The Solstice Saskwidge Game Thread

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: The Solstice Saskwidge Game Thread

Postby WannabeAngua » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:36 pm

Sorry my vote comes so late. Been a busy few days as it's back to normal, meaning very hectic, at work.

My vote goes to Kin Arad, might change it later on ;)
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby Kin Arad » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:57 pm

Hey, no fair!! :o
So if I change my vote Simstars, will you change yours?? :pray:
Hmm....Well it's obvious that either Dotsie or WA is up to something, so I shall vote for....umm...ah!
Dotsie as at least that will give me a higher chance of survival :?
“Wouldn’t that unplug your heating pad?”
Kin Arad

Postby WannabeAngua » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:31 pm

You're om luck Kin. I'll change my vote for the first time ever. Changing it to Jaeger.
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby SimStars13 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:33 pm

Maybe. There's no reason for me to change votes, and even accepting to change votes would look suspicious (not only for me...)

Interestingly, with 30 minutes to go it's a three-way tie between Kin, Jaeger and Dotsie. Will Meerkat pop in and change this? Who knows.

Edit: In accordance to WA'a post, I'll change my vote to Dotsie, just to keep this nice tie going...
"Martin! I thought we sold you"

DFTBA
SimStars13

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:48 pm

:lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:58 pm

STOP!!!!! :shock:
I've had to edit this post 4 times in the last half hour! (v. handy this draft save option! :D )

Deacon Dotsie - 1) Father Jaeger
Father Jaeger - 1) Deacon Dotsie
Archimandrite Kin Arad - 1) Deacon Dotsie
Monsignor Meerkat - no vote
Angelic (Wannabe) Angua - 1) Father Jaeger
Saintly Simstars - 1) Deacon Dotsie
Monsignora Wizzard - 1) Father Jaeger

And again the heavens and Cori Celesti have intervened and LO! the lynch has been foiled once more...

:angry-screaming:

NARRATOR'S Deux ex machina... :doh:

The tie breaker (eeny meeney by the housemate... :roll: ) yet again IDed a god for the lynch choice with 2 people in the draw - talk about deja fu - :? This means you've now had a god role fingered in the last 2 'lynchings' (still no clues on which one(s) you've caught as they know who they are :twisted: ) and so it's pretty pointless having a night phase as both godly actions take 2 nights and, with that and other information at the Sweeper's disposal (just take my word for it for now ;) ) the next lynch vote ought to be conclusive, so I've decided that we're skipping this next Night Phase... :angelic-innocent:

And LO! High in Cori Celesti there was a bit of shoving and smarming going on between Nuggan and Lobsang Ludd the Time lord and, what with one thing and another, Blind Io got a tad huffy after a bit of apple blossom got blown into one of his eyes, making him sneeze with the pollen and LO! Day followed Night rather more quickly than usual - and, in Oi Dong, it was both snowing and blossoming...

... in these unusual circs Day 3 has begun and will end at 10 pm Thursday 5th January!
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby jaeger » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:53 pm

SEE, SEE . . . I told you it's Dotsie !

That's twice now the Deacon's been in a lynchin shoot out and survived.
Never in the field of disciness conflict has it been so obvious. We shall fight on the rimwards, we shall fight on the hubwards.
VOTE Dotsie !!

:banana-dance: Dotsie, Dotsie, Dotsie, Dotsie :banana-dance:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, naked, drunk and on fire screaming YEEHAAW ! . . . .
jaeger

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:25 am

Ponder the meaning of all this exuberance with a pinch of this if you will, all ye good monks who haven't been in a tie-break situation... :twisted:

I wrote:This means you've now had a god role fingered in the last 2 'lynchings' (still no clues on which one(s) you've caught as they know who they are )

I have not indicated which player was chosen in either tie-break, simply that the person(s) was/were a god of some description. So, for instance, you could have found both Nuggan and Lobsang now, but there have been 3 people in the frame over the last two day phases, which could mean that 1 or perhaps 2 of them could be an ordinary player, or at least not an immortal one... :violin:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby MrsWizzard » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:44 am

Oy, three days now, and still no one's popped their clogs :think:

Still, it's late over here, and my speculatin' muscle can't be bothered anymore tonight, so I'm keeping my vote for the good (?) Father Jaeger
"Talk to the paw, mister, 'cos the whiskers don't want to know!!"
MrsWizzard

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:38 am

MrsWizzard wrote:Oy, three days now, and still no one's popped their clogs :think:

Well, you all managed to get Willem the other night, or rather Nuggan did, but yes, you've not been too productive with your actual lynching in that you've got a god in 2 of them.

So maybe it's time for some 'coming out' for certain deities, as this may explain what's gone on with the last 2 lynch outcomes - all that happens when you lynch a god is that they get a sore neck for a bit (remind me not to let gods into this game again - they're blood nuisances! :roll: ). However, the configuration of the ties in those lynches have to give you some clue as to who's got the Cori Celesti day pass (as the Time Lord has his own gaff somewhere, unlike stingy Nuggan) and who hasn't - which leads me to tell you that you have in fact managed to lynch both Nuggan and Lobsang during the last two Day Phases so you have 3 candidates to look at with a very confused eye as I'm not revealing which one you got on either day except to say that maybe you should try and ID the person in those lynch ties WHO IS NOT A GOD*... :twisted:

*unless they'd care to ID themselves and save everyone a lot of headaches :lol:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:27 pm

Thanks for the info Jan ;)

I'm voting for Jaeger, and I invite anyone who wants to get rid of Nuggan to do the same :P

Pointing the finger at me indeed, for shame!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:42 pm

And to be fair - ask yourselves what's the point of lynching a god (or maybe a lynch tie survivor) twice. You've tried it with both of them and it doesn't work, so who's left to vote off who won't bounce back tomorrow (and I already said that Meerkat was only ever the Abbot)?

Maybe somebody knows who the 3-fold Auditor/Lyncher is and the reason why Meerkat got to come back...? :P
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:45 pm

So, Jaeger was Nuggan but isn't any more, and Meer knows who we should be voting for but isnt here? Bugger.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:52 pm

:roll: You got both gods in the last 2 vote offs - they can't die. There were three people involved altogether in both lynches, you, Jaeger and WannabeAngua. Two of you are therefore immortal, so one of you has to be a lynch survivor (not a god) whichever lynch you were involved in.

Meerkat was lynched while she was the Abbot. The Abbot has now reincarnated as some other player (not Meerkat). If the Abbot is lynched the Lyncher (Auditor) wins. The Abbot always gets reincarnated so the Lyncher can't win but Meerkat came back. How did that happen? What prevents a secret role from fulfilling their function?

Going out now - sort yourselves out! :lol:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:09 pm

Glad I'm not playing it's getting too complicated for me :lol:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

PreviousNext

Return to Games