Ask Stibbons - Technical Questions

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Ask Stibbons - Technical Questions

Postby michelanCello » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:45 pm

Dotsie, if you want to make a PPt it's really simple - I just don't know how to explain this to you. :P
You put the image, as it is into the presentation, click on it and then you go to Format (if you have Microsoft Office 2007, it's the last little...thingie... the first from the right... on top!) and then there's a whole scale of forms you can put your image in :D Even round ;)
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:17 pm

I've got paint so if you give me the picture I can probably make it round for you ;)
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Dotsie » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:37 am

michelanCello wrote:Dotsie, if you want to make a PPt it's really simple - I just don't know how to explain this to you. :P
You put the image, as it is into the presentation, click on it and then you go to Format (if you have Microsoft Office 2007, it's the last little...thingie... the first from the right... on top!) and then there's a whole scale of forms you can put your image in :D Even round ;)

We have a winner! Thanks mC ;) (and thanks everyone else too). I was using an older version at work, & I swear it wasn't on there. Sorted now though :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby michelanCello » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:31 pm

Glad it's sorted out! :D I think this is the first time I could be helpful in something technical :P
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby gathpode » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:10 am

How can i use my avatar from the Harper Collins old T.P. forum it was one I gat attached to. Please rember I am an old man and a bit of a thicko so the simpler the better. Thanks.
gathpode

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:20 am

gathpode wrote:How can i use my avatar from the Harper Collins old T.P. forum it was one I gat attached to. Please rember I am an old man and a bit of a thicko so the simpler the better. Thanks.

You should be able to upload it directly from your computer as long as it's not too bit (physically and file sized).

Click on your "User Control Panel" at the top left of your screen.
Select the tab that says "Profile".
Then select the tab that says "Edit Avatar".
Use the "Browse" option to find the picture which, presumably, you have stored in a file on your computer.
Click on the file and select "open".
Once the avatar has loaded, click "Submit".

If the software says the picture is too big, let me know and I'll have a go at getting it the right size. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:41 pm

does anyone know which version of the PoverDvd program can allow me to capture an image from a film WITH the subtitles?
I tried with PowerDvd9 but it's not, the image comes out without subtitles.I had it once, but don't know what it was.. :think:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Oberon » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:18 pm

CrysaniaMajere wrote:does anyone know which version of the PoverDvd program can allow me to capture an image from a film WITH the subtitles?
I tried with PowerDvd9 but it's not, the image comes out without subtitles.I had it once, but don't know what it was.. :think:

Have you tried with VLC Media Player?
“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” (Terry Pratchett).
Oberon

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:34 am

I looked for it, downloaded it, but it appears it can't capture images at all!!! :(
EDIT:But then again, if you only knew how to use it, you might find out that it does, indeed! :oops: :oops: and with subtitles too!! :dance: Thank you Oberon :P
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:54 am

CrysaniaMajere wrote:I looked for it, downloaded it, but it appears it can't capture images at all!!! :(
EDIT:But then again, if you only knew how to use it, you might find out that it does, indeed! :oops: :oops: and with subtitles too!! :dance: Thank you Oberon :P

As far as image capture goes, you can always use the 'Print Screen' button on your keyboard and then paste it to a program that allows you to crop the image. 8-)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:30 am

I had thought of the 'print screen' button, but it doesn't work. In any way. It doesn't capture anything. I used it once, years ago with another computer, it was ok, but now I have to find other ways. ^_^
CrysaniaMajere

Postby deldaisy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:35 am

CrysaniaMajere wrote:I had thought of the 'print screen' button, but it doesn't work. In any way. It doesn't capture anything. I used it once, years ago with another computer, it was ok, but now I have to find other ways. ^_^

On my laptop the Print Screen button is automatic. Saves it as it is in an image...

On this computer you have to transfer (copy and paste) it to Paint then save.

(Do I sound like I know what I am talking about???? :lol: :lol: :lol: Do it so seldom usually have to ask the teen)
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby LilMaibe » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:48 am

I assume you have a windows computer? (just making sure)
LilMaibe

Postby deldaisy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:16 am

Me? Yep
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:48 am

Mee too ^_^
CrysaniaMajere

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum