The year in pictures (2012)

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: The year in pictures (2012)

Postby Batty » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:32 pm

Penfold, I think it's a bit insensitive of you to post the photo of the man stuck in the sand waving for help!

... Hoping that you would come back and rescue him ... :roll:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Penfold » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:42 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tiff (and anybody else), the link below is for Picnik, a free photo editing site that has most of the basic fixes for exposure and colour, including cropping and straightening. I found its automatic fix quite a handy tool as well. Hope this might help rescue your green photos as it sounds that all is required is adjusting your colour balance. :D

http://www.picnik.com/home

Edit: Another quick note about Picnik is that I wasn't bombarded by adverts or mail either! :shock:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Conforumist » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:49 pm

Batty wrote:Penfold, I think it's a bit insensitive of you to post the photo of the man stuck in the sand waving for help!

The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Tiffany » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:23 pm

Penfold wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Tiff (and anybody else), the link below is for Picnik, a free photo editing site that has most of the basic fixes for exposure and colour, including cropping and straightening. I found its automatic fix quite a handy tool as well. Hope this might help rescue your green photos as it sounds that all is required is adjusting your colour balance. :D

http://www.picnik.com/home

Edit: Another quick note about Picnik is that I wasn't bombarded by adverts or mail either! :shock:

That, Penfold is a marvelous site, much better than Befunky, or Photobucket. I have put it in my favourites. I love it.
Thank you so much for posting it.
I did this...
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Kin Arad » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:51 pm

That's a great photo Tiff!
And all of your photos were amazing too Penfold!!
Whenever I try and take a picture, someone either walks in front of me, or there is a whole group of people at the side at the side waiting for me to take the photo, giving me evils! :x Even if there was nobody around before, whenever I get out my camera, they all suddenly appear! I'm sure they do it on purpose :snooty:
“Wouldn’t that unplug your heating pad?”
Kin Arad

Postby jaznbonnie » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:49 pm

Kin Arad wrote:That's a great photo Tiff!
Whenever I try and take a picture, someone either walks in front of me, or there is a whole group of people at the side at the side waiting for me to take the photo, giving me evils! :x Even if there was nobody around before, whenever I get out my camera, they all suddenly appear! I'm sure they do it on purpose :snooty:

They follow you around too, Kin? ;) And here I thought it was just me. :D

I think people in photos are important for some scenes but not all of them. It depends on what the subject of the scene is. Love all the photos that I am seeing here tho. Especially the castles. I love castles! Image
Be careful what you wish for as you just might get it.
jaznbonnie

Postby Penfold » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:44 am

I'm glad you like the site Tiff, I still use it quite a bit for minor adjustments. :D

I know what you mean about people appearing out of no where to get in the way Kin. Fortunately, there are plenty of isolated walks around my way if you avoid the South Downs Way (for non UK members, this is a major hiking route in the South of England and always quite busy). I have done eight and ten hour walks covering around fifteen miles or so and only encountered one or two people all day, and that was normally near the end when I was approaching town. :D
Penfold

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:40 pm

Penners my old sausage. I thought of you several times today, on my train journey to chilly Dorset.

Some of the sky views from the train were amazing - far away in the distance, the clouds were bright white, with a very low layer of dark cloud coming towards the train.

With the fields and trees and country type stuff in between, I kept thinking "I wish Penners was here with his camera". :D

It almost looked like a black and white scene.

I hope my description isn't too awful.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Penfold » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:14 pm

:crying-green:

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get out walking since October due to work, the weather, and a few other commitments. I do intend working on that again and am currently planning to walk (over the course of two-three days) the Downs Link Path between the South Downs Way and the North Downs Way, about 37 miles (59km). The problem at the moment is the short days as I don't want to be caught in the middle of nowhere after dark. :D
Penfold

Postby Tiffany » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Some judges like people in scenic photo's Kin Arad, so your photo's would be fine. :lol: :lol:
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Tiffany » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:25 pm

Sadly I couldn't get the castle buff coloured, which it actually is in RL. :( Goodness knows what setting I had that camera on when I took those pics. :? :o :shock:
Next time, if we go there again, I will take it the right colour on the right setting with the camera I have now.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby deldaisy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:12 pm

Batty wrote:Penfold, I think it's a bit insensitive of you to post the photo of the man stuck in the sand waving for help!

:lol: :lol: :lol: That pic ALWAYS cracks me up Batty..... wish I could remember the thread we ripped into it.....

I should put it up as my screen saver :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for that site Penners. I have NO idea WHAT the girls have done but a few photo fix em up programmes are missing off this computer....... :twisted:
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby deldaisy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:29 pm

You mean "photo-bombing"?
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Batty » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:36 pm

deldaisy wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: That pic ALWAYS cracks me up Batty..... wish I could remember the thread we ripped into it.....

:

If this works then click here
If it doesn't work, then it is on page 11 of this thread!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby deldaisy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:32 pm

Batty wrote:
deldaisy wrote:

:

If this works then click here
If it doesn't work, then it is on page 11 of this thread!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thats the one... stills cracks me up....
and page 12.....
deldaisy

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum