WEREWOLF GAME THREAD! The Melting Unggue Pot...

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: WEREWOLF GAME THREAD! The Melting Unggue Pot...

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:27 pm

Helpless now, the last werewolf watched aghast as her grandson faced the silver cross-bolt firing squad. The citizens of Bonk weren't taking any chances on a comeback from this execution. Smiling a sorrowful little smile Serafina von Uberwald (aka mC) turned and walked away as the barbs streaked towards TinTin's heart. She made her away out of the town and into the snow-clad woods. Only there did she change forms and break into a loping run on all fours, pumping strong and fleet as she climbed the range and headed in the general direction of Kneck...

If only she could have saved Pip's. Just one vote against the enemy, but 2 votes cast against him and her abstention and the die was - well you know! :shifty:

GAME OVER
and the innocents have won :clap:

:clap: Well played peeps and well done Dave for grasping the balance of power with not much help at hand ;)
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby pip » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:38 am

so close yet so far :cry:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:44 am

You are terminated! Image

Thanks for organising this Jano! :clap:
HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.
Sjoerd3000

Postby pip » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:16 am

Good game Jan. Shame MC couldn't come to cast a vote against Sjoerd for some reason :roll:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby DaveC » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:26 am

:)
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby michelanCello » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:46 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Helpless now, the last werewolf watched aghast as her grandson faced the silver cross-bolt firing squad. The citizens of Bonk weren't taking any chances on a comeback from this execution. Smiling a sorrowful little smile Serafina von Uberwald (aka mC) turned and walked away as the barbs streaked towards TinTin's heart. She made her away out of the town and into the snow-clad woods. Only there did she change forms and break into a loping run on all fours, pumping strong and fleet as she climbed the range and headed in the general direction of Kneck...

If only she could have saved Pip's. Just one vote against the enemy, but 2 votes cast against him and her abstention and the die was - well you know! :shifty:

GAME OVER
and the innocents have won :clap:

:clap: Well played peeps and well done Dave for grasping the balance of power with not much help at hand ;)

:shock: :shock: What happened?????

That's not fair! Just because I was too exhausted even to switch on the computer yesterday... This day phase didn't even last..what? Two days?
That's just so unfair :(
Sorry I let you down, Pip... :(

But thanks, Jan, for organizing! :D
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby pip » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:48 am

Its ok. To be honest MC i was waiting for the chance to stab you in the back . I could win the game by myself if i managed to get people to turn on you. Hope that makes you feel a little better ;)
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby michelanCello » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:49 am

pip wrote:Its ok. To be honest MC i was waiting for the chance to stab you in the back . I could win the game by myself if i managed to get people to turn on you. Hope that makes you feel a little better ;)

:o

No, it doesn't :P
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby pip » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:50 am

:twisted: :twisted:
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:21 pm

pip wrote:Its ok. To be honest MC i was waiting for the chance to stab you in the back . I could win the game by myself if i managed to get people to turn on you. Hope that makes you feel a little better ;)

Wouldn't have worked, I convinced Dave that we should vote for you! :twisted:
HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.
Sjoerd3000

Postby pip » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:23 pm

Sjoerd3000 wrote:

Wouldn't have worked, I convinced Dave that we should vote for you! :twisted:

can you PM people or is that cheating :shock:
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:24 pm

Of course you can PM people :twisted:
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:39 pm

Well on some forums you can - that's how pooh operated most of the time so we never barred 'behind the scenes' PMing for anyone as that's the only way for the werewolves to co-operate when this is played on a board anyway. :lol:

You want a post mortem on the roles 'cos all except 2 of them had strings attached? :oops: These weren't necessarily communicated to anyone and in the cops cases had to be withheld altogether - so for once you couldn't 'trust' about 75% of what I was saying to you in respect of your night choices - as Dotsie and Emberella found out on the very first night :oops: :angelic-red:

However, I'm not responsible for the rules such as they are. :P Here's how the 'special' powers worked

Serafina: The Den Mother was the leader of the Werewolves and had to co-ordinate the kill vote and, if necessary be prepared to sacrifice members of the team if the hunters had been luckier in their investigations.

mC - do you remember this?
Jan Van Quirm wrote:Your names in the frames are now
DaveC
mC
Pip
Sjoerd

Which is quite interesting because it means there's only one person in that lot that hasn't got a secret ID... so for this and possibly the final round who's looking safe to lynch?!!!!! :? :lol:

Let's make this a quickish round as there's not too many left in to play for real
Day Phase will end Monday 5th December at 10 pm (GMT)

so :naughty: You posted not long afterwards and the deadline was plain enough and available before you took the day off... :whistle:

