What Are You Doing Tomorrow? 3

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What Are You Doing Tomorrow? 3

Postby Oberon » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:48 am

BobtheDrog wrote:Exam number 2 coming up tomorrow. Only an hour long at least

I hope it goes well for you Bob.

My audition went well last night. I'm quietly confident but you can never be sure.
“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” (Terry Pratchett).
Oberon

Postby deldaisy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:11 pm

You'll be right Bob!

Oberon????? AUDITION?????? Wha?

Please explain.......

Me: Tomorrow.... I am going to melt in a heatwave.... farewell fair friends... alas alack.... say a silent goodbye as I slide down the pavement and into the sewer sytem as I melt away.........

"I'm melting! I'm melting!!!!"... .hmmm ... who said that......
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Oberon » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:21 pm

deldaisy wrote:Oberon????? AUDITION?????? Wha? Please explain.

I had an audition for a role in an amateur production of Alan Aykbourn's "Role Play" yesterday evening deldaisy. As I said above I think it went well. I'll know if i got the part in the next couple of days.

Hang in there with the heat wave. I hope that your air conditioning system pulls you through.
“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” (Terry Pratchett).
Oberon

Postby pip » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:39 pm

BobtheDrog wrote:Thanks, wishing they were over but not finished up until the 18th :cry: so much I would rather be doing with my life

Spent many an hour in the Sportshall doing Exams so i've symapthy for you. In my first year they hadn't Semesterised the main exams yet so all exams where in May / June and i had to go trough 3.5 hour exams. That year the History department had 4 hour ones . Thankfully they changed in my second year and the time is much more manageable :D
Good luck with em :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby deldaisy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:47 pm

Oberon wrote:
deldaisy wrote:Oberon????? AUDITION?????? Wha? Please explain.

I had an audition for a role in an amateur production of Alan Aykbourn's "Role Play" yesterday evening deldaisy. As I said above I think it went well. I'll know if i got the part in the next couple of days.

Hang in there with the heat wave. I hope that your air conditioning system pulls you through.

Air conditioning?

*looks around and spies the fan*
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Catch-up » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:14 pm

Bob, hope the exam goes well. Oberon, break a leg!

Tomorrow I will be doing my most hated chore - paying bills.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Oberon » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:05 pm

Tomorrow evening I have to persuade the rest of the committee of one of the Am-Dram groups I work with to let me direct "Maskerade" in November. It won't be easy. Some will say we won't be able to cast it (we are only a small society and like many similar groups consist mostly of middle aged women). I will argue that I managed to cast "Wyrd Sisters" a few years ago. You can always find actors for a Pratchett.

I do have some leverage. The group want me to write a one Act murder mystery for them for production in June and I help to run their junior drama group. I've also sounded out some of the committee already and I think I have enough support to swing it.
Oberon

Postby De Lona Ranger » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:07 pm

Oberon wrote:Tomorrow evening I have to persuade the rest of the committee of one of the Am-Dram groups I work with to let me direct "Maskerade" in November. It won't be easy. Some will say we won't be able to cast it (we are only a small society and like many similar groups consist mostly of middle aged women). I will argue that I managed to cast "Wyrd Sisters" a few years ago. You can always find actors for a Pratchett.

I do have some leverage. The group want me to write a one Act murder mystery for them for production in June and I help to run their junior drama group. I've also sounded out some of the committee already and I think I have enough support to swing it.

So are YOU a middle aged woman Oberon?
De Lona Ranger

Postby Oberon » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:29 pm

De Lona Ranger wrote:
Oberon wrote:Tomorrow evening I have to persuade the rest of the committee of one of the Am-Dram groups I work with to let me direct "Maskerade" in November. It won't be easy. Some will say we won't be able to cast it (we are only a small society and like many similar groups consist mostly of middle aged women). I will argue that I managed to cast "Wyrd Sisters" a few years ago. You can always find actors for a Pratchett.

So are YOU a middle aged woman Oberon?

No mate I'm a decrepit old man :cry: . (Me on the left below playing Duke Felmet in my production of Wyrd Sisters 8 years ago).

Oberon

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:11 pm

Who's the fool on the right? :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby meerkat » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:20 pm

That's not a nice thing to say about the Doll! :lol:
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:29 am

Tomorrow I shall be going down to Dorset to visit the Mother.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:52 am

Not tomorrow but today i'm going back to football training after 8 months injured after dislocating my hip in June . Should be fun and painful at the same time :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby nemmi69 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:27 pm

Same thing we do every day, try to take over the world!

Snarf
What doesn't kill you is just biding it's time
nemmi69

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:59 pm

:shock:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum