Discworld Shows This Feb

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Discworld Shows This Feb

Postby RJH » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:44 am

This Feb there will be two Discworld Productions:

On the 16th, 17th and 18th Feb, Oook Productions are doing Night Watch at the Assembly Rooms Theatre, Durham all profits go to the Orangutan Foundation: http://bricksandbooks.co.uk/2012/night- ... roduction/

and Act One Productions will be staging a production of the Monstrous Regiment from the 22nd-25th Feb at the Gate Theatre in Cardiff, Wales: http://bricksandbooks.co.uk/2012/monstr ... -25th-feb/

If you live local to either they try and get to see one of the shows, both are using the Stephen Briggs stage adaption of the novels, I am planning to see the Night Watch on the 18th.
RJH
 

Re: Discworld Shows This Feb

Postby chris.ph » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:56 pm

tony and me are going to the cardiff one :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
User avatar
chris.ph
Member
 
Posts: 8445
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:52 am
Location: swansea south wales

Re: Discworld Shows This Feb

Postby RJH » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:08 pm

Nice one, I will have to pick your brains then :)
RJH
 

Re: Discworld Shows This Feb

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:14 pm

You can borrow these if you like. :lol:

Image
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
User avatar
Tonyblack
Moderator
 
Posts: 28619
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Re: Discworld Shows This Feb

Postby RJH » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:19 pm

Fantastic just what I need :)
RJH
 

Re: Discworld Shows This Feb

Postby Molokov » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:48 am

There's also Pratchett Pieces 3 being performed in Adelaide by stalwarts Unseen Theatre Company.

Details at http://www.unseen.com.au
Nullus Anxietas V - The Australian Discworld Convention
10-12 April 2015
Novotel Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia
http://ausdwcon.org
User avatar
Molokov
Member
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:31 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Discworld Shows This Feb

Postby ramtopsman » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:26 pm

Why are there non in manchester =[ ive been after one in manchester for ages :(
Check out all things pratchett at

www.youtube.com/user/ramtopsman
User avatar
ramtopsman
Member
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:36 am
Location: manchester

Re: Discworld Shows This Feb

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:52 pm

Organize one with your local am dram group. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 13960
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Re: Discworld Shows This Feb

Postby nsullivan » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:43 pm

If you're in the Sheffield area, we have a production of Maskerade at the Drama Studio (Glossop Road), from 1-4 February. That's next week Wednesday to Saturday.
Details and ticket bookings are here http://www.thecompanysheffield.co.uk/
nsullivan
New member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:37 pm

Re: Discworld Shows This Feb

Postby RJH » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:29 am

nsullivan wrote:If you're in the Sheffield area, we have a production of Maskerade at the Drama Studio (Glossop Road), from 1-4 February. That's next week Wednesday to Saturday.
Details and ticket bookings are here http://www.thecompanysheffield.co.uk/


I know what im doing next week then :)
RJH
 

Re: Discworld Shows This Feb

Postby Char » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:34 pm

ramtopsman wrote:Why are there non in manchester =[ ive been after one in manchester for ages :(


Seconded :(. I have been invited to go and see a production of Guards! Guards! performed by the Studio Theatre Club. The dates for the shows haven't been decided yet, but the performance will be all the way down in Oxford. I'd love to see some Discworld on stage, maybe even have a little Discworld meet-up at a show, but I just can't seem to find any within a reasonable distance.

Here's STC's website, in case anyone else is interested in seeing their performance of Guards! Guards!

http://www.studiotheatreclub.com/index.html
User avatar
Char
Member
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:45 pm
Location: Lancashire, England

Re: Discworld Shows This Feb

Postby RJH » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:42 pm

Thanks Char will feature that on my site, why not come over the hill next weekend to Sheffield?
RJH
 

Re: Discworld Shows This Feb

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:55 pm

Char wrote:
ramtopsman wrote:Why are there non in manchester =[ ive been after one in manchester for ages :(


Seconded :(. I have been invited to go and see a production of Guards! Guards! performed by the Studio Theatre Club. The dates for the shows haven't been decided yet, but the performance will be all the way down in Oxford. I'd love to see some Discworld on stage, maybe even have a little Discworld meet-up at a show, but I just can't seem to find any within a reasonable distance.

Here's STC's website, in case anyone else is interested in seeing their performance of Guards! Guards!

http://www.studiotheatreclub.com/index.html

There was a performance of Wyrd Sisters in Chorlton back in Aug 2010. They advertised it here - must have been before your time here. ;)

Do you both subscribe to Discworld Monthly? They frequently advertise upcoming Discworld plays.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
User avatar
Tonyblack
Moderator
 
Posts: 28619
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Re: Discworld Shows This Feb

Postby Char » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:25 pm

Tonyblack wrote:
Char wrote:
ramtopsman wrote:Why are there non in manchester =[ ive been after one in manchester for ages :(


Seconded :(. I have been invited to go and see a production of Guards! Guards! performed by the Studio Theatre Club. The dates for the shows haven't been decided yet, but the performance will be all the way down in Oxford. I'd love to see some Discworld on stage, maybe even have a little Discworld meet-up at a show, but I just can't seem to find any within a reasonable distance.

Here's STC's website, in case anyone else is interested in seeing their performance of Guards! Guards!

http://www.studiotheatreclub.com/index.html

There was a performance of Wyrd Sisters in Chorlton back in Aug 2010. They advertised it here - must have been before your time here. ;)

Do you both subscribe to Discworld Monthly? They frequently advertise upcoming Discworld plays.


I do indeed.:) Had a look in January's issue. Closest thing is Lords and Ladies in Lichfield.
User avatar
Char
Member
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:45 pm
Location: Lancashire, England

Re: Discworld Shows This Feb

Postby RJH » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:51 pm

Char wrote:
ramtopsman wrote:Why are there non in manchester =[ ive been after one in manchester for ages :(


Seconded :(. I have been invited to go and see a production of Guards! Guards! performed by the Studio Theatre Club. The dates for the shows haven't been decided yet, but the performance will be all the way down in Oxford. I'd love to see some Discworld on stage, maybe even have a little Discworld meet-up at a show, but I just can't seem to find any within a reasonable distance.

Here's STC's website, in case anyone else is interested in seeing their performance of Guards! Guards!

http://www.studiotheatreclub.com/index.html

What about Sheffield?
RJH
 

Next

Return to Terry Pratchett

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests