Discworld/Dreamworlds RP - Help wanted! (no need to join)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Discworld/Dreamworlds RP - Help wanted! (no need to join)

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:45 pm

This is an ad for a new roleplay game site with other stuff to do.... :twisted:

Reason I've been weirder than usual the past several weeks is 'cos my friends and I have been building a new cyber-playground which is... well fun and we hope to be opening later this month or early August.

~ It's NOT all about Tolkien
    ~ and it's NOT all about fandoms
    ~ and it's NOT all about chatrooms for every social occasion, hobby, sport or leisure pursuit under the sun that you'd care to post about
    ~ or indeed NOT all about roleplay and original fanfiction for people who have imaginations and don't need a console to make them come to life - just a keyboard and the ability to spin a good yarn or character...
It IS all about mixing all those things and giving people a great choice and freedom to build their own boards on their favourite subject or fandom together with friends who share that enthusiasm - including personal sub-forums that you control to create your own world within worlds.

Interested in textual roleplay, but not sure what that is?
Well ~ are you a TV, book, comic, anime or movie fan? Do you ever wish you were a Jedi Knight? A Wizard or a Witch? Maybe even a Vampire or Werewolf? Do you long to 'explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and new civilizations?' Well you can - on DreamWorlds!
In fact, you can do all that in 2 different ways! In 2 textual roleplay forums, you can re-invent yourself as a star-ship trooper, or fight the Black Knight - or even Voldemort... if you want to!

The Dream Worlds (Single Fandom RP)
This concept allows any fandom that has enough interest and members to have their own "dedicated" fandom forum. At the moment, only one fandom, Tolkien’s Middle Earth, has enough interest to have it's own area but, as we grow, we could provide Star Wars or Hogwarts or Dr. Who environments too - help us decide what to build next!

In the meantime, if people want to play on Tatooine, or in Narnia, or Ankh-Morpork, then they can! Initially, in our freeform roleplay area, which is...

DreamGalaxies (Multi-Fandom RP)
This is likely to be one of our busiest forum and here you could get to play your favourite characters from your best-loved TV programmes, books, comics, animes or movies etc. And if your favourite genre grows well , then we’ll let you all loose in your very own forum, for even more immersive fun!

Interested? PM me and I'll give you more details on how become a previewer and founding member of the DreamWorlds multi-forums ~ because we have an adults only forum (a personal sub-forum set-up) I cannot admit anyone under 18 for the previews as the we need to test these as part of the preview process :D
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:53 pm

Good luck with this Jan - I know you've put a lot of effort into it. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby poohbcarrot » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:03 pm

Do you ever wish you were a Jedi Knight? (Nope) A Wizard or a Witch? (Not really) Maybe even a Vampire or Werewolf? (Never crossed my mind) Do you long to 'explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and new civilizations? (I do that in real life!)

But I'll do the over 18 nuddy wimin preview tests if you want. :P
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:19 pm

cheers Tony :wink:

Now why does this not surprise me pooh? PMing you soon then - but I warn you you may may have to make your own entertainment in the adult section for a while... :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohbcarrot » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:54 pm

If I wanted to (which I don't), at a click of a button I could easily see any sexual combination of men/women/dogs/hamsters/aardvarks etc etc. I wanted to.

I was only trying to be helpful :roll:

And, believe it or not, I actually enjoy the real world, so don't need to pretend to be something or somebody I'm not. 8)
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Cheery » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:55 pm

Sounds great! I think I'll have a look at it :D (If I've got the time)
Cheery

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:56 pm

We have plenty to occupy you besides pretendy fun-time games pooh - have just PMed you anyway :)
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:58 pm

cheers Cheery :P We have artwork and creative writing forums too - PM on it's way to you
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Cheery » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:02 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:cheers Cheery :P We have artwork and creative writing forums too - PM on it's way to you

Ooo... I already like that forum! :D
Cheery

Postby chris.ph » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:27 pm

i will have a look jan but youve got to remember i can be quite blunt 8)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:42 am

Ah! The sharp and blunt guys - perfect! :D PM winging its way to you v. soon and thanks for volunteering :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohbcarrot » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:18 am

Cor blimey Jan! I was only joking about the nuddy wimin.

Funniest thing I've seen for a while :lol:
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:10 pm

:lol: All in your filthy, filthy mind - have replied to you over there. It is v. funny yes and is now in a child-proof area :P

Actually ATM it's mainly women on there. Aside from you & Chris our scattering of males are irredeemably lazy and only surface every few months so you're probably far more likely to see nuddy blokes - or elves perhaps... Mmmm Elves :twisted:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby WannabeAngua » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:29 am

Now that I've read the fight threads from Pooh and Chris I have to take a look at this place :lol: :lol:
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby chris.ph » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:25 pm

come on then come and have a shufty :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Next

Return to Games