TinTin: Was a Usurper Werewolf. What happens with this role is a little like the Vigilante situation in that as well as killing the citizens, Pip was also trying to get rid of mC and take her place as the Clan Leader. As he said if he'd managed to get either mC or Dave to turn on Sjoerd then Mr Nutt could have got lynched instead and the Werewolves would have won. However he had little or no chance of Sjoerd voting for mC :animals-chickencatch: so, with Dave onside with Sjoerd there was no way that mC would go down instead of him. IF Pip could have somehow influenced mC's and/or Dave's vote then there was a possibility of getting a 2:2 vote or alternately for Pip to vote mC out and get her lynched in certain permutations which would mean that TinTin would have succeeded in ousting his granny and been the one to run off into the sunset to bite another day instead of the citizens having a 'clean' win :twisted:

Dee: Was the one regular role in the game. She was a Stalker but as that's a blocker role all she could do was thwart the hunter's/doctor's special powers. She choose Emberella the 1st night so that was the 100% Werewolf night kill and the second night she would have blocked Sjoerd except she was hit by Willem's random kill conditions which meant anyone who attacked him, including being the last one to vote for him in the lynch, would get eliminated.
I could have done this along with Willem's lynch in the day phase, but with the way the PM choices came in it made better narrativum to kill her during the night phase :ugeek:

Igor(ina): Poor Emberella was actually Wannabe's first choice for her target to stalk (her second choice was entirely innocent and so couldn't be blocked 'cos they had nothing to do) and so had no chance to use her special power to potentially save the Werewolves night target - because that was her as well! If Emberella had chosen to protect someone else then I would have used a random means of deciding whether her protection worked or not as the Igorina role was an 'insane' doctor and so her correct choices would only have a 50% success rate - which means she'd have tried and failed to save the victim if the coin landed badly for her :doh:

And our poor cops/hunters :eusa-shifty:
In the past we've always had these playing with a straight bat and so there were no conditions with their special powers - if they investigated someone they got a trustworthy result of Guilty or Innocent and they could then share their info by whatever means they wished on thread or by PM etc :)
With more people playing than usual and a rebel amongst the Werewolves working against the Den Mother I needed to balance the opposing team so I chose to handicap both cops as well - and not tell them what I'd done aside from telling them that may not be able to trust their results... :twisted:

Sally: Deprived of her favourite brand of tea she was operating under par and going cold turkey - so she was an 'insane' cop. Any result from her investigations would get the wrong answer. So, if Willem hadn't been the Vigilante Dotsie would have got a 'Guilty' result for him, even though he wasn't a Werewolf. If she'd chosen Wannabe she'd have got an 'Innocent' result - so in fact her result were going to be reliably incorrect and she'd have gradually noticed that pattern (if she'd survived) with the warnings I was throwing out about the gameplay.

Mr Nutt: Was also getting wrong results as he was a 'Naive' cop. All his investigations would turn out to show the person as innocent so, unlike Sally's, Nutt's results were sometimes unreliable because he found out that all his night choices were innocent even if they weren't...
Because Sjoerd was on his own from Day 1 onwards, I gave him increasingly stronger clues on thread and by PM that he couldn't trust my information so by Day 3 he knew that everyone left in was innocent for him including the Werewolves left in the game. Dave was his Day 2 night choice to investigate and of course he wouldn't vote for mC so poor Pip was always going to lose in some way unless he'd been able to hornswaggle mC or Dave on the basis that they were last logical targets and so should stick together.... :lol:

The gun-happy Vigilante: The balancer 'innocent'. Willem had a completely passive kill power in that anyone targetting him wouold die. I extended this to include lynching (so the last person to vote for him) as the citizens lost 2/3rds of their cops on Night 1 and the Werewolves had too much of an advantage. :D

:clap: Really enjoyable game to narrate and thank you all for getting into the spirit of things so well. Pooh bless him would have a wonderful time spreading paranoia and disharmony if he'd been in this so I'm grateful that we didn't have too much throat tearing going on during the day phases ;)

If you want to know more about handicapping the various roles in Werewolf then have a look at the various links on this website. The ones I used in this are in the Investigative Protective and Killing pages. :D
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby pip » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:00 pm

Good stuff . Good twists in there :D
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby jaeger » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:53 pm

You know the teacher in Peanuts Charlie Brown. . . . :confusion-seeingstars:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, naked, drunk and on fire screaming YEEHAAW ! . . . .
jaeger

PreviousNext

Return to Games