Rules & Night-talk 4 Solstice Saskwidge

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Solstice Saskwidge Sign-up & Overnight thread

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:11 pm

So any gawpers around? :whistle:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:13 pm

Quick update on the gameplay for this which will mean that we can play with 2 killing roles and 3 pro-monks roles and at a slower pace so that we'll not be too stymied with people not being about at first... :P

This is how it pans out

We have a passive killer and a passive good guy (who won't know who he is) who will only be able to win the game by surviving the other. This is an adaptation of a paired game known as Lynchee and Lyncher :twisted:

Our Lyncher is of course the Auditors Mr. Khaki AND Mr. Beige ;) (and possibly Mr. Grey as well) I think as the monks are definitely going to be knee-deep in the mucky stuff...
and our Lynchee will be the Abbot who has had gone into hiding with his bikkits and his lephant so hopefully Mr. Khaki won't be able to find him. If he does then the Auditors have won the game

the mealy-mouthed god Nuggan will be the active killer in this game but, because he's such a poisonous little wuss his night kills will not be effective until the following night phase (yes this means that someone's Hogswatch dins-dins will have been poisoned and they'll not pop their clogs until after Boxing Day). The Lyncher/Auditors may consult with him as to the victims but he has final veto

and our two heroes are as usual a Doctor (protector) and a Detective
up against the dodgy god will be the Time Lord - Lobsang will assume the role of a Guardian Angel whose protection influence will last for 2 nights (this isn't necessarily a good thing although it does balance out Nuggan's poison :? )

and that leaves our 'Seer' The Sweeper who's not afraid to play dirty and will steal the power or ability of whoever he investigates

Other than that it's business as usual - no vigilantes or surprise kill capabilities this time and the 3rd good guy the Abbot won't know who they are until they're either lynched or the Auditors are outed/thwarted :angelic-red:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby meerkat » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:36 pm

er....yes... right! :pray:
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Re: Sign-up & Overnight thread ~ Solstice Saskwi

Postby Bjornagain » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:58 pm

Hmmm - this looks interesting. Is that deja-flu or deja-fu? :whistle:

OK - I'm in to make up the numbers although if anyone else comes in late and wants to play as well then they can have my spot :text-lol:
Bjornagain

Re: Rules & Night-talk 4 Solstice Saskwidge

Postby jaeger » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:54 pm

Am I to late to be a 'player' . . . or am I condemned to be a gawper ???
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, naked, drunk and on fire screaming YEEHAAW ! . . . .
jaeger

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:56 pm

No worries - you can take part! :D Bjornagain (my pseudonym :oops: ) will drop out in your favour ;)
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby jaeger » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:02 am

Ooooh a pfsssudoe nominom wish I had one 'O' thems :mrgreen:

Hope Ican keep me end up . . . whatever that may be . . . Be nice to make the next day :D

Thanks JVQ :clap:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, naked, drunk and on fire screaming YEEHAAW ! . . . .
jaeger

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:09 am

The gameplay in this one's going to be a slow burn away from the lynches as the killer can only strike every other day so no one will be Nuggan killed until Night 2. :twisted:

No vigilantes this time but there's an Auditor hiding out amongst the monks... :eusa-shifty:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby jaeger » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:15 am

Yeah well them religious types is always a bit sus . . . get a zelot among 'em (audit time) and you start to get lots of essessssssss . . . . . .WE never trussssstsssss 'em :hand:
jaeger

Postby MrsWizzard » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:45 am

is it too late to join up?
"Talk to the paw, mister, 'cos the whiskers don't want to know!!"
MrsWizzard

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:36 pm

Nope - not too late! :D I haven't even done the secret roles yet (the mince pies are doing beautifully however) :twisted:

PMs going out soon kiddies - before Narnia starts anyhooo! :whistle:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby MrsWizzard » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:52 am

Poor Meerkat, off'd before she could even vote. That won't be a very pleasant Hogswatch morning should she stroll around here tomorrow :?
"Talk to the paw, mister, 'cos the whiskers don't want to know!!"
MrsWizzard

Postby meerkat » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:43 am

WHAT? I'm a good girl. When'd I get voted off?! There I was on Radio Four last night being a good girl and I gets voted off!

FOUL REF!!!!!
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby jaeger » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:01 pm

That's a bit harsh Meer, calling the Ref foul :o :mrgreen:

Stiched up like a kipper you was . . . :doh:
jaeger

Postby Kin Arad » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:33 am

I'm sorry Meer :( :violin: (here's some sad dramatic violin music)
“Wouldn’t that unplug your heating pad?”
Kin Arad

PreviousNext

Return to Games