Self-revelation - the 'joy' of writing fanfic...

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Self-revelation - the 'joy' of writing fanfic...

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:58 pm

Sensucht - nice one :text-google: That does more describe the journey although my grasp on reality regrettably was vice-like offline... :roll:

Take your time reading it more thoroughly, especially if it's ringing bells for you - it's mostly positive but there are some nasty bits along the way ;)
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Homeless Hublander » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:11 pm

I will definitely do so, and I will get back to you with any thoughts that may wander idly into my head and wave while reading.
I find it ridiculously difficult to lose myself nowadays too aside from - outside of a good book or those ever-so-tangible dreams where one wakes up longing it even more - if I have time to make a model or two, once I reach the 2 hours mark or so and once the plastic glue (which is ridiculously strong and acrid) has completely permeated the room, then I kind-of go into a trance-like state and my mind wanders freely for hours on end, however once I did pass out from the fumes and wake up a fair few hours later, so maybe glue-induced trances aren't the best!
cheers,
Hublander.
(actually, just for peace of mind and to clear things up, I am in no way shape or form indorsing glue, glue sniffing or using glue to induce bizarre trances.)
Come check out my (fairly) regularly udated blog - it has words and everything! Honest!
http://rstbt.blogspot.co.uk/
Homeless Hublander

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:30 pm

They don't call it Air-FIX for nothing. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Homeless Hublander » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:32 pm

:lol:
cheers,
Hublander.
Come check out my (fairly) regularly udated blog - it has words and everything! Honest!
Homeless Hublander

Postby Homeless Hublander » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:41 pm

A long read, but worth it :) sorry I got back to you so late, I've been preoccupied. I've really enjoyed reading this, and where to begin! It's a really fascinating read, conveniently dotted with extracts of your poetry that kept me entertained. some fo the peotry is really very beatiful, and also rather heart-wrenching at points. I feel that it has a very good message, and it's definitely worth getting there! overall though, I very much enjoyed reading this, and it is a sort of feel good when you look at it because (to me) it seems to show that it is possible to get out of a rut with help from any place and any person, and even if that place or person eventually fades in the mists of life the imprint remains.
cheers,
Hublander.
Homeless Hublander

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:50 pm

:oops: oh thanks for taking the time to read it all Hubs :text-thankyouyellow:

I've had positive feedback elsewhere but it was from someone who 'knows' me from that time and place so it all made sense to them without too much effort and they're used to my writing style as well, so although their feedback's objective and valuable to me (we edit each other's 'pro' work) I'm glad that you could follow it OK and enjoyed the ride! :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Homeless Hublander » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:57 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote::oops: oh thanks for taking the time to read it all Hubs :text-thankyouyellow:

I've had positive feedback elsewhere but it was from someone who 'knows' me from that time and place so it all made sense to them without too much effort and they're used to my writing style as well, so although their feedback's objective and valuable to me (we edit each other's 'pro' work) I'm glad that you could follow it OK and enjoyed the ride! :D

No probs :)
Homeless Hublander

Previous

Return to Non-Discworld books