My Story: Dogcatchers

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:17 pm

:D That's great! I'm wondering what Aurora's mutation is now. :?
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Cheery » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:52 pm

Tonyblack wrote::D That's great! I'm wondering what Aurora's mutation is now. :?

You will not find out untill the next part :twisted:
Cheery

Postby poohbcarrot » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:05 pm

Poor old Delbert :(
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby WannabeAngua » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:25 pm

I think Aurora is not quite human, not quite wolf, but a very pretty, hairy baby girl :D
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby Cheery » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:27 am

LETTER TWO

Auroras jurney had now begun. She and her mother travelled far - from village to village, city to city and finally over the borders from one land to the other. They could never stay at one place, because they were being chased by the pack. They were escaping, trying to stay alive and so travelled thousands of miles. Aurora's mother was and stayed her only friend. But sadly, this was about to change. I'm sure Aurora wrote this letter in great sadness:

It happened at a day, no different to all the others. The sun was shining, making the snow glitter. It would have been a beautiful day, if it wouldn't have happened. I wish I could have stopped them. I wish I would have been strong enough...

For some days now, the people had been noticing strange happenings in the plains of Yield. For one thing there were thefts going on. There had never been thefts before. At least no successful ones, because Yieldians locked every door. Although it was just the occasional chicken or rabbit, it still was very impolite to take other people's property without asking. And the Yieldians didn't like impoliteness.

But what made them even more nervous, were the rumours about a very big, grey dog wandering through the fields around the villages. Maybe he was the thief. Strangely enough, the cages had been obviously opened by human hands. A dog couldn't pick a lock, could he?

As it is, the people failed to see a little detail about the dog.
Firstly, it was no dog...

... and there was a little black cat trotting along behind it.
Cheery

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:34 am

:lol: No wonder Aurora was so unpopular. I like it!
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby WannabeAngua » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:14 am

No wonder Aurora was so unpopular. I like it!

So do I :)
I hope Aurora grows up to be strong and mighty and kick some serious wolf butt :twisted:
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby Cheery » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:56 pm

WannabeAngua wrote:
No wonder Aurora was so unpopular. I like it!

So do I :)
I hope Aurora grows up to be strong and mighty and kick some serious wolf butt :twisted:

Don't worry, she will. :twisted:
Cheery

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:31 pm

Her mum must be quite some b*tch! :lol:

I think a werecat would have no trouble handling a werewolf but a pack might be evening the odds a little :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Cheery » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:52 am

I think you've noticed that I haven't written any further parts for the story for about two weeks and the reason for this is, that I've altered the story a bit. I thought the story through and came to the conclusion that this isn't actually Auroras story. The way I've started it won't go along with the rest of the story.
So I decided to start the story some time later, just before Aurora meets her friend (Polly; you see Pratchett influence here :) ) and leave the letters away. Believe me, the story makes a lot more sense like that.
Auroras past stays the same (just to prevent confusion: the event that was going to happen was her mother being killed by the pack while protecting Aurora).
And because this isn't just Auroras story anymore, I'll think of another name.
I know I shouldn't stop in the middle again (or here at the beginning :? ) but I tell you, I've never planned a story like this. Hopefully this will finally go on to the end.

Posting the new beginning soon and sorry that I've just stopped the story. At least you know a bit about Aurora. :wink:
Cheery

Postby poohbcarrot » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:58 am

Does that mean Delbert isn't dead? I liked him! :P
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Cheery » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:35 pm

THE HUNTER AND THE CAT

"Get me out!"
"Erm... how?"
"How? I don't care how!" Polly's feet started to slide down again and she tried to push her back even harder into the wall. A small cloud of soot whirled up and settled down on her trousers. "Just get me out!"
The face which had been staring down from the shaft opening now looked around hurriedly, disappeared quickly and came back again. "But... how?" it asked.
"Get a rope! Fetch help! I don't care, Armin!"
Armin nodded and pulled his head back once again. There was some nervous running around on the roof. "Erm... It's too short..."
"Not the ripped one, Armin, a new one!" Polly rolled her eyes. Sometimes Armin could be as thick as a bowl of cold porrage. "Look, run along and get some help, okay? Tell them I'm stuck in a chimney, the rope's ripped and I need a new one... Get it?"
Armin threw a salute and said "Yup! Erm... just... stay here, okay?"
"Seriously... where do you think I could go?"
"Erm... down the chimney, maybe? Probably very fast?"
"Good point."
Last edited by Cheery on Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Cheery

Postby Cheery » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:37 pm

poohbcarrot wrote:Does that mean Delbert isn't dead? I liked him! :P

Well, I could do him in again...

By the way: The name isn't definate. I'm still looking for a better one.
Cheery

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:00 pm

I play around with my stories a fair bit too Cheery - sometimes it's best not to have too firm an idea of what your side stories or even your character list. My latest fanfic which I've been at for a year almost (is more a fan novel now I've woffled so much :oops: ) has at least 3 characters I wasn't expecting to use much when I started out, but as it turned out it wouldn't have so 'interesting' for my principal character's background as then it would all be about the victim's story rather than the 3 nasties having fun being wicked and why they're that way... :twisted:

I'm not absolutely sure but I think you can alter the thread title by editing into your 1st post if that doesn't suit your story any more - that should be displayed in the subject box at the top of the post reply window?

Just checked that with one of my old threads (by adding extra !!!s :lol: ) - yes you can change the thread title! :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohbcarrot » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:10 pm

You can't delete what you've already written and what's been read! :shock:

That would be exactly like burning books! :shock:
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum