The Buffy/Angel Thread

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Just Realised We Don't have Buffy Thread, So Here's One

Postby Willem » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:10 pm

Buffy's great - I watched the first season recently (just before the new tv season started in the States) and it held up pretty good over the years. Sure, it's got a big nineties vibe (especially the Bronze) but the writing's pretty strong. First show I saw that played around with the stereotypes (and tropes) that we all know, and where the writers screwed with your head by not letting stuff happen that you feel should happen :)
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby AgnesOgg » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:41 pm

Buffy and Angel are great fun :lol: Cordelia is wonderful ast the über-bi**h ans has the funniest lines ever ( mmmm, salty goodness...first time she sees Angel)
no, it`s a hippopotamus!
AgnesOgg

Postby MongoGutman » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:44 pm

I thought it got better as it progressed, season 5 onwards especially, and ended on a high. They never quite lost touch with the essental tragedy of the situation, but didn't let that overshadow the fun to be had.
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

Postby author3 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:25 pm

Willem wrote:Buffy's great - I watched the first season recently (just before the new tv season started in the States) and it held up pretty good over the years. Sure, it's got a big nineties vibe (especially the Bronze) but the writing's pretty strong. First show I saw that played around with the stereotypes (and tropes) that we all know, and where the writers screwed with your head by not letting stuff happen that you feel should happen :)

what do you mean new tv season?
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby DaveC » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:33 pm

author3 wrote:
Willem wrote:Buffy's great - I watched the first season recently (just before the new tv season started in the States) and it held up pretty good over the years. Sure, it's got a big nineties vibe (especially the Bronze) but the writing's pretty strong. First show I saw that played around with the stereotypes (and tropes) that we all know, and where the writers screwed with your head by not letting stuff happen that you feel should happen :)

I think Willem means he watched it in the Summer before all this years new series' started, usually in September, TV seasons are like school, mostly September -May.

Hope that helps. :geek:
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby author3 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:28 pm

DaveC wrote:
author3 wrote:

I think Willem means he watched it in the Summer before all this years new series' started, usually in September, TV seasons are like school, mostly September -May.

Hope that helps. :geek:

I think I understand it.
Basically their repeating the old Buffy episodes again in America and now in Britain on SyFy
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:52 am

Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby author3 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:39 pm

Why would people need to see another Buffy film when there is already one from 1992?It's so pointless to make a new film :cry:
author3

Postby MongoGutman » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:43 pm

I thought the original Buffy film was poor and it took a while for the tv series to live it down
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

Postby author3 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:51 pm

MongoGutman wrote:I thought the original Buffy film was poor and it took a while for the tv series to live it down

True it wasn't very good but I just have a terrible feeling about making another film.I hope they don't plan on making a new tv series as well :roll:
author3

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:59 am

The problem with the original is that the producers (a husband and wife team, I believe) pulled apart Joss Whedon's script, and turned it into what it is today - carp.

In fact, I believe Joss asked for his name to be taken off the credits, but I could be wrong.

Sadly, the producers held onto the rights, so when Joss make the TV show (and Angel) they both got credit and, presumably, highly paid.

This new Buffy moving is them running out of money and jumping on the Twiglight [spit] and Vampire Diaries bandwagon.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby DaveC » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:11 pm

You are not wrong, it's a horrible state of affairs. Author, for more official Buffy and Angel read the new comics that started a few years ago, they are far out but pretty good. :)
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:25 pm

I couldn't get on with them. Got a few Buffy ones, but didn't like them at all.

Bouncy Castle

Postby author3 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:53 pm

The comics were quite entertaining for me.But I don't agree with this
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 ... AA300_.jpg
:cry: :cry: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :cry: :cry:
They have released a SEASON 8 motion COMIC on DVD. :cry:
author3

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:58 pm

Ick.

Bouncy Castle

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre