than farting in bed and sticking the bosses head under the quilt :lol: :lol:
who says men are immature :wink:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:16 pm

]How would you like something in you ear like Barry the talking sprout [img]

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-whacky098.gif[/img], and the Robster is no fan of sprouts we were just extracting the urine when the fansite was set-up and Sproutlore was born alas it is now deceased being succeeded by the Order of the Golden Sprout with a new sproutmaster at the helm.[/quote]

Wha?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:06 pm

You would need to see Dotsie's post on the previous page,Bouncy. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:28 pm

chris.ph wrote:

its medically impossible, but theres was nothing better than farting in bed and sticking the bosses head under the quilt :lol: :lol:

Are you dipping your pen in the company ink?
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Catch-up » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:15 am

What happened here?
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:35 am

Lord knows. I was following up until the sprouts.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Exp. Date, the rat » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:02 am

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:
chris.ph wrote:

Are you dipping your pen in the company ink?

Has anyone seen the Dried Frog Pills? :shock:
A legal Feegle? How could there be such a thing?
Today I feel like I am soaring like a tortoise!
Exp. Date, the rat

Postby poohbcarrot » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:59 am

If we're talking about veggies, I hate sprouts, cabbage, turnip, cauliflower, broccoli, daikon (if you get it outside of Japan), and beetroot makes me physically sick!
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:07 am

poohbcarrot wrote:If we're talking about veggies, I hate sprouts, cabbage, turnip, cauliflower, broccoli, daikon (if you get it outside of Japan), and beetroot makes me physically sick!
I saw a program recently on American TV showing that there's a flavour in greens that some people react to much more than others. They are genetically opposed to it from genes that they inherit from their parents. So if your parents give you a hard time about not eating your greens - blame them! :lol:

I found the show - here it is. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby poohbcarrot » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:35 am

...and celery, cucumber and eggplant (I can't spell aubergiene) - Yuk!

It must be genetics.
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:54 am

Tonyblack wrote:I saw a program recently on American TV showing that there's a flavour in greens that some people react to much more than others. They are genetically opposed to it from genes that they inherit from their parents. So if your parents give you a hard time about not eating your greens - blame them! :lol:

I found the show - here it is. :wink:

I DO blame my maternal ancestors for my not being able to eat sprouts and most leafy greens come to that, as they all followed the practice of cooking them for at least 40 mins (and yes, the same for cabbage even though they barely need 2 mins cooking in normal kitchens) and adding bicarbonate of soda to the cooking water 'to keep them green' :evil: To this day on the odd occasion where I'm backed into a social corner and can't 'not' eat sprouts as it might cause offence, I have to cut them up into small enough portions to not have to chew as well as swallow - so the horrid little balls of pus (which is how I think of them even if they're cooked properly) literally spend as little time as possible in my mouth. If I don't then my tongue takes charge and ejects the horrid things :cry: My housemate loves them so I actually cook them for him, but I never eat them myself even though I quite like the smell of them raw now I'm adult enough to overcome my repugnance to actually tolerate prepping them.

To be fair to mum the excessive steaming time and especially the bicarb thingie :roll: seems to be the favoured cooking method of vegetables except curiously, potatoes :shock: in the south-west...
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:16 am

chris.ph wrote:

Exactly! You still like them! Maybe one day, poor Chris :(
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:00 pm

I used to work with a chap who weighed about 350 pounds and could fart on command. He could clear a football field ( american or other ) literally, and my Gawd the Hang Time... Gah! And, it was always some other bloke asking him to do it. Well, unless he really took a shine to ya. :twisted: :twisted:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum