The Solstice Saskwidge Game Thread

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

The Solstice Saskwidge Game Thread

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:48 pm

The impossible happened. High in the Ramtops a snowflake fell into the eternal Spring day at the Monastery of Oi Dong. A snowflake. Fell...

... down by the procrastinators a young monk - Bah-Qing Yan watched its perfect symmetry tumbling over and over to the ground, eyes transfixed, unheeding of the sudden brisk and icy zephyr that blew the long voluminous hood of her robe into the relentlessly imperturbable and deadly spin of one of the taller Procrastinators...

Day - the shortest one has dawned... The first monk has taken several turns for the worse down by the procrastinators and once again things are looking decidedly dodgy for life expectancy up in the peaceful blossom-strewn precincts of Oi Dong monastery! And it's still snowing after thousands of years of non-stop blossom...

The angry mob's first lynching will be made at 10 p.m (GMT London time) Saturday 24th December, or sooner if all players have used up their 3 votes

PMs on their way to our players with special roles v. soon... (well actually tomorrow sometime probably as I'm cream-crackered :character-kenny: )
You may vote for, accuse and generally abuse the following people on the official players list

Wassailing Willem
Saintly Simstars
Archimandrite Kin Arad
Deacon Dotsie
Monsignor Meerkat
Angelic (Wannabe) Angua
Father Jaeger
and just in time.... Monsignora Wizzard :lol:

and any Gawpers who feel like showing up (you can talk all you like but you have no vote remember)

Ask questions about the game and remind yourselves about the rules (such as they are) and full info re secret character designations in the Solstice Overnight Thread

DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD DURING A NIGHT PHASE
THE NARRATOR (JVQ) WILL ANNOUNCE NO-POST PHASES ONCE AND ONCE ONLY!
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Re: The Solstice Saskwidge Game Thread

Postby Willem » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:12 am

My first vote is for MC who's not playing. My second vote therefor goes to Saintly Simstars.
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby WannabeAngua » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:43 am

I hope the deadline is 10 tonight? My first vote goes to Jaeger.
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby Dotsie » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:08 am

Hmm, Jaeger did describe himself as a "player", which sounds suss to me. But my first vote is going to the dodgy looking Monsignor Meerkat.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby SimStars13 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:00 pm

You don't have the internet for one day and what happens? Anyhow, in this case I shall vote for Wassailing Willem!
"Martin! I thought we sold you"

DFTBA
SimStars13

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:54 pm

Oi Dong! Bingledy Bong
What to do when your timing goes wrong?

Secret PMs going off soon guys - just to say we're up to 8 with Monsignora Wizzard on board ;) And a quick lynch off round-up, such as it is ;)

Deacon Dotsie - 1) Mognignor Meerkat
Father Jaeger - no vote
Archimandrite Kin Arad - no vote
Monsignor Meerkat - no vote
Angelic (Wannabe) Angua - 1) Father Jaeger
Saintly Simstars - Wassailing Willem
Wassailing Willem - 1) MC :roll: ; 2) Saintly Simstars
Monsignora Wizzard - no vote

OK so that's pretty light so far and it's getting quite parky here and that's snow's starting to come down something chronic so I'm off inside for something rather strong and spicy :ugeek:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:52 pm

OK the PMs have gone and I'm disappearing to go to Narnia for a bit of warm-up - bloody cold up in the Ramtops when your Spring thermostat's gone on the fritz... :angelic-innocent:

Oh and remember - Not even the Abbot knows who he is. I shall reveal him (or her) at the appointed time :twisted:

ALSO - Nuggan and Lobsang, being immortal will be unlynchable and unkillable but they can only make a comeback in the game once. For this reason I will not be confirming who you voted/got bumped off if one of them does get the chop at any stage so it'll be up to you as to work out whether you can trust 'em or not :lol:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby MrsWizzard » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:42 pm

My first vote's for Monsignor Meerkat. Not that I've ever met the fellow, but he sounds a rather weasly sort ;)
"Talk to the paw, mister, 'cos the whiskers don't want to know!!"
MrsWizzard

Postby jaeger » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:23 pm

Oi Ms Deacon ! I asked if I was to late to partake, spose it was a poor choice of words tho to say 'player' :roll:

Now you and the Angelic are ganging up on me :crying-yellow:

Wassailing Willem :think: hmmm . . . . tactical throw away vote ? :shifty:

Wassailing Willem gets my vote :pray:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, naked, drunk and on fire screaming YEEHAAW ! . . . .
jaeger

Postby Kin Arad » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:22 pm

Ok - I shall vote for Monsignor Meerkat, sorry it's a random guess... :?
“Wouldn’t that unplug your heating pad?”
Kin Arad

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:39 pm

Ah good - the other punters assemble :D

Less than 30 mins to go and let's have another gander at the voting trends...

