Rules & Night-talk 4 Solstice Saskwidge

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Rules & Night-talk 4 Solstice Saskwidge

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:46 pm

Remember that spot of bother with the Hogfather last year...?
You know - when the poor Tooth Fairy was given a really nasty root canal...?
Well that was NOTHING OK?

This Solstice the Auditors have decided they really need a spot of divine retribution...
the Yetis are getting a tad frosty...
and the History Monks may be losing their cooooool...
And guess what...?
Someone's gotta die -
HORRIBLY!

Standard forum Werewolf rules but if we get enough sign-ups then we may have additional character roles and a new trick or two for the 'special' tasks to make things suitably murky in line with the ancient ways...

How it works ~
Starting with a Day Phase the players post and try to find out who the hidden killer werewolves (or their allies) in their midst are. A vote is made during this period (as specified by the Narrator - so me, JVQ ) and the 'winner' is eliminated by an angry mob up to the deadline (after a couple of days of wild speculation) and the unlucky corpse's part in the game is then over.
The Night Phase then commences and the good and evil secret role holders make their choices as designated through PM to the Narrator. When all the choices are notified, the Narrator will begin the next day phase with the news of who has not survived the night and/or whether any revelations can be made on identities if a killer or one of the good guys has been taken down.
The next series of lynch voting then resumes in another Day Phase, this time informed by what has transpired 'overnight'. And so on.... The killers are looking for victims, especially the cop-style roles obviously, but any kill is good for them so far as winning the game goes...
So - we're looking for a minimum of 7 players and then, if we get more people coming in than usual there'll be some twists and turns in the roles which may or may not be notified ~ more on that soon!

Usual Gameplay applies
1. The players post on the thread as ordinary monks of Oi Dong (so as yourself, sitting at your PC this very moment, reading this - no role-playing please even if you're playing one of the hidden characters).
People who do not want to play may still join in the guessing game fun as Gawpers - so anyone can have a good nosey, but your posts will not be taken into account as part of the game and you cannot get killed or vote to eliminate/lynch any of the players. Just be a good rabble and have a good gossip about what’s going on – cheering or booing is welcomed, but if the Narrator tells you to butt out for getting carried away, you have to abide by that so the game isn't spoiled (your later posts may get swept away in an avalanche of snarkiness from JVQ if you're a real nuisance…)

2. X No of players will be assigned a special role (this will be done by PM with instructions on how to play that part) – either as one of the killers or one of the good guys etc, BUT you are still an ordinary celibate out in the main thread, undercover – in other words nobody else will know who you really are, with the exception of your partner (if you have one) as revealed in your PM.
The roles are all assigned randomly (names out of a hat) so please do not beg to play a certain role…
a) If you are an ordinary citizen you will not know who anyone else is – you have to figure that out yourselves.
b) If you have a special official role you must not reveal what your secret task or power is (if you have one) unless prompted to do so by the Narrator even if you're eliminated.
c) If you are a killer the PM will reveal the identity of your partner, so you can discuss tactics with them – please use PM or other non-posting means of doing this as most convenient for you and your buddy.
Again – please remember that you must NOT reveal your secret ID (if you have one) in your posts
3. Starting with a day phase you will all be on the lookout for a likely suspect (or if you are a killer to divert suspicion away from yourself and/or your partner(s)). Each day phase all players vote for whomever they wish to accuse of being a killer.
a) On this forum you are allowed to change your vote up to THREE times during the day phase if you think you made a mistake (or wish to muddy the waters), or stick to your guns and the person you voted for.
b) Whoever gets the most votes is then lynched and can no longer play an active part in the game (you can be a Gawper then if you like, but you cannot nominate, vote or be killed anymore).
c) In the event of a tie the Narrator will determine who gets whacked by a coin toss or other appropriate method (this cannot be appealed or challenged).
d) You do not have to vote for anyone if you don't want to, but beware of the conclusions that others may draw from this...
4. The night phase begins when the Narrator declares that no more voting can take place. (a deadline will have been set for this) and confirms the elimination of one of the players (and their secret ID if appropriate). All the players seemingly go home to bed and do not post or communicate in the game thread until the next day phase.
The Narrator then prompts the players allowed to have night-time activity to PM them. Nobody may post in the game thread until the next day phase starts - you have been warned!
a) the killer(s) and their partner(s) if any decide off-thread who they want to kill (remember they cannot post this themselves) and then PM the Narrator with their choice (within 24 hours or as specified).
b) Players with blocking powers or tasks will also be asked to PM the Narrator to state whom they wish to be the subjects of their night phase investigation/protection etc
Once all the special role decisions and actions are over the Narrator then updates the story for the next day by revealing the next victim(s) of the two hunter-killers and any other events that may have happened during the night phase that ought to be revealed.
5. And so on – with a majority voting off one person during the day phase and the killers selecting one more victim every night phase until we get down to either the citizens catching all the killers (in which case the citizens have won) or the other way when all the citizens are dead – so the killers win.