Deacon Dotsie - 1) Monsignor Meerkat
Father Jaeger - 1) Wassailing Willem
Archimandrite Kin Arad - 1) Monsignor Meerkat
Monsignor Meerkat - no vote
Angelic (Wannabe) Angua - 1) Father Jaeger
Saintly Simstars - 1) Wassailing Willem
Wassailing Willem - 1) MC ; 2) Saintly Simstars
Monsignora Wizzard - 1) Monsignor Meerkat

Well it looks like Willem or Meerkat are out in front but a photo finish might not be needed unless the simples one gets her kit and caboodle in here PDQ. Back in 20! ;)
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:40 pm

And the frozen night falls... a little late (blame the Xmas Song thread - couldn't find a Frankie Goes to Hollywood song that would load on here for aaaaaages! :evil: )

And as the tiny solstice sun slunk below the mountains and the longest night of the Great Year began, the Auditors were almost - not quite, but nearly, EXCITED! It had been soooooo easy! They'd managed to get the Abbot killed straight off - who'd have thought that Monsignor Meerkat of all people could have been the latest incarnaaaa.........

... hold up! Just rewind that last bit... :shock: Meerkat was the Abbot! :crying-blue: Yeah, yeah that's too bad but actually I meant the bit that came after that about those carnations... :o Oh dear Auditors - did you really think it would be that easy to lynch the Abbot! At Hogswatch? :laughing-rolling:

Yes that's right folks - Hogswatch is a time of miracles and as any fool knows the Abbot of Oi Dong is always re-incarnating all over the shop so although Meerkat was the Abbot she aten't anymore and even now the fickle finger of fate has found another little tacker to promote to holiness as the umpteenth re-incarnation of our favourite bikkit-eater.

However... Nuggan is still at liberty and so the Auditors get another roll of the bones and someone else will be chosen to die tonight - eventually.
People who need to PM me please do so by Midday 27th December
THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED FOR POSTING UNTIL ALL THE NIGHT CHOICES ARE IN - you may say your farewells to Meerkat down by the lake where her viking funeral pyre is about to light her on the way to the Halls of Heroes... :angelic-little:
(or in the Night thread ;) )
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:11 pm

Dawn rolled in late. You know what it's like on Discworld first thing in t'morning... :shifty: Anyway - Dawn rolled the snake's eye... It was a bit sleep-encrusted and rather red, possibly with embarassment 'cos you know how that Dawn can be a bit slutty at times. :romance-lovegoddess:
Blind Io picked up his snake eye and huffed on it to loosen some of the crud and then flicked it negligently off the eyeball and into the aether...

Meerkat blinked back into existence somewhere down by the Mandala feeling decidedly manky and more than a little irked that the Valkyries were right snooty bitches who'd insisted on dropping her off on some bloody snake's eye on the wrong side of the Bifrost Bridge...
And she had some vague recollection of getting rather friendly with Heimdallr but, as her head and stomach were wittering on about too much scumble she doubted that they could have got up to much. :orcs-cheers: She headed off to the showers, muttering something about dire retribution the next time Qu asked her to test drive a new 'threepee' (prototype portable procrastinator).
... And someone's gonna be popping their clogs come sundown - more on that later :angelic-red:

OK f-f-folks... we're back online and Meerkat's back in the game on probation due to Time Lordly intervention (the Abbot's already reincarnated as someone else now), so it's time to get your lynching muscles back into gear and your heads into some semblance of sentience :angelic-innocent:

In English for those of you who're still on Krimbo time-lapse, I may or may not still be waiting for a night choice to come in but I can't be arsed to wait any longer. Meerkat's had a reprieve as a result of one of the night choices, but you cannot assume anything by her reappearance as she was the Abbot and so cannot be back on the God or Time Lord card (even though there was immortal tampering) 'cos you can only be one role at a time. To be clear Meerkat is not an immortal, just bloody lucky... :angelic-halofell:

The Abbot has now re-incarnated as someone else who does not have a secret role in other words...

... and it's still snowing during Wen's Eternal Spring... :occasion-snowman:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:03 pm

Wow, that day phase was over pretty quick... not complaining or anything... but I was off crimbling! Soz meer ;)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby michelanCello » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:09 pm

Gee... difficult new rules :P
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Next

Return to Games