Sign ups in this thread and then when we have a minimum of 7 players we'll use this one as the night phase chat thread
If we get 10 players or more then we'll have enough people to have some extra roles so, just to whet your whistles this is the potential line-up of hidden seekers of The Way (of Mrs. Cosmopolite), Angels of Algebra and The Grey Ones (with some Divine Intervention)...

Mr. Beige ~ yes, we're scoping for a minimist, neutral-coloured Hogswatch
Mr. Khaki ~ yes, we don't want them like the ones we had before
Nuggan ~ no, no, no, no... Yes! There is a list and you're not having chocolate whether you've been no-no-no-no-naughty or nice!

Our good guys...
The Sweeper... is going to have his work cut out shovelling all these cadavers off the path to the Garden of the Five Surprises...
The Abbot's... hopes of having a nappy Hogswatch has just gone down the tubes...
The Time Lord ~ may just have run out of cranberry sauce...

And... maybe...
some of those monks are looking like they've just come down with an awful dose of deja-flu - or possibly gnats...

YOU'D BETTER WATCH OUT IF YOU'RE PLANNING TO PLAY SASKWATCH WITH THE YETI THIS SOLSTICE!
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Re: Solstice Saskwidge Sign-up & Overnight thread

Postby Willem » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:03 pm

Monky Willem reporting for duty!
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:24 pm

Yo! :happy-bouncymulticolor:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:30 pm

Ow! that's gives me eye ache. :o
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:33 pm

Get you used to the slicing ;)
Jan Van Quirm

Postby SimStars13 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:47 pm

Count the butterfly-monk as joining this festive hunt... thing :D I'm excited (especially as I missed that last one!)
"Martin! I thought we sold you"

DFTBA
SimStars13

Postby Kin Arad » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:50 am

I'll join - i'll see if i can't last longer this time!! ;) :D
“Wouldn’t that unplug your heating pad?”
Kin Arad

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:00 am

Rubs hands - 3 punters already! :D
:clap:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby meerkat » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:00 am

Me! Me!
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Dotsie » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:45 pm

Oooh, me please! :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby michelanCello » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:34 pm

We're busy :P Maybe next time ;)
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:20 pm

Too busy for murder? :o What's the world coming to! :shifty:

OK - doing quite well for some cabin fever craziness. Let's see who's up for a Killer Krismass so far

Wassailing Willem
Saintly Simstars
Archimandrite Kin Arad
Deacon Dotsie
Monsignor Meerkat

Don't forget we also have room for Gluhweining Gawpers for guilt-free mixing and minxing :twisted:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby meerkat » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:06 pm

I've read the rules and we all know what'll happen.... :lol:

Monsigneur Meerkat is feeling very Holy.eek!
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby WannabeAngua » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:19 pm

I'm in. As one of the bad ones last time I'll probably last about 3 seconds.
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:38 pm

Ah Wannabe - you just never know how these names'll be comming out of the hat... :P

So the names on the frames are looking like this

Wassailing Willem
Saintly Simstars
Archimandrite Kin Arad
Deacon Dotsie
Monsignor Meerkat
Angelic (Wannabe) Angua

Hmmm - so 1 short of the magic 7 players. :think:

OK if we get one more wanting to play before chucking out time (11pm GMT) tonight then I'll start it today (just :lol: ) and the first goner will go at 10 pm tomorrow Dec 24th :angelic-whiteflying: and we'll have a nice long Solstice night phase until the 27th ;)
Jan Van Quirm

Next

Return to Games